Hot Toys - The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling that HT's plan for the first two rounds of TDK figures includes Bank Heist Goon Joker, Standard Joker, BB Batman, TDK Batman.....past that I think it'll depend on sales.

If that is the figure preview for some reason it'd be slightly disappointing even though I've seen plenty of shots of The Joker with full make up I always liked it when he had the make up all sloppy and half sweated away.....made more sense with his persona....then again it'd only be a slight disappointment

I had the same hopes, but then again, there's not telling if the Joker in that image is A) Hot Toys, or B) 1/6 figure or 1/4 bust. Until we see the figure for sure as the figure, I'm not banking on how it will look cuz this head may not be it. I do hope the final figure would be more sloppy, from the early images and first trailer, I got hte impression it was always that way and like you say mike, part of his persona, but the newest trailer shows otherwise at times. It could be too that WB wants the products clean, even if that's not totally true to the film. I haven't seen an official Joker product yet that isn't clean makeup.

I had the same hopes, but then again, there's not telling if the Joker in that image is A) Hot Toys, or B) 1/6 figure or 1/4 bust. Until we see the figure for sure as the figure, I'm not banking on how it will look cuz this head may not be it. I do hope the final figure would be more sloppy, from the early images and first trailer, I got hte impression it was always that way and like you say mike, part of his persona, but the newest trailer shows otherwise at times. It could be too that WB wants the products clean, even if that's not totally true to the film. I haven't seen an official Joker product yet that isn't clean makeup.

It's hard to tell right now. It does look like you can see his skin wrinkles. And it looks like he'll actually have a teeth baring smile. Atleast he doesn't have a neutral expression.

What is that picture from Batty?

I don't know. I just found it on the internets looking up HT Joker.

He does have that bright green streak in his hair like the one in the banner. It might be a fake. It might not.

ap_20080503031733964.jpg.jpg

I not sure whether it is the Hot Toys figure, but the picture is from a person called TOMM, which he is a the reviewer and layout designer for the MILK magazine in Hong Kong. I have looking at his blog for quite some times and knowing that he always has the first hand of Hot Toys figure for shooting purposes and put up in the magazine as announcement.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I not sure whether it is the Hot Toys figure, but the picture is from a person called TOMM, which he is a the reviewer and layout designer for the MILK magazine in Hong Kong. I have looking at his blog for quite some times and knowing that he always has the first hand of Hot Toys figure for shooting purposes and put up in the magazine as announcement.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I have no idea. Do you have a link to the blog you mentioned?

The only thing that makes me think it is real is the amount of skin texture the Joker has. HT has really been paying attention to details like that with their figures lately.

Btw, welcome to the forum, zijian!

The only thing that makes me think it is real is the amount of skin texture the Joker has. HT has really been paying attention to details like that with their figures lately.

That's what has me thinking 1/4 bust, they have gotten good at texturing the skin on their 1/6 pieces, but I own 4 figures with that effect and it's not that strong, even in proto photos, yet the Rambo 3 and Batman 1/4 busts show stronger skin texture which has me thinking it's a bust, which is fine because I'll probably get the bust too, it looks great. I'm sure the 1/6 figure head will be fantastic, I'm just not sure this is it. After seeing the HD trailer this morning, I do hope the 1/6 has sloppier makeup, that seems to be the MO, even scenes where the bootleg looked solid, his makeup isn't too clean.

Back