Hot Toys - The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? I think the nose is still too long, and it's a bit thin. I tried to find an image with the head angled similarly to the HT pic:

(ignore the text)
Batman_Begins_Belongs-L.jpg

78dl8.jpg

But everything else on the cowl is spot on.

He does wear the BB suit in the film, many shots in the trailer feature it especially the jumping on the van scene. According to everyone involved in the film the need for the new suit is detailed in TDK.....it isn't just a random switch like the other Bat movies

Could be considered a spoiler so I'll respect the thread and not make it a blatant post.

<START>In the new TV ad linked in the TDK thread, there's a part where Bruce is with Fox and says to him "I need a new suit" to which Fox in his way replies "Three buttons are very 90s Mr. Wayne." or something like that, joking about business suits but knowing he's referring to maybe not Batman, but certainly a suit like the one he used for Begins. So for sure, there'll come a point where Bruce looks at the suit he's been using and says this isn't enough and he needs something better.<END>

I'm a bit disappointed in Batman, I have the first so I don't want to rebuy a superior version of this suit again. I do hope they're making the main TDK suit.

Joker looks incredible! There's no question that I'm buying him, but I really hope Hot Toys doesn't release a superior version at a later date.

but I really hope Hot Toys doesn't release a superior version at a later date.

As much as I hate their practices with the Predators, in their favor, they've yet to pull that ^^^^ with any property where there are a number of subsequent figures you can make, only ones where there's 2-3 figures at the most.

This line could be made up of, without seeing the movie, 2 legitimate, different Jokers, 2 Batsuits, Bruce Wayne, Harvey Dent, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Joker goon, some other crime boss that's significant but we don't know about yet, Gordon. I somewhat buy into the theory that they rehash Predators to deal with expenses of making single figures like that instead of a full line because other than maybe Harrigan, there's no human really worth making from Predator 2 and none at all from AVPR, so then you have limited figures to make. From TDK alone, they could easily have half a dozen figures to roll out, and if by some miracle they can do more with Begins, we could see a Ra's or two, Neeson that is, and even a fake Ra's figure.

I certainly hope The Joker comes with two heads, cause, with his eyes looking up, there is minimal poses you can do.

I certainly hope The Joker comes with two heads, cause, with his eyes looking up, there is minimal poses you can do.

I would agree, but until we get another view I can't say. The first Jack Sparrow was done similarly, he's more painted for a head down pose, but it looks fine with the head up, or it'd be fine for Joker anyway, it loses the Jack Sparrow eye effect on him, but that's a different case I think from Joker. I really think it'd be cool if HT did multiple heads for the more expressive characters. Some characters, the neutral portrait is just fine for, but silly ones like Joker and Jack Sparrow, the bigger range of options you can have as far as portraits, the better the product is.

You could also add Ninja Bruce Wayne and Alfred to that list Maulfan. ;)
I'm getting this Joker without a doubt. I'd rather them release a second version later and feel disappointed then miss out if there isn't another.
I hope they do make a Scarecrow, Twoface, and Ra's Al Ghul, and just because I love the actor, a Gary Oldman as Jim Gordon. :D

Hot Toys could do what Enterbay does and give us articulated, 360 degree rotating eyes for the Joker. That would rock.

Thank you, been saying this all along. Keep your powder dry, Boys. :D

If I have to I will start a HT Joker (whiner free) thread. :lol

I wouldn't call it "whining." I think there are some pretty significant issues with Joker (which Buttmunch has pointed out) that HT needs to address. But, this is a proto, so we'll see...

I'm a slave to HT, so I'll be getting it, regardless. :eek:

I have a feeling that WB wants the Jokers to be done in straight full unaltered facepaint. I have a real strong need to buy 2 Jokers and get a head sent to one of our wonderful customizers to get a messy Joker done....

I'm a bit disappointed in Batman, I have the first so I don't want to rebuy a superior version of this suit again. I do hope they're making the main TDK suit.

Joker looks incredible! There's no question that I'm buying him, but I really hope Hot Toys doesn't release a superior version at a later date.

I'm a little disappointed too. Although rationally, I think we all know that whatever Batman they release first is going to be eclipsed by whatever Batman they release next -- either by having more accesories or alternate heads or clothing -- so this forces me to wait out the first round of Batman figures from Hot Toys. Although, if this Batman ALSO comes with Bruce Wayne head and a Bruce Wayne set of clothing -- like the last Superman figure came with CK head and clothing -- then I'd pick him up with glee.

I wouldn't be too focus on passing on this one. The next Batman is definitely going to be the TDK suit and by the sounds of thing they are planning to really diversify this line. We may get multiples of the TDK suit probably a basejumper version and the standard caped version but I have a feeling this will be the last one done at least in this go around in the BB styling.

You could also add Ninja Bruce Wayne and Alfred to that list Maulfan. ;)
I'm getting this Joker without a doubt. I'd rather them release a second version later and feel disappointed then miss out if there isn't another.
I hope they do make a Scarecrow, Twoface, and Ra's Al Ghul, and just because I love the actor, a Gary Oldman as Jim Gordon. :D

Ya, as much as TDK figures are exciting because of the movie excitement, I'd as much like to see Begins revisited, I don't know if it's possible, but there certainly are a few figures that would add to the collection to have that never came to be.

Back