Hot Toys - The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Yuli has to be in the top 5 hottest Asian ladies I've seen. Plus she likes toys. Dream come true?

Even better, she makes them, you could have any figure sculpt you ever wanted and done with precision craftsmanship. Imagine if she and Trev got married, their kids would have the coolest ^^^^ ever.

Thought I'd point this out for anyone concerned with the skin texture on Joker that is unfamiliar with HT's human portraits of late.

The actual Will Turner production figure's skin texture is about 50% as strong as what's seen here in this prototype image. It's still there and looks great in hand, but that's the case for all the skin texture figures, the protos are alway stronger, so if it concerns you with Joker, I wouldn't let it.

6343_press08-001.jpg

Good to know Sean, but I have a Yulli sculpted Jor El, and the skin texture is highly detailed. It looks amazing.

Good to know Sean, but I have a Yulli sculpted Jor El, and the skin texture is highly detailed. It looks amazing.

Well all of Yulli's stuff I have is nicely textured too, I just wanted to point out where it almost looks like sandstone on the prototypes, it looks more like a natural skin texture on the finished product. I remember some image of Jor-El Proto that looks equally strong, don't know if the final one was another case where it was more natural and subtle.

Here's my Will, it's there, but I think it's more subtle than the proto, it only shows strong under certain lighting, like real human skin does.

A.jpg

these are going to sell very very fast , my local toysrus was packed with money grabbers buying the cheap joker figures then selling them for quadruple the prices ( and getting it ).
If you want one of these your gonna have to be fast I think.

these are going to sell very very fast , my local toysrus was packed with money grabbers buying the cheap joker figures then selling them for quadruple the prices ( and getting it ).

Absolutely correct! I hate ef'n scalpers, thats why i'm gonna preorder 6 Jokers and flip them for 4 times the price on Ebay! :naughty

Kidding of course.

It put all the bulk for batman in 5 months after wrapping the Machinist. Incredible, even though he'd have muscle memory from being is just shape as it was in Reign of Fire and American Psycho, which would have helped his muscles come back faster than the average joe, he would have been having so many protein shakes and maybe* some kind of steroid to get that big that quickly...

Muscle memory owns! I love muscle memory. I went down to 145 last Summer. Got really sick. I was treading into Machinist territory. Now I am at around 160-165. My muscle came back... and I am still ripped, but with more muscle and obviously with that, size.

He is amazing. Gained 100 lbs in under a year. Wow, what that guy won't do for his craft.

BTW Those figures look amazing! I would be all for that Joker, but I already have Josh making me one. It's more limited. :D

There is no need to be worried about be able to secure these.

I have never had a hard time ordering a figure from Hot Toys, Sideshow, Medicom or ANY high-end 1:6 figure for that matter... except on rare occasions when I neglected to order something when I could and then regret it much later on.

There is no need to be worried about be able to secure these.

I have never had a hard time ordering a figure from Hot Toys, Sideshow, Medicom or ANY high-end 1:6 figure for that matter... except on rare occasions when I neglected to order something when I could and then regret it much later on.

Ya, granted there are times like the SSC Exclusive Wolf that sold out in like 3 days, but that's more limited than the regular one. Keep a sharp eye on BBTS and Toys2 and I think you'll be safe.

Ya, granted there are times like the SSC Exclusive Wolf that sold out in like 3 days, but that's more limited than the regular one. Keep a sharp eye on BBTS and Toys2 and I think you'll be safe.

Exactly. Sideshow will obviously not carry these (because they're a DC license) but there will be no problem securing them from one of several online retailers (two of the most notable you've just mentioned) unless you plan to be out of pocket for several days or weeks after they go up.

I normally prefer fast easy transactions on Sideshow's site,so ordering in Toys2 will be a first for me.I might need a tutorial on the fastest way,like a direct link should my net get slow.

Do you guys really think these will all sell out right away?
Nope. Has any non-exclusive Hot Toy or Medicom figure ever sold out right away?

I normally prefer fast easy transactions on Sideshow's site,so ordering in Toys2 will be a first for me.I might need a tutorial on the fastest way,like a direct link should my net get slow.
These will not sell out within minutes like the Sideshow Exclusives do. Rest easy.

I could see Joker selling out within a week, to be quite honest, but only because with Ledger's death, the sick world we live, secondary market sellers will be scooping them up and charging a boatload later trying to cash on his death, ^^^^ers.

It's easier for scalpers to wait at their local TRU and chance ten bucks on a toy than to sink 100+ on a figure plus international shipping for what may be a negligible profit, though.

I don't remember offhand, but does Hot Toys limit edition sizes? Obviously they are a small company and can't keep producing toys forever, but do they ever cap their production numbers or just produce based on anticipated sales / preorders?

Back