Hot Toys - The Joker 1989 - Jack Nicholson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like this may have been the image that inspired the sculpts expression.

unled1qr.jpg

Jack had some bags under them eyes didn't he?

Good catch.

I was thinking to myself that the way the lower teeth kind of curved upward in the middle looked a bit unnatural, but looking at that pic it seems that is Jacks real anatomy. Might be exaggerated in the figure, but only slightly.

I would say the same about Pacino. And I do think the body of one's work and longevity at the top of their form should play a role in such a discussion (for directors and actors), as should range and depth of performance over the course of those careers. Of course, this is all subjective. But I personally wouldn't put Nicholson in the same discussion as guys like Humphrey Bogart, Henry Fonda, and Marlon Brando. I would even put Tom Hanks and Daniel-Day Lewis ahead of him. Having said that, Chinatown is one of my favorite all-time movies.

Nicoholson will go down as an iconic actor...i probably should have made that more clear in my list :slap personally I think Brando/Daniel Day Lewis/Depp will probably be considered the most brilliant actors period. Those guys immersed themselves in roles and it shows....now back to 89 joker.

Looks great! Finally a decent open mouth HT sculpt! Could use a little more facial contouring but other than that a strong consideration for me. At least, when and if they eventually do release Keaton, seems like I'll need ol' Jack to complement him. :D

I have to save this man's life, before his wife turns all pamela voorhees on his ass :lol

I'm certain Voorhees has had plenty a night in the dog house. I'm more than certain there's a light in there too so he'll be able to play with the figures when they arrive and she boots him out for the night. :lol

I couldn't live with myself if I didn't get this figure. I think I'm watching Batman '89 today.

This figure is one of my definite gets from SDCC, I'll sell whatever I must if necessary to get it, been wanting a Nicholson Joker for years. Hope Batman is up to this quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back