Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my 1/4 Hot Toys Batman today. Overall I am pretty happy with it. The body is great. Love the ratchet joints. The suit looks awesome and the cowl sculpt is amazing.

I've got a few minor issues with mine.

-On his left gauntlet, some of the matte finish was bubbled up and peeled off. So now there is a glossy spot of unfinished plastic about the size of one of his eyeballs. It's not the end of the world but is definitely not something I want to see on a figure that costs this much. I might try to fix it down the road or buy another gauntlet at some point.

-Some of the armor plates have light marks. The most noticeable ones on mine are on one of the small abdominal plates and his cod piece. Not a huge deal but again, not something I like to see. It could have been avoided had they wrapped the body in plastic for figures with painted bodies like Hulk.

-Hot Toys Notorious crappy glue. Teeth fell out of one mouth piece and his Drill fell apart. Totally fixable in 30 seconds, but still.

Was he worth the $580 I paid after tax and shipping? No.

I think of the things I could have bought with that money (and maybe even still had some left). Ipad. Playstation 4. New couch. Breaking Bad the Complete Series Blu Ray and still have $400 in my pocket :lol

That doesn't mean I regret it. I'm just saying it's nuts. I will never spend this much money on a single figure again. On top of the cost of the figure, I also bought a custom cape ($40) and a master lighthouse display case ($145 after shipping). So altogether I am looking at $765 just to display this thing. I am going to recoup some of my costs by selling off a lot of the accessories but it is still way more money than I would have ever liked to spend on something like this. If my wife ever found out what I paid, I would be dead.

I find the reviews on that site are generally over-flattering.

Really? He gave 3/5 for HT Hulk. I know it's all personal opinion, but I find his reviews and those of his guests quite balanced.

BTW I just got this in, have had only a few minutes to go over the contents. Will take the boots off to twist the legs to the correct coverage of the knees, but overall very pleased with this. It 's going to look great next to my MRM 1:4th EB Joker:yess:

Really? He gave 3/5 for HT Hulk. I know it's all personal opinion, but I find his reviews and those of his guests quite balanced.

BTW I just got this in, have had only a few minutes to go over the contents. Will take the boots off to twist the legs to the correct coverage of the knees, but overall very pleased with this. It 's going to look great next to my MRM 1:4th EB Joker:yess:

Maybe it was just the particular review I last remember looking at then - the one for City Hunter Predator. Far more complimentary than I would have been for that one.

Something about the proportions on this figure seem off to me. Anyone else get this vibe?

Do you have one? people will always see things differently, so yes. I have one and love it. But yeah, rule of thumb, you can't please everyone!

Got my 1/4 Hot Toys Batman today. Overall I am pretty happy with it. The body is great. Love the ratchet joints. The suit looks awesome and the cowl sculpt is amazing.

I've got a few minor issues with mine.

-On his left gauntlet, some of the matte finish was bubbled up and peeled off. So now there is a glossy spot of unfinished plastic about the size of one of his eyeballs. It's not the end of the world but is definitely not something I want to see on a figure that costs this much. I might try to fix it down the road or buy another gauntlet at some point.

-Some of the armor plates have light marks. The most noticeable ones on mine are on one of the small abdominal plates and his cod piece. Not a huge deal but again, not something I like to see. It could have been avoided had they wrapped the body in plastic for figures with painted bodies like Hulk.

-Hot Toys Notorious crappy glue. Teeth fell out of one mouth piece and his Drill fell apart. Totally fixable in 30 seconds, but still.

Was he worth the $580 I paid after tax and shipping? No.

I think of the things I could have bought with that money (and maybe even still had some left). Ipad. Playstation 4. New couch. Breaking Bad the Complete Series Blu Ray and still have $400 in my pocket :lol

That doesn't mean I regret it. I'm just saying it's nuts. I will never spend this much money on a single figure again. On top of the cost of the figure, I also bought a custom cape ($40) and a master lighthouse display case ($145 after shipping). So altogether I am looking at $765 just to display this thing. I am going to recoup some of my costs by selling off a lot of the accessories but it is still way more money than I would have ever liked to spend on something like this. If my wife ever found out what I paid, I would be dead.

