JazzInc - Iron Scavenger Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suspended is the way to go no matter what. He'd just look so cool high above the display, legs bent, claws out, wings curved like he just lifted of...

I'm even more excited about this project now.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree. I discarded that other option about 5 seconds after posting it. :lol

This update has me excited as well. These days it's refreshing to have something to look forward to, even if relatively speaking it's quite insignificant.

It's still looking sweet. It sounds like the first prototype isn't too far off (for the wings and exo-skeleton parts, I'm assuming). Hopefully at that point Joost will be able to demonstrate the extent of the planned wing articulation. I'm guessing what he'll show us will be unpainted, but maybe he'll surprise us.

BTW, a while back I mentioned to him that it might be nice to add a few accessories down the road, like the weapon he used during the ferry battle. He mentioned that if there was enough interest in the community he'd consider it.

spider-man-homecoming-5845x3288-vulture-2017-4k-8365.jpg

I love what Joost is doing with the Scavenger but man, that 45" wingspan would still be a challenge to accommodate (and I don't even store my MCU gang in a DETOLF). Additionally, who the hell downvoted that video?

This thing looks to be coming along great! I had always admired the project but thought I wouldn’t buy one but I think I may buy this when it is available ...only issue will be having space to display him.

Wow, they have to individually print each of the rotors due to complexity. That's one impressive commitment to detail.

Those things are fragile. Even in the video you can see one blade is broken.

Yes, I saw that. I'm a novice when it comes to 3D printing, but I'm guessing Joost may have used a cheaper filament material for those initial prototypes rotors. I know some materials are more flexible/pliable than others, so hopefully the final version will be more robust.

If we wanted to print replacement rotors ourselves I think Joost would provide us with the file for the rotor design along with what filament type to use. Of course painting them to match well would be the big trick...

Wor-Gar, did you pull the trigger on this guy yet? Just curious. I imagine we're still a few months away from Joost setting any order deadlines.

Not yet. But I'm still planning on it.

I love that Joost could have done the mirror thing with the wings but chose not to. At this point I'm confident about the wing contraption... but still curious about the figure/outfit. The wing's the thing... but the figure driving it will really sell it, so it has to be just as good.

Do you really have a 3D printer? For me, the painting would be easier since I don't have a 3D printer.

Based on that picture Im guessing the turbines will not actually rotate, but will pivot forward and back. It would be cool if after this is released, he or someone offered upgrade parts to improve articulation.

Not yet. But I'm still planning on it.

I love that Joost could have done the mirror thing with the wings but chose not to. At this point I'm confident about the wing contraption... but still curious about the figure/outfit. The wing's the thing... but the figure driving it will really sell it, so it has to be just as good.

Do you really have a 3D printer? For me, the painting would be easier since I don't have a 3D printer.

As we've discussed previously, Joost's wanting this to look first rate for his own collection is the biggest factor in our favor. As particular as he is over the wing & helmet designs, I'm confident that he won't accept anything less than first rate quality for the outfit.

I do have a 3D printer, but I've only printed a couple of basic items so far (stands for an iPhone & a tablet PC). But once you get it leveled and tune in the bed and extruder nozzle temperature, it's fairly straightforward. But then I've only used the PLA material it came with, so what do I know. :lol

Wow, they have to individually print each of the rotors due to complexity. That's one impressive commitment to detail.

Those things are fragile. Even in the video you can see one blade is broken.

It's because they can't demould a curved rotor like that.

I'd be using a 3D resin printer like I have for the rotors. Filament will look pretty average, if it could actually print that fine and thin. Even resin wouldn't be easy. He may even need to go with costly SLS printing where no supports are needed.

Maybe Joost will make extra parts like that available for an additional charge. Spares, like people buy from TA... just in case.

I hate to think what would happen if this Iron Scavenger fell from its suspension on the ceiling. Yikes! I will have to make certain I suspend it over my detolfs so when it does fall -- and it most certainly will eventually -- it will only fall less than a foot. I'll have to attach a safety line too maybe.

You know what would be a great idea: if Joost could make a wall mountable stand with one of those bendy arms.

Last edited:
Back