Hot Toys - The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having seen the spoiler images, I personally think a Two-Face figure is going to look too disgusting for anyone who doesn't already collect horror figures to want to own it. It'll look really out of place on a shelf containing most other high end figures.

I don't think that at all, I think it'll look perfectly in place in a Batman display. It might look off to people who don't understand Batman, but anyone who does won't find it out of place, they'll think it's a badass Batman figure.

Having seen the spoiler images, I personally think a Two-Face figure is going to look too disgusting for anyone who doesn't already collect horror figures to want to own it. It'll look really out of place on a shelf containing most other high end figures.

I'm hoping he looks that messed up too. But I guess being a Horror collector, thats fine :D

With the Scarecrow confirmed in this film, Two-Face, Joker....they really could spread this line pretty far. The only one really missing would be Ras.

Scarecrow? some how i kind of knew that but still i wanted to be surprised, thanks to the damn producers or people from the film for ruining the movie for me, those bastards said how harvey turns into two face ^^^^ing bastards :monkey2

Actually he may be in this newest trailer when the Batmobile runs through the parking garage wall in the begining of the trailer. Not 100% sure though.

Might also be him (unmasked) when Batman yells "Where is he" in the first theatrical trailer.

Besides, I think we all knew he would be coming back, though it will likely only be a small cameo.

You are correct sir! For those saying scarecrow is not in the trailer, check out this from the SHH boards.

https://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd87/sugarfiend06/scarecrow-pwned1.gif

Awesome Batty. Thanks. I think we can expect similar sculpt quality for the HT TDK 12" scale stuff. Yulli is prolly doing the 12" Joker for them.

Don't like it but the 1/4 busts have left me really wanting. Their quality also doesn't translate into what you see in their 1/6 figures. I guarantee that Yulli will be sculpting the Bats figures...

Don't like it but the 1/4 busts have left me really wanting. Their quality also doesn't translate into what you see in their 1/6 figures. I guarantee that Yulli will be sculpting the Bats figures...

I don't know what you're talking about. Yulli will bring Jor El quality to the 12" TDK stuff and it WILL be similar in quality to that bust, which is excellent IMO.

Don't really see the likeness in the bust... but could just be the picture. However, you can see that insane level of detail that I hope we see in the figures :rock

Wow! That looks great. Can't tell on the "Joker" likeness in that lighting or without the black make-up, but I'm liking what I am seeing.

Wasn't the Rambo bust the same sculpt as the Rambo figures? If so, I'd imagine a similar sculpt for the Joker. Hopefully they will do the make-up a bit messier though.

Don't really see the likeness in the bust... but could just be the picture. However, you can see that insane level of detail that I hope we see in the figures :rock

I'm sure the likeness is there, even DCD has it, but that face paint really can hide Heath well, even in the film.

One likeness issue I find is that none of the official prodcuts seem to capture the shape of his hair quite right

Wasn't the Rambo bust the same sculpt as the Rambo figures? If so, I'd imagine a similar sculpt for the Joker. Hopefully they will do the make-up a bit messier though.

Well, not a fair comparison. Rambo 3 figure and bust are just flat, stern sculpts of Stallone, so they look pretty similar ya, but with Joker, there's room for the 1/6 to not be identical to this bust.

I don't see the likeness at all in that bust and I seriously doubt that Yulli sculpted the 1/4 bust because it doesn't seem her quality. What I was saying is that the 1/6 Yulli done figures will overshadow these without question.

Well I can see the likeness even in that teaser bust shot. Like to see all of it of course but what I was saying is Yulli will nail it in 12". I have a Jor El so I know what she can do in sixth scale... it's pretty much dead on.

I don't see the likeness at all in that bust and I seriously doubt that Yulli sculpted the 1/4 bust because it doesn't seem her quality. What I was saying is that the 1/6 Yulli done figures will overshadow these without question.

I can see that. The 1/4 Predator bust is a big step back from the 1/6 figures.

Thing is though, these busts are about $50-$75 plastic busts with posable heads. For that price, they're not getting the same quality and care necessarily as the $125-$150 1/6 figures are.

I'm sure the likeness is there, even DCD has it, but that face paint really can hide Heath well, even in the film.

One likeness issue I find is that none of the official prodcuts seem to capture the shape of his hair quite right

This hair seems to be the closest though. I just think the hair is hard to translate into a 3-d sculpt because the hair is all over the place and has depth and volume to it because of the nature of hair. No sculpt can mimic that no matter how good the artist. I'm thinking this is about as close to the hair as we will get.

And is is just me, or does he not have eyebrows?

This hair seems to be the closest though. I just think the hair is hard to translate into a 3-d sculpt because the hair is all over the place and has depth and volume to it because of the nature of hair. No sculpt can mimic that no matter how good the artist. I'm thinking this is about as close to the hair as we will get.

The Joker's hair looks/is styled different in different scenes so I don't think there is any Hair look criteria.

And is is just me, or does he not have eyebrows?

well, if they paint his eyes right, you don't see eyebrows but since they didn't, you notice their absence.

As for the hair, as pjam state, there's no one look to it persay, which is understandable. My issue is, for the character, I think some measure of dissaray needs to be present, and all of the products so far have seemed combed and controlled.

This:

screencapturead0.png

compared to this:

9.jpg

is very clean and controlled. I just want a Joker figure that everything about his face, from hair to expression to makeup has him looking like a deranged nut.

Yeah, honestly don't care what the 1/4 looks like as long as the 1/6 is kickass I'll be a happy camper :rock

Back