JazzInc - Iron Scavenger Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He also mentioned collaborating with Brian from BlackOpsToys on the body & outfit, so maybe you got the two mixed up? Regardless, he seems enthused about what each brings to the project, so that in turn is fueling my optimism. :lol

Thanks so much for all the kind feedback on the interview guys, I’m smiling reading this! No, I am actually talking about two different people, but the second guy really asked to remain anonymous because he does a lot of business with large companies, so it was really a big get for us to work together with these two on this project.

I want to preorder... and I'm eager for Joost to get a little better understanding of what this figure will actually be. Will the wings have the necessary articulation? Will the uniform be accurate? Will the eyes light up? Will the claws be poseable?

I watch with eager anticipation.

I want to preorder... and I'm eager for Joost to get a little better understanding of what this figure will actually be. Will the wings have the necessary articulation? Will the uniform be accurate? Will the eyes light up? Will the claws be poseable?

I watch with eager anticipation.

tenor.gif

:wink1:

One of the worst cinematic cheats ever. Spielberg should be ashamed. I mean, that trick only works from the 'audience' POV... Indy should have seen the bridge plain as day from his vantage point. Silly, silly Last Crusade. One of the countless dumb things in that movie.

Not that that has anything to do with Vulture. :lol

One of the worst cinematic cheats ever. Spielberg should be ashamed. I mean, that trick only works from the 'audience' POV... Indy should have seen the bridge plain as day from his vantage point. Silly, silly Last Crusade. One of the countless dumb things in that movie.

Not that that has anything to do with Vulture. :lol

And to think I had this one at the ready should you decide to place an order. :lol

tenor.gif

I'm not sure its "wise" to spend $500+ on a doll... but ignorance is bliss as I understand.

Once this sells out you'll wish you could get it for around $500. I agree it's a large amount of cash for something that sits on a shelf. It is going to be killer. Joost does not put out garbage. Only you can decide what is right for your collection and wallet.

I'm not sure its "wise" to spend $500+ on a doll... but ignorance is bliss as I understand.

You make a good point - a few years ago I never would have thought I'd commit that much on a single figure, especially a custom as ambitious as this one. But it's been my "grail" piece since SMH was released and financially it's not an issue, so I figure if not now, when? But as Red Wolf said, everyone's situation is different, so no judgment from my end - as if that matters. :lol

Once this sells out you'll wish you could get it for around $500.

That's for sure.

You make a good point - a few years ago I never would have thought I'd commit that much on a single figure, especially a custom as ambitious as this one. But it's been my "grail" piece since SMH was released and financially it's not an issue, so I figure if not now, when? But as Red Wolf said, everyone's situation is different, so no judgment from my end - as if that matters. :lol

No, I totally agree. You know me, I've been on the Vulture bandwagon with you from the beginning when HT made that proto! I really want this piece -- and I'm not even a huge fan of the movie, I just love the design so much.

It's a lot of money for sure, but I've spent more on a single "man-in-suit" figure so its not really the price. I think its that it has no nostalgic value to me so its harder to muster the will to spend.

But Red Wolf makes a great point above.

Also, I never did get that Sideshow Jabba for $800.... so actually I'd be ahead of the game on this one. :D

All I want to know from Joost is a little more information about the practicality of the design and what I can reasonably expect. That's all.

That's for sure.

No, I totally agree. You know me, I've been on the Vulture bandwagon with you from the beginning when HT made that proto! I really want this piece -- and I'm not even a huge fan of the movie, I just love the design so much.

It's a lot of money for sure, but I've spent more on a single "man-in-suit" figure so its not really the price. I think its that it has no nostalgic value to me so its harder to muster the will to spend.

But Red Wolf makes a great point above.

Also, I never did get that Sideshow Jabba for $800.... so actually I'd be ahead of the game on this one. :D

All I want to know from Joost is a little more information about the practicality of the design and what I can reasonably expect. That's all.

