Statue [Iron Studios] Iron Man Mark XLII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1461154_499801093450692_109964603_n.jpg

this one, shown better painting on the side body.. is it?
But chest is terrible

the paint is good from far, but when you get close, you see that it's not good

I'm trying not to draw early conclusions on this statue but everything I have seen thus far is not going in the right direction. If Iron Studios doesn't step up and fix this problem the for sale sign will be going up very soon. I can't see the license staying alive very long with this company if the first release is a complete bomb. This will indefinitely effect future sales for the company and first impressions are long lasting. Hopefully what has been shown thus far is the extreme and they are all not painted this poorly

I'm trying not to draw early conclusions on this statue but everything I have seen thus far is not going in the right direction. If Iron Studios doesn't step up and fix this problem the for sale sign will be going up very soon. I can't see the license staying alive very long with this company if the first release is a complete bomb. This will indefinitely effect future sales for the company and first impressions are long lasting. Hopefully what has been shown thus far is the extreme and they are all not painted this poorly

:goodpost:

Ricardo will have these in hand this week so the wait is almost over. I'm hoping we've seen pics of a few bad apples as I'd be shocked if the entire line were done poorly as the company's first release.

Last edited:
THis is the official video from Iron Studios with a production piece:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=260716064082508&set=vb.492450394100034&type=2&theater

I will probably be getting my pieces on wednesday. I have a friend who also owns a store and He has received his pieces already. I will try to pass by his store and take some pictures.

Strange how the yellow and red colours are so very different from the prototype. The colours appear to be more vibrant on the production piece :dunno

I really liked the proto. I didn't order b/c I was afraid of the outcome. I have a difficult enough time ordering through SS paying their prices and having the option to return it as a guarantee. This was just not a good idea for me in terms of % of good possible outcomes. I hope though that you guys who have this on order get something worthwhile here. yikes!

I won't even be that bothered by a little sloppy paint work if it isn't somewhere noticeable like the helmet or chest.

I'm hoping to see the gold paint in the production pieces is similar to what we saw in the proto.

Last edited:
in particular it is ready for sale ?we are waiting ricardo to send us and end of week and wait to receive it.will be terrible that those picks?or like prototype?iron studios inform us about that?

Hi guys

I am uploading the pictures while I type this.

Here are my honest impressions:

1- Overall statue 8.5/10
2- Scuplture 9/10
3- Painting 7/10
4- Base 10/10
5- Light up function 10/10

I opened and inspected 2 statues at my friends store. Both had a few issues with the black lines like you can see in the pictures. So you are not gonna get anything different than what you see in the pictures. So if you want a refund I will gladly do it but I will hold on the $40 non refundable deposit as I am already screwed if you all ask for refund as I paid for all 50 statues and Iron Studios already said they are no recalling it. This is what you going to get.
Rest in piece that I will not send you a piece as bad as the one Caderas posted here. That one needs a replacement for sure. As I said before I have no problems taking pictures of your own piece and edition number before shipping it to you. I will be receiving all 50 pieces on wednesday.

Pictures coming in a few moments.

Last edited:
Well, for all I've seen, the main problem, that affects almost every piece, looks to be the black lines in the silver parts... and the silver painting itself. The yellow and red parts are good, not excellent, but still acceptable. They are brighter than the prototype, but that doesn't make it worse.

Buuuut, every international customer must realize this: Iron Studios probably won't have a return policy to deliver a new statue free of flaws. And even if they develop such policy, the replacement will still be here in Brazil, which means that more costs will be involved (shipping, taxes etc).

Therefore, my advice is: take your time to calmly check every single picture available, and then make your choice knowing that once it arrives to you, it's probably definitive.

My personal opinion? It's still a good statue, afterall most of us will put in on display and look from a distance. Iron Man fans should take it. But if the closer details bother you, keep your distance. At this price range, we expect something near perfection. Unfortunately, even Sideshow isn't delivering what we want lately - we can't expect a rookie brazilian company to do so.

Hope that helps those in doubt.

Back