Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you who are bummed out about missing the EX, don't stress. No doubt someone is going to recast the empty cowl and sell copies on eBay, so just pick one up then lol.

I personally got on the waitlist for the EX around a month before it was shown at SDCC. I had my doubts about HT changing the figure, but had a slight gut feeling that they might improve it...just maybe...so I figured I'd jump on the waitlist while I could, since it didn't cost anything, and if it didn't end up getting changed I would've just cancelled my waitlist, as I knew that if it was improved and looked good, everyone would be scramming to get onto the waitlist, so I got in early, lol. To be honest though I wouldn't really have cared much if I missed out. I still would've been happy with the regular.

I was just wondering why no one has posted a pic of the figure holding the cowl like in this pic below.

Do most people who own this figure love the Bale sculpt or just think it is the best one we have seen so far but likeness is still far from perfect?

DSC_6946_zps2d03a259.jpg

What happened? :dunno

I've stated before that, initially, I was a bit awestruck by the amount of stuff. That was me being more impressed by the quantity of the figure, rather than the quality.:lecture

What do you think it's worth then?

Same here, I can't see it happening. :thud:

Honestly, $35, tops. No new transfers and/or commentaries, deleted scenes, etc. means that they rehashed the same discs as in last year's set, threw in a bonus disc, commissioned a few prints, and literally repackaged some excess Hot Wheels that weren't selling; that's certainly not worth the $100 asking price.

For those of you who are bummed out about missing the EX, don't stress. No doubt someone is going to recast the empty cowl and sell copies on eBay, so just pick one up then lol.

I personally got on the waitlist for the EX around a month before it was shown at SDCC. I had my doubts about HT changing the figure, but had a slight gut feeling that they might improve it...just maybe...so I figured I'd jump on the waitlist while I could, since it didn't cost anything, and if it didn't end up getting changed I would've just cancelled my waitlist, as I knew that if it was improved and looked good, everyone would be scramming to get onto the waitlist, so I got in early, lol. To be honest though I wouldn't really have cared much if I missed out. I still would've been happy with the regular.

I don't want a recast, though; I want an EX., with the cowl in the box. Under different circumstances, I wouldn't care, but, due to the fact that the Wayne head looks so nice, it's an integral part of (one of many) display options. So, in some ways, it's the completist in me, as much as it is the collector.:lol The EX. is far more appealing to me with this release than, say, the DX 11's. The detonator and mask were nice, but they, honestly, served no purpose, other than for those kit bashing all of the bank robbers and the civilians on the ferry.:lol

I was just wondering why no one has posted a pic of the figure holding the cowl like in this pic below.

Do most people who own this figure love the Bale sculpt or just think it is the best one we have seen so far but likeness is still far from perfect?

I'm just surprised by the lack of screen accurate shots, in general. With a figure like this, with so many accurate expressions/display options, I figured, at least, one person would've put the Blu-Ray on to find some inspiration.

I agree, but, at the end of the day, what are Hot Toys fans, if not predictable? This figure's only been out a few weeks, give it a minute. One by one, the most vocal of collectors will start putting these up in the For Sale section to "help fund the new 'Batmobile/The Bat/whatever,'" until that whole section is flooded with "FS: HT EX 1/4 BATMAN" threads.

I DO see the Ex hitting $1000 in a month or so on Ebay(meaning selling, not asking). I think HT is going to make no more- including the regular. Demand is very high for this......HT has to move on to more IM.....

I don't want a recast, though; I want an EX., with the cowl in the box. Under different circumstances, I wouldn't care, but, due to the fact that the Wayne head looks so nice, it's an integral part of (one of many) display options. So, in some ways, it's the completist in me, as much as it is the collector.:lol The EX. is far more appealing to me with this release than, say, the DX 11's. The detonator and mask were nice, but they, honestly, served no purpose, other than for those kit bashing all of the bank robbers and the civilians on the ferry.:lol

Yeah fair enough, I understand. Was just saying that a recast would be a decent alternative if you really wanted to display that look.

I don't think many people will display the figure with Wayne head, but personally that's how I got him displayed, holding the cowl like in the HK scene, but only because I got no custom cape yet and I don't want to use the stock one lol.

