HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The P1's head is really really good IMO. Right up there with the P2 Elder. There is just something about photography that can't capture its brilliance.

I do love a challenge :)

Here's one thing about the figure head not looking right a lot of the time. Most images so far, including Hot Toys' own photos, capture the figure from a higher angle, you see more of the "forehead" and a sharper angle to the jawline, but in the movie, most of the face shots were low angle so you see about 50-60% of the "forehead" and the jawline is much more sqared off.

predator.jpg

The only way Hot Toys would release a modified version of Predator would be thru a silent upgrade ala TDK Batman when changed the body on the second batch shipment without telling anyone.

But they're never going to come out and say " Okay everyone heres the 'correct' version, sorry our bad"

What excuse could they use for second version? alternate costume,what costume? Invisibility:lol give him a spear? battle damage? the only battle damage he had was a line of blood on his forhead. Special figure stand, light up mask? He's already got it!:banghead:duh They really shot themselves in the foot.

All they could do is a DX with adjustable eyes but I don't see it happening:(

What excuse could they use for second version?

I could easily see them selling a second with removable laser canon, blood paint apps, skinned body accessory, extra skull trophy accessories, and most of what comes in this current package. Might seem like a waste, but where many of us would love skinned bodies and all, and some love multiple Predators, might be enough to sell it. I'd ideally like 2 of the 1st Predator in my collection, originally planned it with this but doesn't work right now, so if they did a second with what little else there is to include, I'd get it because it'd allow me to accomplish my goal but later when it'd work.

hey do you guys think i can find this guy at the wizard world convention in philly im pretty sure they would have him.

Here's one thing about the figure head not looking right a lot of the time. Most images so far, including Hot Toys' own photos, capture the figure from a higher angle, you see more of the "forehead" and a sharper angle to the jawline, but in the movie, most of the face shots were low angle so you see about 50-60% of the "forehead" and the jawline is much more sqared off.
You are correct. The same is true about the helmet. In the film the Predator almost always has his head tilted slightly upward; I almost think it had something to do with the way Kevin Peter Hall could see out of the mask. Nobody takes photos of the figure like that though.

Nobody takes photos of the figure like that though.

I will, it's one thing I'm really careful of when I do my photos with Predators, matching angles and things that present the figure as close to what we saw on screen as I can.

I remember passing on the original P2 because a lot of shots didn't present the head very well and most of the images made the head seem like it was flat and tall, which it really isn't, and having the figure I know it can look that way with some angles and some lighting, so if you want the photos to look best, you have to work the lighting and camera to capture it the right way.

I will, it's one thing I'm really careful of when I do my photos with Predators, matching angles and things that present the figure as close to what we saw on screen as I can.

I remember passing on the original P2 because a lot of shots didn't present the head very well and most of the images made the head seem like it was flat and tall, which it really isn't, and having the figure I know it can look that way with some angles and some lighting, so if you want the photos to look best, you have to work the lighting and camera to capture it the right way.

You sound like Eddie Brock right there:lol Flag poles:rolleyes:

P1 is my only HT Pred and he is fantastic. Will post the pic some day.
And for the second version, it'll be DX with movable mandible, better medic kit, clear lens bio, and may be the second wrist blade that expand to surround Dutch neck etc lol.

Quick question to those who already got the P1... how powerful is the led on the bio helmet? Is it just like the leds that the HT endoskeleton use? Sure would like to see someone try a mod by replacing it with a powerful red laser pointer. Now that would be cool. :)

I'd say bright enough, but not quite as bright as the Endo's... at least not on the one I have. The brightest one I've ever had was the first HT battle damaged T800, that was like a freaking laser!

I do love a challenge :)

predator.jpg

The few lower angle face shots are the ones I tend to like with the Predator figure. They make the excessive gap between the eyes and mouth less noticeable and somehow capture the eye area better too.

Quick question to those who already got the P1... how powerful is the led on the bio helmet? Is it just like the leds that the HT endoskeleton use? Sure would like to see someone try a mod by replacing it with a powerful red laser pointer. Now that would be cool. :)

Yes it would. Yes..it..would.

I actually think the shirt looks horrible straight out of the box. It took me ages to futz Dutch's shirt (way too oversized IMO). You need to take off his belt...pull down his pants :lol and really tuck his shirt in. I also rolled up his sleeves more. It isn't screen accurate but I think it looks nicer.

Well at least it can be done without any customising like cutting it up and restitching it. I think you have it looking pretty good - strange I comment on that when its the photo with the predators head on it instead of Dutch.

Last edited:
Wanted to warn you guys about the paint flaking off at the mouth area. I didn't have this happen to BD P2 or the Lost Pred. It has gotten worse as I've interchanged his mouth pieces. Just something to be careful of.....

dscn2091.jpg

While a neat effect, it would seem that the paint keeping on the translucent material the mouth is made from may not be as sturdy as paint on the traditional head materials.

Wanted to warn you guys about the paint flaking off at the mouth area. I didn't have this happen to BD P2 or the Lost Pred. It has gotten worse as I've interchanged his mouth pieces. Just something to be careful of.....

dscn2091.jpg

that sucks!

Back