Hot Toys - The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too. I almost bought the Taks Bats about five times in the last few months.

Nothing. The Takara Batman is an amazing figure but it is in fact very stylized. That being said its far superior than the original HT release. This one looks to have bested them both but we won't know until we see full pics. For me it just I want everything to be uniform so getting a better HT Bats in the BB uniform is a godsend.

Whats so bad about the Takara Batman all of a sudden? :confused:

It's not very true to Batman's appearance in Begins. The details of the suit are there, but the overall shape of his body is much more slender than it appeared in Begins and the cowl doesn't have the panther look totally and both portraits are a bit Hasbroish compared to modern Hot Toys figures. That said, I love my Takara Batman and will get this one in addition not replacement, but I do see the potential for this HT Bats to offer both what is so good with the Takara Batman and add to it what is missing. Unless this figure suffers the posing issues I hear about the first HT Batman, the rankings of Begins suit figures will likely end up 1) HT V2, 2) Takara, 3) HT V1, 4) Medicom.

Totally agree, Sean. Taks is a stunning work of Art, although the Body is a bit slender.

Funny thing though, Bale is slimmer in TDK than he was in BB. Go figure.:D He actually gained too much weight when they first started shooting BB.

Yep, nothing wrong with the Tak Bats. I've owned two of them and the first HT Batman. Until the new HT Batman arrives (and granted he's any good), Takara's Batman is the reigning champ.

It's a shame Takara hasn't announced any plans to do a TDK figure.

I WANT MY TDK FIGURES!!!!!

300-movie-400a0309.jpg

This is us Fighting for TDK figures :D

2007_300_020.jpg

Totally agree, Sean. Taks is a stunning work of Art, although the Body is a bit slender.

Funny thing though, Bale is slimmer in TDK than he was in BB. Go figure.:D He actually gained too much weight when they first started shooting BB.

I'm actually beyond stunned at the physical transformation Bale went through. I didn't see the movie, and don't remember what it was, but he was almost a corpse in the movie before Begins, I can't believe what he put his body through. I'm sure the transformation from anorexic to built for begins lead him to becoming overbulked a bit.

I read somewhere that he only ate apples and smoked cigarettes for months to slim himself down for The Machinist. Then he pigged out (and worked out) for 6 months to gain weight for BB. Commited or Insane?

I'm actually beyond stunned at the physical transformation Bale went through. I didn't see the movie, and don't remember what it was, but he was almost a corpse in the movie before Begins, I can't believe what he put his body through. I'm sure the transformation from anorexic to built for begins lead him to becoming overbulked a bit.

making_machinist15.jpg

TO THIS

D3373010C3AC7AB37617EAAF3BED9.jpg

Very unhealthy to do that kind of thing so quickly.

I read somewhere that he only ate apples and smoked cigarettes for months to slim himself down for The Machinist. Then he pigged out (and worked out) for 6 months to gain weight for BB. Commited or Insane?

DeNiro and Stallone have done similar things for a role as well

Yeah, but have you seen The Machinist? Dude was a skeleton!

Both Deniro and Stallone have won Oscars (ok, Stallone didn't win for acting, but whatever). I hope Bale gets his due someday.

As much as I like Stallone, putting on a few extra pounds for Coplan doesn't begin to compare to what Bale's put his body through.

Yep, it's been on dvd for a while.

for full effect, here's what he looked like in that movie (I don't think this counts as a spoiler):

155113__machinist_l.jpg

Now THAT dude belongs in Arkham.:lol

Amazing transformation as noted. Bale had to start losing weight in Begins, poor guy... talk about devotion.

Back