JazzInc - Iron Scavenger Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are you posting the batmobile in the vulture thread? Theres a separate batmobile thread in the DC section already.

It is a batmobile video he posted, but the section is referencing the Vulture figure specifically.

Sounds like he has to retool, but thinks it will be out before Christmas.

Looks like they had to go back and redesign this guy to make it better which will push it out to what they are hoping a before Christmas release. I'm all for taking more time and getting a better figure vs releasing something and not being 100% satisfied with it. Take your time Jazz Inc. and make it even more of a masterpiece.

14 minute mark for talk on Iron Scavenger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASjfami5ttA&t=1063s

Thanks for the update! I'm with you - I have no issue waiting a few extra months to let Joost make improvements. He seems to want the same level of articulation that most of us want, so if he wasn't satisfied with where the initial design was headed then I trust his instincts. Initially I was concerned that this would go the Batmobile route (i.e., the "base" version having more static wings and then an upgrade would be needed for improved articulation), but the new design direction featuring more expensive molds would seem to preclude that.

Thanks for the update! I'm with you - I have no issue waiting a few extra months to let Joost make improvements. He seems to want the same level of articulation that most of us want, so if he wasn't satisfied with where the initial design was headed then I trust his instincts. Initially I was concerned that this would go the Batmobile route (i.e., the "base" version having more static wings and then an upgrade would be needed for improved articulation), but the new design direction featuring more expensive molds would seem to preclude that.

Yup! I'm glad hes thinkinh if other alternatives to a pitched fork stand and calling it a day. Either way I would be happy but I'll happily sacrifice time for an improved product.

I'm wondering if there is an option to have Vulture really high in the air (extended/longer pole with stand). That would really give him the look of him flying. Say maybe 10"+off the base/ground.

Weight sounds like a central issue... so a higher stand would make more stability problems. Just hang it from fishing wire if you want it to look like its flying. That's what I will do.

Exciting that we'll see a new proto before summer! And the short delay to Christmas is nothing. I will be happily surprised if this is available this year though. My Spidey sense tells me Feb-Mar 2021.

Weight sounds like a central issue... so a higher stand would make more stability problems. Just hang it from fishing wire if you want it to look like its flying. That's what I will do.

Exciting that we'll see a new proto before summer! And the short delay to Christmas is nothing. I will be happily surprised if this is available this year though. My Spidey sense tells me Feb-Mar 2021.

Fishing line came to mind, but itll be in my case so well see. When he said this will launch in September I thought there was no way. 1st quarter 2021 seemed more logical to me. Exciting times!

Haha no worries. I was asking for it... I read the part about "14 min" and it clicked in my head.. Im getting old... :pfft:

Tell me about it. Father time catches up with us all.

I think you/me are used to people posting randoms and polluting our threads. I do appreciate you policing those uneducated individuals.

I've been thinking of using fishing wire as well. My displays are in a basement with a drop ceiling, so that should make it easier to pull off. I plan to have the Upgraded, Stealth and Homemade suited Spideys as well as Mysterio all displayed together, and the plan is for Vulture to be hovering above all of them. BTW, did I detect a commitment on your part? Did you finally place an order? :pray: :lol

As for timing, yes, 1st quarter 2021 sounds about right.

Are you really praying? :lol

No commitment yet, except in my head. Perhaps Update #2 and the entirely new prototype will shove me over the edge... and Vulture will clutch my heart and carry me away.

Not praying, I just want as many people ordering it as possible to keep the price from going up. :lol

I assumed you'd be waiting for the first prototype. Ironically, I'll have it paid for in full around the same time.

Iron Scavenger Update #2

Thanks for posting this Wor-Gar! It's looking good. A 114cm (@45") wingspan! Yep, this guy will definitely need to be suspended from the ceiling. :lol

I was a bit surprised to see he's redoing the helmet too - I thought he had that pretty much finished already. I guess he's got a better design reference for it now? Hopefully it will still have the light-up eyes. It would be cool to have a second helmet that could go over a MK sculpt (if some third party supplier made one). Maybe Joost will offer one in an upgrade kit down the road.

Yeah, that wingspan is literally 3 Detolfs wide! I just checked. :lol

Looks tons better than the original though. I wonder how heavy it will be? Suspending it could be an issue if its 15 pounds.

I agree, it's a definite improvement over the previous design. It looks sleeker & more imposing.

I can't see it weighing as much as 15 lbs - I thought getting the weight down was one of the reasons he opted for the more expensive, movable metal molds (i.e., to use lighter/thinner material). I just moved my Falcon for cleaning/dusting purposes and I don't think that's even 5 pounds. I could see this being twice as heavy, but not 3 times as much.

I was just thinking that I may not need to suspend it after all. When I get the Justice Mobile I will likely relocate my TDK Tumbler to display the two vehicles together. Currently it resides on a low profile glass entertainment console under my wall mounted TV. The Vulture could probably take its place if I so desired. That said, I'd prefer to have him hovering over my Spideys along with Mysterio....if I can make that happen.

Back