Sorry to hear about the minor QC issues, buddy.

I too personally think that QS001 shouldn't be close to $500 before shipping , but if it would help I suggest that you think of it this way: a new iPad and/or a PS4 would not be worth its price 5 years from now while QS001 could give you a decent sum (at least get your money back) ever you choose to flip it then whether you need some cash or just got tired of it, so congrats for getting this figure! :wave

Sorry to hear about the minor QC issues, buddy.

I too personally think that QS001 shouldn't be close to $500 before shipping , but if it would help I suggest that you think of it this way: a new iPad and/or a PS4 would not be worth its price 5 years from now while QS001 could give you a decent sum (at least get your money back) ever you choose to flip it then whether you need some cash or just got tired of it, so congrats for getting this figure! :wave

Thanks :hi5: I'm not fussed about the issues since I can easily fix them or overlook them. The gauntlet thing is the only bothersome issue and even then, I can just pretend it is "battle damage"

Good point about the value. The one good thing about collecting Hot Toys is that at the very least, most of the time, they retain their value.

Plus you can get a new iPad/PS4 anytime. They never sell out.

Oh for sure. I already have an Ipad actually and plan on buying a PS4 next year when any kinks from the launch ones get worked out. I was just trying to say that I feel a little silly spending so much money on an 18 inch toy that I will pose and stick in a display box compared to something I would get thousands of entertainment hours out of.

I love it to pieces and don't regret it at all, but a grown a$$ man who willingly spends $500 + on a toy of a man who dresses up as a bat clearly has issues :lol

^ I told my wife how much I paid for this. She was not impressed. I did preface it with, "Bear in mind, I made $520 selling off my collectibles in the two months leading up to this." That softened the blow.

Good point about the value. The one good thing about collecting Hot Toys is that at the very least, most of the time, they retain their value.

True that, my friend. I myself don't consider collecting an investment, but I feel good knowing that ever there would be a need to sell some of them, I could get enough from the lot whether I sell them at cost or even at lower value.

My wife is on the other end of the spectrum. She's hoping my waitlist converts on the ex, so we'll have a second one to display HK style.

Last edited:
I'm with the Batman Prof here, my wife was actually worried the waitlist for Catwoman wouldn't convert (it did).
Good luck on the Ex waitlist Prof!

I love it to pieces and don't regret it at all, but a grown a$$ man who willingly spends $500 + on a toy of a man who dresses up as a bat clearly has issues :lol

I saw what you did there :rotfl

The way I see it, value is in the eye of the beholder. I received my two pieces back in NY last month, msrp, regular. Now I'm back in china, I couldn't resist ordering a third one (ex this time, $50 over msrp) because I just wanted to have one here in Asia. IMO, I don't think I need to justify myself on what I spend on. These things we collect, by definition, are toys. But we all clearly are aware that these suckers are NOT toys. They're high end collectibles worthy of being displayed in museums....should there ever be a museum dedicated to "toys".

The one truth I used in the past to end the little arguments I had with my girlfriend was this: girls spend upwards of $200 for shoes, $600 for bags/purses....ultimately they don't retain any sort of value. Whilst these "toys"....when was the last time you spent $300 on a toy for a child??

For crying out loud, when I was a kid, I had to whine for a $20 toy. So these things from HT, EB, 3A, medicom, Tamara tomy (masterpiece series)....these are NOT toys.

In the end, the way I see it is if we have to CONVINCE ourselves to buy these figures due to financial reasons...I dunno...maybe those people shouldn't be buying them in the first place. I mean, unless they have disposable income, they should be more focused on making sure bills are paid or mouths fed.

Just my two cents.

I have him for a few weeks now, and still take a few minutes each day to look at it, and go :hi5: with myself for having him.