I DO see the Ex hitting $1000 in a month or so on Ebay(meaning selling, not asking). I think HT is going to make no more- including the regular. Demand is very high for this......HT has to move on to more IM.....

I'm not so sure. Oversaturation affects the market more often than you'd believe, in this hobby. We're thinking about this now, sure, but think back to July of last year; this thing was available for PO for almost 6 months, and it was even available earlier this year, as well. Point is, there are a **** ton of these floating around out there, though, we might not see it, due to the fact that we're only exposed to the few posting pics/videos/statuses on here and YouTube.

Yeah fair enough, I understand. Was just saying that a recast would be a decent alternative if you really wanted to display that look.

I don't think many people will display the figure with Wayne head, but personally that's how I got him displayed, holding the cowl like in the HK scene, but only because I got no custom cape yet and I don't want to use the stock one lol.

I just love the variety of the figure. There'll never be a moment when you're at a loss for how to display it, as there are so many options.

Their last 2 emails said mid-end of october.

Edit:

Whoa, i quoted azureped, how did batfans post get quoted..

You might have bumped the "multi" button on batfan's post. A handy tool, but can catch you off your guard every once in a while. :lol

Love that. Bane's mask looks awesome there.

Yeah, I've been waiting to see that in someone's display as well.

I'm not so sure. Oversaturation affects the market more often than you'd believe, in this hobby. We're thinking about this now, sure, but think back to July of last year; this thing was available for PO for almost 6 months, and it was even available earlier this year, as well. Point is, there are a **** ton of these floating around out there, though, we might not see it, due to the fact that we're only exposed to the few posting pics/videos/statuses on here and YouTube.

True- HT is so unpredictable BUT..
look at what Mk VII is going for and he was on PO for a long time.....
DX12 was on PO a long time as well- prices JUMPED once sold out and CONTINUE to climb. I just don't see these dropping in price or demand. We'll see...

You are right the EX mask serves a purpose the detonator and grumpy mask stuff was just a gimmick unless like you said you wanted to create a custom grumpy figure etc.

I'm just surprised by the lack of screen accurate shots, in general. With a figure like this, with so many accurate expressions/display options, I figured, at least, one person would've put the Blu-Ray on to find some inspiration.

Yeah so am I, it's such an iconic pose. Come on people. :impatient:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOT-TOYS...nFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item27d8baf2c5

Are people mad? Nearly £100 just for an empty plastic cowl.

They would be better off buying a spare cheaper regular head (which includes mouth pieces) and gutting it - removing all the magnets and eyes - all for £30 less.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Toys...6616?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item232fe81e48

Yeah I would rather do that to or buy a recast mask like Xplosive said than pay that sort of money for an empty cowl.

So do I, I have never seen an EX figure be nearly double the price of what the regular is. This is currently $750-800 shipped BIN and people are buying it now!

True- HT is so unpredictable BUT..
look at what Mk VII is going for and he was on PO for a long time.....
DX12 was on PO a long time as well- prices JUMPED once sold out and CONTINUE to climb. I just don't see these dropping in price or demand. We'll see...

Oh, I'm not arguing that there'll be an aftermarket price jump, I'm just saying that it's not going to be as major as people think. The DX 12, for instance; I'd say there was a time where they were going for $500+; now, check out the FS sections; you'll generally find them in the $350-$400 range.

You are right the EX mask serves a purpose the detonator and grumpy mask stuff was just a gimmick unless like you said you wanted to create a custom grumpy figure etc.

Yeah so am I, it's such an iconic pose. Come on people. :impatient:

Yeah I would rather do that to or buy a recast mask like Xplosive said than pay that sort of money for an empty cowl.

So do I, I have never seen an EX figure be nearly double the price of what the regular is. This is currently $750-800 shipped BIN and people are buying it now!

I really want to see someone combine Plastice Enemies' and OMG's poses. OMG had the crouching down, but PE had the sticky bomb gun positioned perfectly; I could see myself posing mind like that for a month or so, with the cowl positioned facing Bale while on the surface next to him, like in the film.

Back