InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Nazgul 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing the pictures from the event and the price, I'm not sure I'll preorder. I'll save for the King of Angmar if it ever comes to that. Fabric is way too thick, that's almost ASMUS level thick. That's gonna be a nightmare to pose, considering that Gandalf's robes are awful coming out of the box and will stay awful until they get a water treatment. So, yeah. Not sold.

A Witchking is a natural 'reuse' for the Ringwraith. That's a good call to wait on -- or at least have hope for.

Same with Legolas, I'm tempted to hold off and hope for a Two Towers version... but then, that's 2 years away from reveal, and another 18 months after than for delivery at best, so 2028 at earliest.

I can't wait until the next Presidential election for a Legolas... can I?

I’d buy the deluxe Nazgûl
before I bought Bloom at $556.

A flocked horse of that size along with
die-cast armor and swords is a lot more
justifiable than Orlando in sweats.

Having said that,
I’m not really sold on the details of the steed
for the price, the teeth, chains and straps don’t
look premium.
I do however love the cuts and wounds.

With the Nazgûl deluxe, you don’t even need to buy the line or worry about them screwing up an actors likeness in production.

Imo it’s a great representation of the films without having to invest into the entire fellowship and dying off before it wraps up.

This was a tough one for me to decide on but I may not be amongst the popular choice here but I got the standard version of this guy w/o the horse. I think one figure with when/if a witch king arrives will be good for me.

This was a tough one for me to decide on but I may not be amongst the popular choice here but I got the standard version of this guy w/o the horse. I think one figure with when/if a witch king arrives will be good for me.
I'm in the single standard boat. Horse is just too big and I don't really have any desire for it. At least this way I can have a Nazgul against Aragorn or something.

I'm very conflicted about this.

I really like how this looks. It's a big step up from my current custom Asmus one. And I would like to have a Nazgul on steed in my collection.

But it's just so damn expensive. I feel the price is not justified, and ordering this would send InArt the message that they can get away with pricing like this. Plus I'm thinking about opportunity costs, something I usually don't do when buying something I want.

But he does look so good... Here some of my favorite shots to make this decision even harder. I'm glad we have a while to make a final decision.

461799725_514651584681333_6645829136727206530_n.jpg

461670005_514652404681251_1425455131562036296_n.jpg

461920054_514652168014608_6268697148280530445_n.jpg

538302-Screenshot-862-.png

I feel like the base could’ve been
a bit more classier, something scene specific,
I don’t know, perhaps dirt, rocks?

Currently it has the issue most statues have;
a gaudy base that has nothing to do with the figure. To make matters worse, they’re making dioramas that look far better and would’ve complemented the Nazgûl and steed tenfold. Give people a base to admire, something realistic to the environment it’d be in.

Zero issues with a fixed horse, but why go out of your way to make it look like a statue that won’t work next to the rest of the line due to the choice of base.

Isn't the first time you seem them leaving Minas Morgul? The base is pretty relevant.
No I know where it’s from,
but it mimics a statue with its out-of-scale base.

The company thrives on realism, therefore give it an environment that is realistic and in scale with the collectible. Their new diorama bases are clearly intended for their LOTR line, so why not aim for a bit of uniformity.

I’m not seeing hyper realism for $700
here and it’s largely down to the base.
On a proper diorama base with a nice camera,
this piece could look stellar.

I feel like the base could’ve been
a bit more classier, something scene specific,
I don’t know, perhaps dirt, rocks?

Currently it has the issue most statues have;
a gaudy base that has nothing to do with the figure. To make matters worse, they’re making dioramas that look far better and would’ve complemented the Nazgûl and steed tenfold. Give people a base to admire, something realistic to the environment it’d be in.

Zero issues with a fixed horse, but why go out of your way to make it look like a statue that won’t work next to the rest of the line due to the choice of base.
Yup, I thought the same thing. That's why I like JND's approach more.

No I know where it’s from,
but it mimics a statue with its out-of-scale base.

The company thrives on realism, therefore give it an environment that is realistic and in scale with the collectible. Their new diorama bases are clearly intended for their LOTR line, so why not aim for a bit of uniformity.

I’m not seeing hyper realism for $700
here and it’s largely down to the base.
On a proper diorama base with a nice camera,
this piece could look stellar.
Meh, I don’t really view figure bases that way :dunno

Personally I’d want the whole line to just have a uniform base.

Meh, I don’t really view figure bases that way :dunno

Personally I’d want the whole line to just have a uniform base.
I typically do not care for figure bases
or dioramas either, to me it’s all about the figure.

Here is the exception due to it being fixed to the base, since it is, the base is a large component to the overall aesthetic.

Thankfully, it likely has a key peg system on the bottom of the hooves to lock into place on the base to avoid damage in shipping, or at least it should.
If this is the case, then people can make their own unique diorama bases for it which would be a treat to see.

I got the standard with the $30 bree sword option. I know I’ll regret it if I don’t so $30 now is better than trying to track one down later. I like the Nazgûl standing than on horseback plus I don’t know if the steed would fit in a bookcase or display case. If it was cheaper I would have gotten one of each but it should pair nicely with the inevitable armored Witch-king one day.

Back