Hot Toys: The Suicide Squad: Harley Quinn (Artisan Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it’s the long forehead which is accurate, combined with the extended jaw making her head and features stretch in an unflattering way.

When you crop her forehead out you can see her likeness a bit more. Weird expression to be stuck with though.

IMG_4670.jpeg

I definitely feel like a more neutral sculpt is warranted. Hopefully, people complain them into submission…even though this still doesn’t mean **** for them finishing up the line.:lol

It does feel weird for them to revisit this franchise when they seemed to have abandoned it before. Even weirder to aim for an artisan release even with the half assed sculpt and all.

For the first time, they have braided hair on female characters. But the braids are a bit too thick? Didn’t like the laughing sculpt in 2016, certainly not liking it in this one. Love the outfit, but the pleather material is troubling. I know Robbie is not particularly well endowed, but this figure has zero cleavage? Pass, I just used my points to get Ladypool.

Woof. Looks like the worst Harley head yet. The original Suicide Squad was one of their best, this is the opposite lol. Combine that with fake leather, bad Hair, and 3 years late, this is a miss. Which sucks because I'll probably end up preordering it and maybe using a birds of prey or old Suicide squad head on it and pray the pleather is strong enough to last at least 5 years.

I have the first Hot Toys Harley but when I heard rumors of an Artisan Harley through the leak, I didn’t know how I would be able to resist it.
After seeing this head sculpt, I can easily resist it.

Have HT lost a lot of sculptors recently? This trend of downgraded likeness is worrying for them. Should be significantly better than an 8 year old sculpt but it's much worse.

Might get one just in case it gets a significant upgrade before release but otherwise cancel/sell it on.

Have HT lost a lot of sculptors recently? This trend of downgraded likeness is worrying for them. Should be significantly better than an 8 year old sculpt but it's much worse.

Might get one just in case it gets a significant upgrade before release but otherwise cancel/sell it on.
Yeah I really love her in this outfit but that sculpt needs some work. I'll still try to secure one but I won't be putting it on a payment plan - i.e., they'll only get my NRD until I see production photos.

What trend of downgraded likeness? While I do think they have a miss here and there( this one included) They also have produced some of the best headsculpts ever recently.

I think it looks like here. I still have the original one (only DC figure I have left) so don’t really need it.

What trend of downgraded likeness? While I do think they have a miss here and there( this one included) They also have produced some of the best headsculpts ever recentlyhave the artisan Black Widow on preorder.
Yes, Hot Toys does produce amazing sculpts. I have the artisan Black Widow on preorder. It’s a shame they didn’t do as nice a sculpt on Harley as they did on Black Widow.

This is the outfit I wanted from TSS but don’t need an Artisian release for it. Sculpted hair would have been just fine for me. And so long after the film is really odd too.

Big miss on the sculpt. Personally I’m not buying any figures or statues of Margot Robbie—one of the most beautiful women in the world—if it doesn’t actually look like Margot Robbie.

V collectibles did a really good custom head that would fit on this

Attachments

• 33F2B938-005D-4584-8A90-54F16C2EF3E7.jpeg
    33F2B938-005D-4584-8A90-54F16C2EF3E7.jpeg
    220.2 KB
Back