The first time that my 2 yr old daughter saw him displayed she went
"woooooh nannaan!!!" made me laugh out loud.
So yeah, in this case, I forgot how much i spend for once on a "toy", because it made this moment priceless :clap

Awesome. This is what we collect for. I like to call it "toothbrush appeal". When I'm in love with a figure, I'm compelled to keep staring at it. When I brush my teeth, I impulsively walk into my collection room to do so.

That is so well worded, how can I argue with that? Tis very refreshing to have solid counter argument on a message board, let alone a Batman board. ;)
I think these are still toys, albeit a $500 toy and you make a good point, we are paying first world prices.

I know it's not quite a good argument but on certain things, especially on such good quality items, I don't care as much as you might and feel that ignorance is, sometimes, bliss.
I never spotted half the stuff say Predator fans do but when I go in there you discover 'faults' or whatever that now bother you (because you now know about it) where as it never did before.
I don't want the enjoyment of my figure to be tarnished by things that I never noticed until someone with a far keener eye than mine points it out.

This is not me saying there is anything at all wrong with being so anal but one can go too far and sometimes inadvertently spoil it for others. Which is not to say that is what you are doing but it might happen. :

I do not want to know about any faults or flaws on this Batman as I think it's just pimp. So I guess the answer is to not read your posts. But then intelligent posts are rare these days so it's a tough one! :)

I hope you understand what I am trying to say?!

Oh, I totally understand. We all come to the forums for slightly different reasons. Sometimes we're just high-fiveing about how much we love a figure, and sometimes we come to vent frustration. When we come for one reason, and get the other, it can be a let down.

Don't worry about not reading my posts in this thread. I will not post about the issues I have with it anymore, as I have said. :duff

My wife is on the other end of the spectrum. She's hoping my waitlist converts on the ex, so we'll have a second one to display HK style.

:rock My wife's pretty cool with my collection as well.

The way I see it, value is in the eye of the beholder. I received my two pieces back in NY last month, msrp, regular. Now I'm back in china, I couldn't resist ordering a third one (ex this time, $50 over msrp) because I just wanted to have one here in Asia. IMO, I don't think I need to justify myself on what I spend on. These things we collect, by definition, are toys. But we all clearly are aware that these suckers are NOT toys. They're high end collectibles worthy of being displayed in museums....should there ever be a museum dedicated to "toys".

The one truth I used in the past to end the little arguments I had with my girlfriend was this: girls spend upwards of $200 for shoes, $600 for bags/purses....ultimately they don't retain any sort of value. Whilst these "toys"....when was the last time you spent $300 on a toy for a child??

For crying out loud, when I was a kid, I had to whine for a $20 toy. So these things from HT, EB, 3A, medicom, Tamara tomy (masterpiece series)....these are NOT toys.

In the end, the way I see it is if we have to CONVINCE ourselves to buy these figures due to financial reasons...I dunno... maybe those people shouldn't be buying them in the first place. I mean, unless they have disposable income, they should be more focused on making sure bills are paid or mouths fed.

Just my two cents.

:exactly: That is very well said :clap :clap :clap

Who are you talking about here? :huh

The way I see it, value is in the eye of the beholder. I received my two pieces back in NY last month, msrp, regular. Now I'm back in china, I couldn't resist ordering a third one (ex this time, $50 over msrp) because I just wanted to have one here in Asia.

OMG you bought three of these? What display options are you going to use?

IMO, I don't think I need to justify myself on what I spend on. These things we collect, by definition, are toys. But we all clearly are aware that these suckers are NOT toys. They're high end collectibles worthy of being displayed in museums....should there ever be a museum dedicated to "toys".

It's more than the definition, its the fact they are posse able and come with different hands and a bunch of accessories. They do look like they are designed to be played with. If they were just statues then yes I could see where you were coming from. However, if they are set up right they look more like high quality statues or min wax figures that belong in a wax museum. So it all depends on how they are set up because the 1/4 figures can sometimes pass for 1/4 scale statues.

Wow what did she say?

You can kind of debate the rest but Transformers are clearly toys, whether they are MPs or not. That does not mean it is a bad thing, it just means you like to collect toys that you grew up with. It's not childish.

Back