Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just feel bad for people who don't enjoy a movie, its supposed to be fun, what kind of a serious idiot is going "hmm, take note that this isn't realistic enough."

Congrats you completely missed the point of going to the movies. You want serious? Get a job.

I can't imagine what you do have fun doing in life, must not be much. "Excuse me sweetheart, the sex is great, but realisticly no one screams that loud..." :cuckoo:

Everyone thinks they have to be Roger Ebert because they have people who they can twitter to like an audience or something, so they just look for what can possibly be wrong. You have no job when you goto the movies, its called entertainment for a reason.

I agree that it didn't need to be spelled out, but one line about Rhodey spending a couple hours in the suit could've cleared up the point completely.

He briefly explained during the Senate hearing that he had been studying the Iron Man technology for awhile...hence the report.

You are telling me that a rich boy who likes MMA is better skilled in hand to hand than an Air Force officer? Really?

I can tell you do NOT know many Air Force officers.:rotfl

I love how we can accept a guy in a cave building a super powered suit of armor that can fly, but not other things in the movie...

I just feel bad for people who don't enjoy a movie, its supposed to be fun, what kind of a serious idiot is going "hmm, take note that this isn't realistic enough."

Congrats you completely missed the point of going to the movies. You want serious? Get a job.

I can't imagine what you do have fun doing in life, must not be much. "Excuse me sweetheart, the sex is great, but realisticly no one screams that loud..." :cuckoo:

Everyone thinks they have to be Roger Ebert because they have people who they can twitter to like an audience or something, so they just look for what can possibly be wrong. You have no job when you goto the movies, its called entertainment for a reason.

There there Deckard. just get it all out. do you need Queen to rock you on my lap while you purge all the positive reviews out your system.

Soon you'll be in ROTF land......Spider-man3 world......Superman Returns........& a whole cashé of "lets make another one just because our fan demographic are all tools that will give us a thumbs up for any old slop flick".

yup......you just let is all out buddy.

Rhodey's ability to use the suit didn't need to be shown. He's been working with Tony for how long now? And working on an Iron Man report for the government. So it doesn't take a stretch here to see that he learned how to use one of the suits.

Every single thing doesn't have to be spelled out. And just because it's NOT spelled out, does not mean it is a plot hole.

Never said it was a plot hole i just didnt understand but now i know.

Everyone thinks they have to be Roger Ebert because they have people who they can twitter to like an audience or something, so they just look for what can possibly be wrong. You have no job when you goto the movies, its called entertainment for a reason

:goodpost:

I like my movies to have a degree of realism or truth within the reality they create, but the way people pick this stuff apart just deminishes the experience.

There there Deckard. just get it all out. do you need Queen to rock you on my lap while you purge all the positive reviews out your system.

Soon you'll be in ROTF land......Spider-man3 world......Superman Returns........& a whole cashé of "lets make another one just because our fan demographic are all tools that will give us a thumbs up for any old slop flick".

yup......you just let is all out buddy.

:gah: What's your deal?

:gah: What's your deal?

He has no friends in the real world so he spends all his waking hours in a thread for a movie he didn't like looking for attention the only way he knows how, by creating animosity. Probably because he goes around giving speeches about whats wrong with everything and no one wants to be around a miserable, undereducated imbecile.

If you don't like a movie, say so and move on, everytime you come back into this thread it just shows how sad you are and how you have nothing else to do like spend time talking about things you do enjoy. You can try and say whatever you want queen but we all know what your deal is. I just feel bad for him.

He has no friends in the real world so he spends all his waking hours in a thread for a movie he didn't like looking for attention the only way he knows how, by creating animosity. Probably because he goes around giving speeches about whats wrong with everything and no one wants to be around a miserable, undereducated imbecile.

I think you just defined "troll." :hi5:

Of course Rhodey can fly the suit......heck...he even has the code to Stark's basement door.....Rhodey is the man yo!

Allow me to present Exhibit A as evidence to my theory.

I was given the key to my friends house.......

Don't think for one second that I don't have access to his booze and gun cabinet......

I sure do and I mix those 2 properties all the time.

I have access = I use what I have access too.

I always clean my Rem 870 while enjoying some Brasilian Caipirinhas.....

But forget all that crap........still bugs me that WL took a triple hit from a Bent!

Ahhh...who cares.....movie was awesome.

Last edited:
I really don't find it that unlikely that Rhodey would have gotten to play around in the suit. If I were Tony's best friend I would totally expect him to let me play with his coolest toy some. Yeah, a line a dialog would have cleared it up, but I don't think its asking that much for the writers to expect us to figure it out on our own. Do we really need to see or hear it for it to have happened?

If you don't like a movie, say so and move on, everytime you come back into this thread it just shows how sad you are and how you have nothing else to do like spend time talking about things you do enjoy. You can try and say whatever you want queen but we all know what your deal is. I just feel bad for him.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::exactly:
:lecture:lecture

Save it i have been trying to tell people the same thing but it doesnt matter to them.

I thought the biggest indication that Rhodes has used the suit before is that it works without Tony's chest reactor. Isn't that what powers the suits? If Rhodes can wear the Mark 2 at all it seems to imply that Tony customized it for him.
I haven't read through the whole thread and I'm no IM expert, just my 2 cents.

But sometimes movies just suck ass.....it's not black and white. Just because a movie SHOULD be fun, doesnt mean it IS fun. See Ghost Rider, X3, Wolverine, ANOES remake, AvP-R...ect.

Well I just got back from Seeing IRON-Man 2, It was just great, i was readin around on the boards and the mixed reviews made me nervous. But the film was great. An awesome Comic book movie. The ending battle was pretty awesome. War Machine an Iron Man kicking ass is legendary. I Hope He is portrayed good in Avengers also. Great movie!!!!!

:exactly: You hit the nail square on the head. It's very sad & pathetic. :goodpost:

But sometimes movies just suck ass.....it's not black and white. Just because a movie SHOULD be fun, doesnt mean it IS fun. See Ghost Rider, X3, Wolverine, ANOES remake, AvP-R...ect.

Then say you don't like it and move the ____ on with your life.

Don't spend the next 3 weeks deconstructing every aspect of what could have been and build up some BS idea in your brain thats not reality.

Instead, go outside and let a girl touch your junk.

Back