HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex. SSC PREORDERS Friday Aug 12, 10 am (Pacifi

If anything is to blame for this figure not selling out fast enough, it's the price. If this were selling for $150 USD (the common price for Hot Toys figures a few years ago), I believe that it would have sold out in a matter of hours.

Let's face it, we don't really know how many people actually pre-ordered this figure, as it's still available on Sideshow's site. With the economy in shambles as it is right now, a lot of collectors just don't have the finance to drop cash (let alone $224 USD) on random items that come along.

On another note, I think Hot Toys needs to lower their prices, and go back to their business model from a few years ago. One-sixth figure collecting is becoming just too expensive, even for those of us who can afford to spend.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Re: HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex. SSC PREORDERS Friday Aug 12, 10 am (Pacifi

Guys

Do you think The Original will now take a dive. I am seeing the old ones now selling for $250 n no longer the $600 crazy prices

Guys

Do you think The Original will now take a dive. I am seeing the old ones now selling for $250 n no longer the $600 crazy prices

Anybody know when the PPO starts and how much this is gonna be?! :panic::panic::panic:

How do I qualify for the PPO? :dunno

How does one become eligible for this? I mean, I just assumed since we've been discussing it for weeks now, it was just a normal pre-order. :huh

Come on man are you illiterate? learn how to read!! stop being so lazy...freakin noob!!

:rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol just kidding nam i thought those posts were pretty funny

Well to reiterate. This is a figure designed with 2 different display options, and folks are only allowed one unless they go around the rules or have a previous OC Bats to use (and in the latter case, the cape is not easily removable so even that presents problems if you want to use an lforigno cape for your display). If only a small number of these were produced, then I would agree that the 1 per customer rule would make sense, as it is better for everyone that wants one to get one rather than having a limited number where some were able to buy multiples ensuring that others could not have one.

Given that this is apparently not a very limited item, however, it would be nice if those wanting two be given the option, IMO. That's not hoarding or anything, it's just allowing fans of this film the chance to display this character from different scenes in the film.

i guess SSC could lift the 1 per customer now its been long enough, i am pretty happy though that what they did might have prevented a few strokes around here.

I can't believe people are complaining about the preorder status or the one per customer limit.

Everyone who wanted one could have one,
The scalpers got shafted,
The internet didn't break down before people could get orders in,
The figure looks fantastic,
Hot Toys will be doing many more Batman figures!

Makes me think of this: Hey Everybody We're All Gonna Get Laid - YouTube

You actually think the 1 per person stops a good scalper :rotfl

Guys

It always happens when there are re-releases, and the original figure is no exception, unfortunately. Collecting, in general, is just a bad financial investment. The scalpers at Ani-com learned that lesson the hard way :lol.

It always happens when there are re-releases, and the original figure is no exception, unfortunately. Collecting, in general, is just a bad financial investment. The scalpers at Ani-com learned that lesson the hard way :lol.

Despite this, the original figure will go back up in value. The v1 TDK suit plummeted on the secondary market when people flooded it looking to pick up the DX02 as a replacement. It's now fetching respectable coin again. The original Begins release will be no different.

You actually think the 1 per person stops a good scalper :rotfl

Err, no. :slap I think Sideshow putting a large order out so everyone can get one stops the scalpers who got all the HK ones from charging more than the Sideshow price. But i guess there are always some idiots who will pay over the odds...

Despite this, the original figure will go back up in value. The v1 TDK suit plummeted on the secondary market when people flooded it looking to pick up the DX02 as a replacement. It's now fetching respectable coin again. The original Begins release will be no different.

Well, that's pretty amazing! I always go back to when Medicom decided to re-release their Metal Gear Solid 1/6 figures, which severely devalued the prices of the originals (in the secondary market).

By the way, just out of curiosity, do you think that the new Batman figure will hold its value and popularity in the long run? No, I'm not looking to flip anything. Just trying to decide between this and the Christopher Reeve Superman figure :rotfl.

For those with the figure, and without, how many of you think the figure will actually be able to pull this pose out WITHOUT damaging the suit long term?

5b8b1f6a.jpg

Well, that's pretty amazing! I always go back to when Medicom decided to re-release their Metal Gear Solid 1/6 figures, which severely devalued the prices of the originals (in the secondary market).

By the way, just out of curiosity, do you think that the new Batman figure will hold its value and popularity in the long run? No, I'm not looking to flip anything. Just trying to decide between this and the Christopher Reeve Superman figure :rotfl.

I own the Winter Festival Zombie Snake from Medi so I know exactly what you're talking about. But your comparison is a failed one. Medicom is never, and will never, ever, be comparable to Hot Toys. Not in any aspect whatsoever.

IMHO, you should swing both. Reeve Supes is a crucial piece for any comic collector and superhero fan. Especially now that Supes's EX is sold out. This new Wayne head is on par with current HT releases and makes the older stuff look dated. So if you want a Batman that'll look on par with Reeve, you'll need him, too.

I own the Winter Festival Zombie Snake from Medi so I know exactly what you're talking about. But your comparison is a failed one. Medicom is never, and will never, ever, be comparable to Hot Toys. Not in any aspect whatsoever.

IMHO, you should swing both. Reeve Supes is a crucial piece for any comic collector and superhero fan. Especially now that Supes's EX is sold out. This new Wayne head is on par with current HT releases and makes the older stuff look dated. So if you want a Batman that'll look on par with Reeve, you'll need him, too.

Ah, got it. This is going to be a hard decision, as I can only afford one of them right now :slap, and both of them are fantastic figures. In any case, thanks for the input!

Ah, got it. This is going to be a hard decision, as I can only afford one of them right now :slap, and both of them are fantastic figures. In any case, thanks for the input!

FLEX-PAY! :wink1:

For those with the figure, and without, how many of you think the figure will actually be able to pull this pose out WITHOUT damaging the suit long term?

5b8b1f6a.jpg

i was thinking this too, i want to go for a pose like these (on top of Spideys building edge)...

batmanbegins1.jpg

220px-Batman-begins22.jpg

But i don't want the rubber to break over time because he was in this position too long :dunno

Thats impossible

coachhines.jpg

Why is this PPO again today? :dunno

Why is this PPO again today? :dunno

Why would they advertise that pose then?

Ignoring HT's complete lack of reasonable customer service regarding issues with their product, the figure is more than capable of assuming that pose. You're more than willing to leave him in it as well. But the fact is, just about every rubber piece that's come out of their company cracks and breaks when stretched in extreme poses like this for prolonged periods of time. So I'd say, pose at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back