JazzInc - Iron Scavenger Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a weight listed on the site under Additional Information, but as it's 10kg (22 lbs!) I'm pretty sure it's an error. It's the same weight and dimensions as is listed for their BvS Batmobile, so I think it was just left there by accident when they created the listing. As indicated in their original FB post, the plan is to make it as close to the HT prototype as possible, so I'm assuming that the wings will be plastic, not diecast. I'd ballpark the weight to be roughly twice that of the HT Falcon, as its wingspan is twice as big. Sideshow estimated the Falcon package weight at 5 lbs., so my guess would be 10 lbs. max for the Iron Scavenger.

Appreciate the information. I dont have FB. Wow, 10lbs?! Holy cow! I think I'm in. Has anyone else committed? Is this getting made 100% regardless of backers?

I was directed to this thread. Thanks for the inquiries everyone. I will try to answer all questions. If you want references, please join our closed facebook group. With 1400 members, you can get all the references you need. You can also find us on ebay (jazzincdioramas) with 100% positive feedback and our site www.jazzincdioramas.com to see what we've been able to do in the past. Finally, you can find us on youtube, not just with product videos, but also behind the scenes updates and tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHlUBp9Cpl12CIlg5dVvwQw/videos

Now for the exciting part. For those who have followed our work for the past few years, you know we can do a lot of design, prototyping and production, but for this beast, with articulation and all that, I am very pleased to say I signed a contract yesterday with a 3d modeller and toy designer who used to work at Mattel and has a ton of experience with transformer toys (talk about articulation), to help me with this, so I am extra excited for this project.

I'll try to keep tabs on this and if you have any questions, just email me at [email protected]

Appreciate the information. I dont have FB. Wow, 10lbs?! Holy cow! I think I'm in. Has anyone else committed? Is this getting made 100% regardless of backers?

Yes we are going ahead. From our closed facebook group alone, we had plenty of pre-orders to make the minimum requirement and I want this one myself! So we're doing this!

Jazzinc has payment plans. If I did a payment plan on his website with paypal, will it take the money from my paypal account each month or do you get an invoice each month and have to go in and pay it.

We cannot automatically deduct money from your account, so if you start a payment plan, you will get monthly invoice emails you can pay

Does anyone know the weight of this figure and/or if Joost plans on using diecast for the wings? I want this guy, but I need to make sure he won't crack my glass shelves.

The wings need to be as light as possible so die cast is out. We want it to be supported by a dynamic flight stand so weight reduction is the name of the game. We will use resin for the wings most likely

There's a weight listed on the site under Additional Information, but as it's 10kg (22 lbs!) I'm pretty sure it's an error. It's the same weight and dimensions as is listed for their BvS Batmobile, so I think it was just left there by accident when they created the listing. As indicated in their original FB post, the plan is to make it as close to the HT prototype as possible, so I'm assuming that the wings will be plastic, not diecast. I'd ballpark the weight to be roughly twice that of the HT Falcon, as its wingspan is twice as big. Sideshow estimated the Falcon package weight at 5 lbs., so my guess would be 10 lbs. max for the Iron Scavenger.

Good catch, I updated that on the site, but 10lbs will be a very realistic guess. Weight adds up fast

Very interested in this just crazy it costs more than the Landspeeder. Wasn't expecting that.

I was directed to this thread. Thanks for the inquiries everyone. I will try to answer all questions. If you want references, please join our closed facebook group. With 1400 members, you can get all the references you need. You can also find us on ebay (jazzincdioramas) with 100% positive feedback and our site www.jazzincdioramas.com to see what we've been able to do in the past. Finally, you can find us on youtube, not just with product videos, but also behind the scenes updates and tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHlUBp9Cpl12CIlg5dVvwQw/videos

Now for the exciting part. For those who have followed our work for the past few years, you know we can do a lot of design, prototyping and production, but for this beast, with articulation and all that, I am very pleased to say I signed a contract yesterday with a 3d modeller and toy designer who used to work at Mattel and has a ton of experience with transformer toys (talk about articulation), to help me with this, so I am extra excited for this project.

I'll try to keep tabs on this and if you have any questions, just email me at [email protected]

Yes we are going ahead. From our closed facebook group alone, we had plenty of pre-orders to make the minimum requirement and I want this one myself! So we're doing this!

We cannot automatically deduct money from your account, so if you start a payment plan, you will get monthly invoice emails you can pay

The wings need to be as light as possible so die cast is out. We want it to be supported by a dynamic flight stand so weight reduction is the name of the game. We will use resin for the wings most likely

Good catch, I updated that on the site, but 10lbs will be a very realistic guess. Weight adds up fast

Ill back this one up!! I have an order for the BvS Batmobile already but I am interested in this one as well!

