Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this today with my son, I thought it was Ok at best. Kinda disappointed actually...they didn't develop Whiplash enough, as they didn't use Mickey Rourke properly in my opinion. And, Don Cheadle was brutal.

Robert Downey was good as Tony Stark. But, I felt like I was waiting for the movie to pick up, the last battle scene was a letdown.

I give it a 6/10 or 2 1/2 stars (out of 4). Two best parts were: Thor's hammer after the credits, and obviously Scarlett Johannson.

I'm not against bad reviews, it's a movie afterall, not the cure for cancer.

In other words, i'm not a protectionist, if a Marvel movie deserves to be destroyed, so be it.

I'm just curious because I must be bad at judging actors.

Like, what made Cheadle "brutal"?

Brutal compared to what?

Saw this today with my son, I thought it was Ok at best. Kinda disappointed actually...they didn't develop Whiplash enough, as they didn't use Mickey Rourke properly in my opinion. And, Don Cheadle was brutal.

Robert Downey was good as Tony Stark. But, I felt like I was waiting for the movie to pick up, the last battle scene was a letdown.

Don't get me wrong I quite enjoyed it but there was a lot of parts that wasn't keeping me intrigued like the first film.

I don't know why but Iron Man 2 makes me think of The Dark Knight version of Iron Man. Just lacking the quality. Near the end it was too dark visually.

The fight scenes felt as if they were too easy, too quick. However I enjoyed the feeling of all the people seeing Iron Man flying all over the place after he said let's take it outside.

Maybe I'll enjoy it more once it's on DVD but something about the second film just didn't feel right compared to the first. Gwyneth Paltrow was really really hot in the second film though! My god was she hot!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228705/board/nest/162691042

I was able to get a cleaner pause on my bootleg :lol

I say that's Thor simply because there is no other reason to have spent money to include this scene in the movie.

I agree. While I couldn't make out the guy in either of the 2 viewings, based on everyone swearing it was a bearded dude in the background...why else would he be put in the background just out of the scenes??

toilet.jpg
?

:lol

:rotfl

Saw this again last night and still loved it.

I just don't have a problem with Cheadle. I think he did a fine job. I like the diologue between all the characters and Rourke did a great job. I agree that more of Whiplash would have been good but what was done was done well.

Rockwell still cracks me up in this. Love his character. Especially the weapons showing with Rhodey and the back and forth with Stark in Monaco.

Just a fun, fun movie IMHO.

^^^^ I agree. More Whiplash would've been great, but I kept feeling they were trying to set up Hammer as a long run anti-Stark personality. I"m not 100% familiar with Justin Hammer, but I thought he was much older in the comic (obviously changed for the movies), and he was more of a corporate threat for Stark than an actual bad guy.

And he wasn't that great of a bad guy. He's too incompetent to be a threat without someone smarter backing him up. Without whiplash Hammer would have just been more annoying than he already is. That's probably my biggest complaint about the movie.

Finally saw it last night, Loved it!!! and can't wait to see it again....but the first one was better :D

I just wonder if the bad guys that have survived so far, The Leader, Abomination, and Hammer, might play a part in the Avengers movie. Also Doc Samson (Ty Burrell) was in the Incredible Hulk, I wonder if he will return? Probably played by a different actor if he does.

I just wonder if the bad guys that have survived so far, The Leader, Abomination, and Hammer, might play a part in the Avengers movie. Also Doc Samson (Ty Burrell) was in the Incredible Hulk, I wonder if he will return? Probably played by a different actor if he does.

I doubt it. There's been leaks that it will be the Super Skrull and Hulk.

In other words, they are following The Ultimates.

Only proof so far though is that they went with Sam Jackson as Fury.

Who is the Leader?

I don't really see Super Skrull being a great villain for the Avengers.

I'm not against bad reviews, it's a movie afterall, not the cure for cancer.

In other words, i'm not a protectionist, if a Marvel movie deserves to be destroyed, so be it.

I'm just curious because I must be bad at judging actors.

Like, what made Cheadle "brutal"?

Brutal compared to what?

I'm not saying I'm the big movie critic, and I'm not saying movies should be the best thing since swiss cheese either (cure for cancer reference). My point is I spent $8.50 for a matinee ticket, so I have a right to my opinion.

Cheadle was brutal because he was so boring, and everytime he was on screen I couldn't wait for him to be off of it. Howard was much better at the role.

Was it as horrible as Ghost Rider? Of course not.

It was Ok, like I said I gave it a 6/10. I just think the first one is much better. Which I gave a 7.5 - 8/10

Gotta agree with Agent on Cheadle. He seemed to have the same tone whether he was fighting in the WM suit or just casually talking. Really lacked emotion IMO.

Back