InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Nazgul 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should i buy a deluxe or two Standard and try to find two horses and some custom saddlery?
TBH - since just cruising through this thread - IMO buy the DX.

I like dioramas and buying my figs stuff. I bought Aragorn a horse. That will run you around ~200 minimum like for a Mr. Z horse.

Then there's the problem of the right kind of horse. Not every breed is out there as a 1/6, including an Andalusian which was Shadowfax.

The cost of well made tack is up there in 1/6 unless you plan to make your own. That's not "normal" tack either; not with all the straps, rings, etc. Save yourself the pain and get the Deluxe.

I can confirm that we are being ripped off. I can also confirm that I have already ordered this, and Legolas.
I mean even $300 for figures seems like a ripoff sometimes. I've seen non-collectors try to guess they price of 1/6 figures and they usually estimate it at like $50 :lol .

Honestly I'd love to see a breakdown of production costs for a 1/6 figure. I wanna know how much profit they are making per figure. But I guess we will never really get insight into that.

The average Joe out there, who views these figures, would likely guess $150 to be nice... and think if it was any more, you'd have to be insane to buy one, let alone many.

I had a friend and her husband over for dinner once, and they demanded to see my collection, and when I showed them, the husband snickered and said: "you're one of those guys"...

People on this board must not have any 'regular people' friends if they think this hobby is normal and/or there is actual value in these dolls over long term. This is an OCD/impulse hobby. If you weren't collecting these, you'd be collecting something else... and most probably have in the past already.

The average Joe out there, who views these figures, would likely guess $150 to be nice... and think if it was any more, you'd have to be insane to buy one, let alone many.

I had a friend and her husband over for dinner once, and they demanded to see my collection, and when I showed them, the husband snickered and said: "you're one of those guys"...

People on this board must not have any 'regular people' friends if they think this hobby is normal and/or there is actual value in these dolls over long term. This is an OCD/impulse hobby. If you weren't collecting these, you'd be collecting something else... and most probably have in the past already.
If I wasn't collecting these, I would probably have a my own supersonic aircraft shuttling me between my beach house, and my castle on the other side of the world.

Back