Yep, I know you and I kept this thread alive through the dark times, so I don't question your interest in the least. And based on Joost's interview I also get wanting a bit more info before committing, as some of his comments at this early stage make it sound like there's a chance we'll have to settle for slightly less detail and/or articulation compared to the HT showpiece. IDK, maybe it's the manufacturing engineer in me, but I sensed that was more him not wanting to over promise rather than him questioning he can make it happen. I just hope people don't expect to be able to display this guy in a variety of poses - that might be asking too much. I'm expecting the basic pose of the HT prototype on display - any flexibility beyond that will be gravy.

vulture.jpg

Yep, I know you and I kept this thread alive through the dark times, so I don't question your interest in the least. And based on Joost's interview I also get wanting a bit more info before committing, as some of his comments at this early stage make it sound like there's a chance we'll have to settle for slightly less detail and/or articulation compared to the HT showpiece. IDK, maybe it's the manufacturing engineer in me, but I sensed that was more him not wanting to over promise rather than him questioning he can make it happen. I just hope people don't expect to be able to display this guy in a variety of poses - that might be asking too much. I'm expecting the basic pose of the HT prototype on display - any flexibility beyond that will be gravy.

View attachment 467123

Here's what I'd like to see:

I definitely want the rotors to be poseable. I would also like the wings to bend forward or backward somewhat for posing. The finger-feather blade things at the end would be great if they could close or open but not necessary. Also definitely want the figure itself (Keaton) to be poseable in the rig once attached to the wings. And I really need those foot claws to be poseable.

I don't see how he'll get a dynamic stand to work without three points to the ground, which will look weird. Maybe a fixed clear rod (or two) is the sturdiest solution.

Definitely want the light-up eyes -- despite the fact I'd rarely use it. But painted green eyes, even with highly reflective paint, just isn't the same.

I definitely want the rotors to be poseable. I would also like the wings to bend forward or backward somewhat for posing. The finger-feather blade things at the end would be great if they could close or open but not necessary. Also definitely want the figure itself (Keaton) to be poseable in the rig once attached to the wings. And I really need those foot claws to be poseable.

I don't see how he'll get a dynamic stand to work without three points to the ground, which will look weird. Maybe a fixed clear rod (or two) is the sturdiest solution.

Definitely want the light-up eyes -- despite the fact I'd rarely use it. But painted green eyes, even with highly reflective paint, just isn't the same.

Agreed, being able to tilt the rotors and fold the wings would allow for some varied poses and enhance the "wow' factor of this thing. Hopefully Joost can put in two pivot points (hinges) per wing - one near the body and one adjacent to the rotor. Of course if he does, the dynamic stand/supports will also need to be designed to accommodate their movement. I don't see the feather blade articulation happening (the HT Vulture didn't have it), but not a concern for me either.

I'm guessing the exoskeleton articulation (including the foot claws) will be dependent on the material used. As its components will be thinner/smaller than the wings, I could see it ending up a different material for durability/flexibility reasons. But I hope Joost tries to accommodate bending knees, elbows and ankles, as well as some pivoting of the shoulders.

I also want the green light-up eyes, as that was such a cool/menacing look in the movie. Joost seems to really want them as well, so hopefully he can make them happen.

That is a good list of wants. I would definitely also be concerned about the articulation points being tight or this heavy/wide/unwieldy thing will be flopping around like the Sideshow Jawas. Anyway, it's a pretty ambitious project and props to Joost for taking it on. I'm still a bit surprised HT canned this considering their obsession with Spiderman and their past experience making the Falcon figures.

HT must have decided that size, weight and price for something like this was just too unwieldy -- and put this into the "too complicated" category with an unproven success rate for villains. HT fear: too much work for too little sales.

Besides, Howard has the proto, so there's no one driving this through like Joost who just wants one for himself.

Joost being a fellow collector is probably the biggest factor in our favor for getting the majority of our "wish list"; He likely wants all the same features on the one he'll be displaying, so he's motivated to overcome any potential roadblocks.

I hope Joost will come here and give us the scoop once he has a better idea about the project and what he believes he will be able to accomplish. I don't follow FB and would hate to miss an opportunity at getting onboard this project.

Back