InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Nazgul 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 729937

After revisiting the promo pics and seeing that it
isn’t flocked along the body, now I really have no clue where the price came from for this.
Inart's new business plan:

simple-ben.gif

who said it was flocked?

the Asmus horse is flocked. Feels velvety.
I think that’s what led me to believe this one was,
why wouldn’t they flock it?

Isn’t that like protocol if the previous version that came out had a staple premium touch, yours would have to offer that same level at minimum or top it entirely?

At least in that photo, this looks like a vinyl layer, could be wrong, likely am. Just a bit odd for this pricing, does anyone have info on what the steed is made from? Weight?

I think they’re shooting themselves in the foot not using materials here, it would look amazing with the coat shining under light in a display, or in sunlight for photography.

I just figured they’d attempt to go the extra mile since they know they aren’t offering us a sculpt here and to better help sell this thing at the prices they want it to be worth.

Last edited:
Imho the sculpted fur with glossy texture looks more realistic than flocked:

IMG_7082.jpeg

I took this pic of a 1/6 horse with HT JL WW long time ago but I think the horse still looks good for today’s standard.

Although the flocked treatment can hide articulation better.

I just assumed the horse was polystone. Or something similar. Essentially a statue base. Which is what I'm hoping for, actually. (Like the Asmus Shadowfax.) Flocking is fine, but it doesn't make it feel "high end" to me. I'd prefer a really good paint job.

I just assumed the horse was polystone. Or something similar. Essentially a statue base. Which is what I'm hoping for, actually. (Like the Asmus Shadowfax.) Flocking is fine, but it doesn't make it feel "high end" to me. I'd prefer a really good paint job.
If you’re making a figure with real clothing, metal accessories and armor, no headsculpt to offer, want to sell it for $6-700, then why not go further into the realism by offering a flocked steed?

If I were to own this, everytime I would look at it,
I’d look to the hood, see nothing, and my eye would naturally pan to the sword, horse and its materials, because the base has nothing to look at either.

It does seem underscaled, but could it be because the head is tilted down? If the neck was fully extended maybe it wouldn't be so noticeable.

Maybe... here's another comparison, which looks a lot better, but now the Nazgul looks overscaled. :lol

But proper positioning of the Nazgul will likely solve most of the problem.

WG Nazgul steed COMP 2.jpg

If the base was a bit longer to where the steed could stretch out it wouldn’t look like a pony.

I’m not saying it isn’t undersized but the little square cut base is only amplifying that perspective, if you’re to have a base smaller than the steed, the steed should be on its back legs fully to compensate.

It's not really the base that needs to be longer. The head being scrunched up and facing downwards to the side has it looking stubbier than it actually is. We usually see the horse facing forward and head high.

I think stylistically it looks best and more sinister with the head tilted down rather than up like the reference. Though both the base and the steed could be a little more robust to my eye.

Should i buy a deluxe or two Standard and try to find two horses and some custom saddlery?

I'm very conflicted about this.

I really like how this looks. It's a big step up from my current custom Asmus one. And I would like to have a Nazgul on steed in my collection.

But it's just so damn expensive. I feel the price is not justified, and ordering this would send InArt the message that they can get away with pricing like this. Plus I'm thinking about opportunity costs, something I usually don't do when buying something I want.

But he does look so good... Here some of my favorite shots to make this decision even harder. I'm glad we have a while to make a final decision.

View attachment 729891
View attachment 729892
View attachment 729893

View attachment 729895
I feel the same way, its very expensive for a guy in all black robes with no headsculpt/likeness...

Back