Hot Toys: The Suicide Squad: Harley Quinn (Artisan Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If my waitlist doesn't convert my best chance is probably finding someone who really wanted Artisan Black Widow and willing to swap. I would love Harley in this outfit but not willing to pay scalper prices. If I can't get her for retail I'll just wait for the next one.

InArt charges about a $100 premium for rooted versus sculpted so that seems to be market rate. The ArtToys Edward Scissorhands rooted is about $150 more than sculpted.

Like you mentioned, I don’t know the true value or expenses involved.

I sent my Sansa Stark (GOT) head sculpt to an artist to get rooted a few years ago - IIRC, that was at least couple hundred (if not more).

but that Sansa root job was a custom one-off to my specifications (not assembly line like Hot Toys) and you’re paying the artist for the labor, time, materials, etc. And Sansa has some semi-complicated braids to replicate.
Any photos of that custom?

Secured mine as well but as others have said, definitely on the higher end considering the suit is most definitely pleather. I got my 2016 Harley rooted and it definitely elevates the figure. I wonder how much demand there would have been for a 2.0 of the 2016 outfit.
I recently secured the 2016 version and she has quickly become one of my favorite figures. I loved Margot Robbie as Harley (thankful I was able to get the new version today) but I didn't really like any of the Suicide Squad movies. I didn't pick up the 2016 outfit & the purple coat Joker because I didn't love the film. I only recently realized I can still love a character and add them to my collection even if I dislike the film.

BigBoss, your rooted upgrade looks phenomenal! Can you please share with me who rooted the figure for you? DM me if you need to. I would love to have mine done. I'm not holding my breath that we will see this in an Artisan version anytime soon.

Last edited:
Back