Ill back this one up!! I have an order for the BvS Batmobile already but I am interested in this one as well!
Thanks man!!

Very interested in this just crazy it costs more than the Landspeeder. Wasn't expecting that.
Yeah, I got burned on that land speeder. Turned out to be more expensive, so I'm hoping to break even on that, and this one, with a wing span of almost twice the landspeeder, moving parts and clothes and a dynamic flight stand is going to cost more. Also the edition size is looking to be a lot lower than the landspeeder. Hope that clears it up

Thanks man!!

Yeah, I got burned on that land speeder. Turned out to be more expensive, so I'm hoping to break even on that, and this one, with a wing span of almost twice the landspeeder, moving parts and clothes and a dynamic flight stand is going to cost more. Also the edition size is looking to be a lot lower than the landspeeder. Hope that clears it up

Thanks man!!

Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't a slight just was surprised. Hopefully I can swing it.

I think the price seems very reasonable for the size and articulated parts. In fact, I'm hoping Jazzinc has enough preorders locked in so that he doesn't get burned.

This figure will be a beast, and the centerpiece to any Spider-Man collection... probably the centerpiece to most Marvel collections. Certainly it will be THE attention-grabber on your shelf... or hanging from the ceiling.

I want in on this so bad... but I'm a little over-extended on custom projects right now... if this was up and ready right now I know I'd buy it, but the year-long wait (even if better than most HT figs) always gives me pause... decisions, decisions...

I think the price seems very reasonable for the size and articulated parts. In fact, I'm hoping Jazzinc has enough preorders locked in so that he doesn't get burned.

This figure will be a beast, and the centerpiece to any Spider-Man collection... probably the centerpiece to most Marvel collections. Certainly it will be THE attention-grabber on your shelf... or hanging from the ceiling.

I want in on this so bad... but I'm a little over-extended on custom projects right now... if this was up and ready right now I know I'd buy it, but the year-long wait (even if better than most HT figs) always gives me pause... decisions, decisions...

giphy.gif

:rotfl :rotfl

Man, hearing Joost speak about this gets me so excited about this project.

Yes, same here. I was also glad to hear he's now collaborating with Black Ops Toys for the body & clothing, as they have experience dealing with suppliers of those items. Figuring out that sourcing was an open issue 2 weeks ago, so nice to see that shouldn't be a problem going forward.

Man, hearing Joost speak about this gets me so excited about this project.

Yeah his enthusiasm is great. He seems to really have some good contacts now. He kept saying that he couldn't reveal who the guy is that is helping him out with the Vulture body, but I swear the guy must work at HT or another figure company.

I don't know if you listened to the whole thing, but he spoke at the end that he's planning to make Rey's speeder. He said they made a 1/6 scale prop for the movie and someone is getting him that copy to make the speeder, so it'll be a mold of the actual thing. Crazy.

Yeah his enthusiasm is great. He seems to really have some good contacts now. He kept saying that he couldn't reveal who the guy is that is helping him out with the Vulture body, but I swear the guy must work at HT or another figure company.

I don't know if you listened to the whole thing, but he spoke at the end that he's planning to make Rey's speeder. He said they made a 1/6 scale prop for the movie and someone is getting him that copy to make the speeder, so it'll be a mold of the actual thing. Crazy.

In his post in this thread a few pages back Joost mentioned working with a guy who was a 3D designer/modeler who was at Mattel and has experience designing Transformer toys. I assumed he was referring to the same guy, so maybe he just didn't want to get too specific on YouTube for privacy considerations? But then that was in reference to the wing design/articulation; Are you referring specifically to the body of the figure? If so I missed that.

In his post in this thread a few pages back Joost mentioned working with a guy who was a 3D designer/modeler who was at Mattel and has experience designing Transformer toys. I assumed he was referring to the same guy, so maybe he just didn't want to get too specific on YouTube for privacy considerations? But then that was in reference to the wing design/articulation; Are you referring specifically to the body of the figure? If so I missed that.

Maybe I missed it or was confused, I thought it was for the body, but maybe you're right.

Maybe I missed it or was confused, I thought it was for the body, but maybe you're right.

He also mentioned collaborating with Brian from BlackOpsToys on the body & outfit, so maybe you got the two mixed up? Regardless, he seems enthused about what each brings to the project, so that in turn is fueling my optimism. :lol

Back