HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex. SSC PREORDERS Friday Aug 12, 10 am (Pacifi

Looks like this figures price is dropping significantly. A few have just ended between $315-$355. Woo hoo take that scalpers!

Re: HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex. SSC PREORDERS Friday Aug 12, 10 am (Pacifi

Screen caps of vodoun's link:

Screenshot2011-08-13at22859PM.png

Screenshot2011-08-13at22915PM.png

Screenshot2011-08-13at22928PM.png

Screenshot2011-08-13at22948PM.png

:dunno Now we're back to my previous question. How do I subscribe to the newsletter? I've been coming here for years but I'm just way too ____ing cheap to purchase anything from Sideshow directly.

Just go their site. It's advertised right on the home page with a $10 first time coupon offer.

sarcasm_detector.jpg

A) Is this out already in HK?

Yes or did you miss the cluster____ that occurred with the picture of Le Scalpitor people have been nerdraging against for weeks? Other than in the US, whatever show it was brought to it was sold in-stock. Aren't there in-hand pics from some people in this thread?

B) Is the seller one of the 30 bidders or all of the 30 bidders, trying to artificially inflate its value?

Probably not all but most likely the seller is in there with multiple bids, it happens all the time on eBay especially on the hidden bids.

C) Who would pay $455 when they can get it for 250 or whatever and it's not sold out on Sideshow?

Simple. If you live in the US, the figure bought from Sideshow makes sense. If you don't then it's no different than anything else. There are collectors who buy from Sideshow and then have to pay duty fees, higher shipping especially since SSC ships from the US and has no International shipping hub any longer. There are a lot of collectors who pay more than that just ordering from Sideshow. A collector in Europe paid $780 for a PF that was under $300 just from shipping and duty fees alone. The price of the figure is only one part of the equation.

:yess::yess:

I finally got this Batman-Wayne and the Shadow pred!!
:rock :blissy :bouncin :blissy :bouncin :rock

Preordered...I meant :monkey3

I don't want to be a jerk! But I'm kind of pissed that this figure isn't sold out already!:gah:

Best in-hand pictures I've seen so far. Soooo excited that to get this and really happy I didnt pass on it. :blissy

damn, that looks like a real person lying in that box. outstanding and i am glad to see that anyone that wants one can get it. in all honesty, when i see quantities like this, all it does it make it that much easier to take it out of the box and display it. having to pay double the original cost afterwards makes it harder to break that thing out of the box (at least for me).

I don't want to be a jerk! But I'm kind of pissed that this figure isn't sold out already!:gah:

So what?? :cuckoo:

Everybody will have the chance to get this figure ...without problems, and for a "fair price" , that's really GOOD!! :wink1:

But If you don't see in that way, then you're a real JERK!! :pfft: :nana: :pfft:

And you would deserve: :thwak :thwak.. , until you change your mind :lecture

Last edited:

Well it IS kind of expensive.

I can't believe people are complaining about the preorder status or the one per customer limit.

Everyone who wanted one could have one,
The scalpers got shafted,
The internet didn't break down before people could get orders in,
The figure looks fantastic,
Hot Toys will be doing many more Batman figures!

Makes me think of this: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxvdvoQgAy8&sns=em"]Hey Everybody We're All Gonna Get Laid - YouTube[/ame]

I can't believe people are complaining about the preorder status or the one per customer limit.

Everyone who wanted one could have one,
The scalpers got shafted,
The internet didn't break down before people could get orders in,
The figure looks fantastic,
Hot Toys will be doing many more Batman figures!

Makes me think of this: Hey Everybody We're All Gonna Get Laid - YouTube

:goodpost::exactly: :wink1:

I can't believe people are complaining about. . .the one per customer limit.
Well to reiterate. This is a figure designed with 2 different display options, and folks are only allowed one unless they go around the rules or have a previous OC Bats to use (and in the latter case, the cape is not easily removable so even that presents problems if you want to use an lforigno cape for your display). If only a small number of these were produced, then I would agree that the 1 per customer rule would make sense, as it is better for everyone that wants one to get one rather than having a limited number where some were able to buy multiples ensuring that others could not have one.

Given that this is apparently not a very limited item, however, it would be nice if those wanting two be given the option, IMO. That's not hoarding or anything, it's just allowing fans of this film the chance to display this character from different scenes in the film.

So what?? :cuckoo:

Everybody will have the chance to get this figure ...without problems, and for a "fair price" , that's really GOOD!! :wink1:

But If you don't see in that way, then you're a real JERK!! :pfft: :nana: :pfft:

And you would deserve: :thwak :thwak.. , until you change your mind :lecture

Ok ok i'm sorry I'm being greedy:slap

Well to reiterate. This is a figure designed with 2 different display options, and folks are only allowed one unless they go around the rules or have a previous OC Bats to use (and in the latter case, the cape is not easily removable so even that presents problems if you want to use an lforigno cape for your display). If only a small number of these were produced, then I would agree that the 1 per customer rule would make sense, as it is better for everyone that wants one to get one rather than having a limited number where some were able to buy multiples ensuring that others could not have one.

Given that this is apparently not a very limited item, however, it would be nice if those wanting two be given the option, IMO. That's not hoarding or anything, it's just allowing fans of this film the chance to display this character from different scenes in the film.

Yes i understand that, but i think people are looking a gift horse in the mouth by whinging. Not long ago it was looking like we wouldn't be able to get these at all, unless we paid through the nose for them by lining the purses of scalpers. The item has only been on order for a day, so perhaps there are many more people who haven't managed to order him yet. But only Sideshow and HT know the edition size, so i guess they figured it was best to limit. They would want to sell them all after all. Besides, i'm sure those who just have to have that second figure will find a way...

Yes i understand that, but i think people are looking a gift horse in the mouth by whinging. Not long ago it was looking like we wouldn't be able to get these at all, unless we paid through the nose for them by lining the purses of scalpers. The item has only been on order for a day, so perhaps there are many more people who haven't managed to order him yet. But only Sideshow and HT know the edition size, so i guess they figured it was best to limit. They would want to sell them all after all. Besides, i'm sure those who just have to have that second figure will find a way...

Yup you're right man!

Well it IS kind of expensive.

If anything is to blame for this figure not selling out fast enough, it's the price. If this were selling for $150 USD (the common price for Hot Toys figures a few years ago), I believe that it would have sold out in a matter of hours.

Let's face it, we don't really know how many people actually pre-ordered this figure, as it's still available on Sideshow's site. With the economy in shambles as it is right now, a lot of collectors just don't have the finance to drop cash (let alone $224 USD) on random items that come along.

On another note, I think Hot Toys needs to lower their prices, and go back to their business model from a few years ago. One-sixth figure collecting is becoming just too expensive, even for those of us who can afford to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back