Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick Fury tells Tony that Anton Vanko is the other side of the coin for the Arc Reactor and when Howard found out that he wanted to make money off of it, he had him deported. Essentially since Vanko already defected from Russia, getting sent back would surely mean that his life would be made a living hell and he was sent to Siberia for a while where he bred hated for the Stark family. Now the line isn't clear so either Vanko wanted to make money off of it and Howard deported him because he had better intentions since he wasn't to start an energy race to rival Nuclear reactors or Howard wanted to make money off of it so he got rid of the competition. Since Howard already says to Tony in his video that he didn't have the technology to complete it fully its really left unclear what the situation was.

Its hilarious that it wasn't okay for Vanko to make money on it but it was okay for Stark to make Billions on sales of weapons.:rotfl

Just got back from my 2nd viewing, enjoyed it even more this time, easy 9/10 for me. I think I like it more then Part 1.

Thats not Thor getting booked, its the guy that ends up in the cell with Rourke for the ol' switcharoo.

Definately want a HT Whiplash Mk.2, it differs from the drone pretty greatly, he's got a sort of iron kilt, and I caught how he can reel in the whips this time, really dug that. The end battle still feels fine and long enough to me. Why didn't Scarlett reboot the drones? They were all communicating in seperate languages, only War Machine was on a Russian circuit.

It felt like all the action was easier to digest and alot more scenes became alot more clear to me this time around.

You guys complaining didn't watch hard enough, Rhodes definately struggles with the suit, he misses Tony with the weights he throws from like 2 feet away, he's slow to pick things up, he stumbles walking, he's no where near as smooth with recovery's as Tony is, and he wobbles everywhere when he trys to hover.

The only thing I concede about the party fight is Rhode's reboot is too fast. Tony's suit is more advanced yet takes longer to reboot after the emp burst, where as Rhodes is already on his feet and ready to leave.

Cheadle's performance also grew on me, I still think he plays him perfectly, not too emotional, strong military type, but still does care about Tony, he's just sick of the antics and getting chewed out. Terrance Howard, if it was about money coming back, I hope you learned to keep your mouth shut from now on.

Last edited:
Just got back from my 2nd viewing, enjoyed it even more this time, easy 9/10 for me. I think I like it more then Part 1.

Thats not Thor getting booked, its the guy that ends up in the cell with Rourke for the ol' switcharoo.

Definately want a HT Whiplash Mk.2, it differs from the drone pretty greatly, he's got a sort of iron kilt, and I caught how he can reel in the whips this time, really dug that. The end battle still feels fine and long enough to me. Why didn't Scarlett reboot the drones? They were all communicating in seperate languages, only War Machine was on a Russian circuit.

It felt like all the action was easier to digest and alot more scenes became alot more clear to me this time around.

You guys complaining didn't watch hard enough, Rhodes definately struggles with the suit, he misses Tony with the weights he throws from like 2 feet away, he's slow to pick things up, he stumbles walking, he's no where near as smooth with recovery's as Tony is, and he wobbles everywhere when he trys to hover.

The only thing I concede about the party fight is Rhode's reboot is too fast. Tony's suit is more advanced yet takes longer to reboot after the emp burst, where as Rhodes is already on his feet and ready to leave.

Cheadle's performance also grew on me, I still think he plays him perfectly, not too emotional, strong military type, but still does care about Tony, he's just sick of the antics and getting chewed out. Terrance Howard, if it was about money coming back, I hope you learned to keep your mouth shut from now on.

I agree.......well said

But there is a large group who see complete opposite of what you and I are seeing :lol

:dunno

AAmanBlindCane2.jpg

I don't think it's a terrible movie, I just think it wasn't on par with the first. I would think most people who weren't "fanboys" could concede it is hard for a sequel to live up to the original, and this was not an exception. It had hype and IM1 going against it. That being said, it was a fun ride.

What are you talking about , the guy got ran over by a car and beat within four minutes by the mark v ,then he kicked the crap outta the iron man and war machine but got beat since they did that dbz type thing. Dude you never agree with me so why bother replying.

Why do you take things so goddamn personally. Do we have to do this again? If you, or anyone says something I dont agree with, I will comment on it.

Whiplash wasnt no _____.

I don't think it's a terrible movie, I just think it wasn't on par with the first. I would think most people who weren't "fanboys" could concede it is hard for a sequel to live up to the original, and this was not an exception. It had hype and IM1 going against it. That being said, it was a fun ride.

Screw IM2, holy crap would you have the link to the entire video from your avatar :lol

:google:google:google

Disregard...found it :lol

Some sequels are considered superior to the original like God Father 2, Spidey 2 and Xmen 2 for example.

I think it was done more for dramatic effect.

Some sequels are considered superior to the original like God Father 2, Spidey 2 and Xmen 2 for example.

Very few, hence why I said it was hard but not impossible. I am going to add The Dark Knight to that list but this can be debated, obviously. I personally prefer The Godfather Part 2 to Part 1 but many people would disagree. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who preferred Iron Man 2 to Iron Man 1.

I think Spider-Man 1 was better....but thats just IMO.

While I enjoy both, for my desert island trip I would have to bring el Spiderman numero uno with me......

Sorry Doc Ock!

Same desert island......IM2 or Spidey 2?

Doc Ock looses again.....I would take IM2 over Spidey 2 with me.

Same desert island......IM1 or IM2?

Crap........Screw that stupid island....I'm not going back!

I wouldn't want to split up IM1 and IM2....I enjoy both way too much.....:hi5:

Last edited:
WHAT??? Attack of the Clones is one of the worst movies ever made in the history of cinema. It's just terrible ALL around. Nothing, not one thing in that movie is good. Pure trash.

While I did enjoy both IM movies the first was better IMO. And both movies had battle sequences which were inferior to those in SM2. Actually SM2 had more better battle sequences than both IM movies which seemed rushed.

Well, I find SOME good things in both TPM, and ROTS...not enough to enjoy them....

I cant find a single good moment in AOTC,.

Back