Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was brought up in another thread which made me laugh. Even more troubling than Rhodey's knowledge of the Mark suit was the question of how did he take the Mark II from the wallmount, disassemble it to get it into the bot parts, since they work like an assembly line doing one part and piece at a time, to then suit up and get upstairs in a matter of minutes. They showed the bots suiting him up before he went upstairs...

Guess you just toss it to accepted illogical occurrances. :lol

Ha! That's a good point.

Am i the only one that actually felt sorry for vanko, to me he just seemed confused as hell and didnt know what he wanted.

and his bird. He wanted his bird.

Mickey-Rourke-IronMan2-600x400.jpg

Bad for Ivan? No.

Bad for his father? Yes, he was the one who lost everything because of Stark, and his name was then further disgraced by Ivan. As Stark said, Ivan could have sold his tech and made millions, restored his father's name.

Dammit Mike, in the two minutes it took me to catch up this thread and post "and his bird" you beat me to it. But that's okay, your post had a picture so it was better.

Man I wish I could post the Vanko scream to the post above.

Here is a Blog about deleted scenes, I know some where posted but some here are new:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Here is a Blog about deleted scenes, I know some where posted but some here are new:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I read the book as well. Gavok does a great job describing the differences between book and film. The only thing I would add is Tony's drinking problem is more obvious in the book v the movie.

Quoted for further discussion. I agree with most of his points, except for when the author lists an actor's name instead of the character he or she plays.

IM2 does indeed feel unnecessary. I also want to add that the scale feels small and the stakes weren't high enough. I appreciate it when a superhero tackles personal and filial conflicts, but not when it becomes the entire focus of a film. Tony is the root of all the conflict in this film, he created his own opposition.

I've been poring over what I truly disliked about IM2 for the last few days, and that list really cemented exactly what and why: TONY STARK.

Bad for Ivan? No.

Bad for his father? Yes, he was the one who lost everything because of Stark, and his name was then further disgraced by Ivan. As Stark said, Ivan could have sold his tech and made millions, restored his father's name.

Old man Vanko didn't lose everything because of Papa Stark. He lost everything because he was caught spying for Mother Russia.

Rallis sums up Ironman 2 nicely:)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/BM-A51vDfww&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/BM-A51vDfww&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Spoiler Spoiler:

That, would have been a much better movie and story IMHO.

Back