Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a real dirty, grubby feel to that list if they're the main films this year. CBM's come and go, but a new Star Wars movie is like finding new pages of the Bible. there is nothing like the buildup and excitement of a new film.

not when you find a new page every December. :lol

It's a great feeling. I can't wait for the first trailer at Celebration, followed by all the posters, concept art, cast interviews, merchandise reveals etc...I'm surprised HT aren't blowing their wad on all things Wars already this year. If they did any kind of market research at all, they'd see the demand for Tarkin at least.

I see there is still a lot of hate from OT purists around here.

I'll get my coat.

:lol

I love TFA and RO, but you can't deny that they hype dies when it's just repeated every year. Just like with anything else. There's nothing wrong with anticipating a trailer, hell it's up on my list too.

Episode 8 is going to be nothing new. It'll come and go and be forgotten. People will move on to Episode 9 after a month.

Justice League is going to be nothing new. It'll come and go and be forgotten. People will move on to The Batman after a month.

In fact, let's go down that list shall we?

- Guardians 2, seen it
- Spider-Man Homecoming, third reboot within a decade, seen it
- Thor 3, who cares. I've seen Hulk and Thor fight and team up.
- Wonder Woman, already spoiled/seen in BvS for her big screen debut
- Logan, millionth Wolverine movie
- Alien: Covenant, literally the same **** we've seen from every Alien movie
- Power Rangers, garbage
- War of the Planet of the Apes, been there done that
- Kong: Skull Island (see above)
- Transformers: The Dark Knight, why do people keep seeing these damn things?
- Kingsman 2, who cares
- Underworld 7, nobody cares
- The Mummy reboot, Brendan Fraser > Tom Cruise (I wanna **** that mummy tho)
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, finally
- Pirates 5, Johnny Depp should have been thrown into an Australian prison

I don't see how some guys here muster excitement for this stuff year after year, not to mention wanting expensive dolls from them. What's your secret? How do you stay hyped for the same movies on a yearly basis? When I was a kid it felt like it took forever to get sequels when they were three, four years apart. Now they pump them out like it's nothing. It's like television at this point. The releases are so close together that you're better off just marathoning them on Netflix.

I'll side with DiFabio on this one.

I'm looking forward to checking out Logan, ALIEN and Kong but am not dying to see any of them. Episode VIII of course I'll be there for but my anticipation for that has been greatly diminished due to the impact of Rogue One.

The thing I'm most excited for this summer is seeing Michael Keaton playing an evil flying Batman. HELL yes. But he'll probably have 10 minutes of screen time with 110 minutes being devoted to Peter/Tony banter.

Lego Batman looks funny and I like classic Disney so I'm curious to see how Beauty and the Beast turns out.

As for the DCEU I'm more looking forward to the discussion here than the films themselves.

Yup. I'm looking forward to Guardians 2, Logan, and Blade Runner 2049, but eh, it's been there done that for most of these things. Blade Runner is nice because it's been decades since the last one. I like gaps like that, it makes you appreciate the movies more. All these things should be products of their time, not annual things they pump out in haste. Look at the time it took to get Terminator 2 after Terminator. 7 long years. Compare that to DC where we'll see Affleck Batman twice every year and it's just too much.

Keaton is exactly like a Raimi Spider-Man villain. Sympathetic, tragic, etc. If you've seen a green Goblin, Doc Ock and Sandman, you've seen Keaton's Vulture. Only difference between them and him is,

He doesn't die.

Blade Runner is that diamond in the rough for me this year. Ok I'm a lifelong fan of the first film, but there is some real talent invested in the sequel. I must have watched Sicario more than 10 times just for the sheer craftsmanship of it.

I'm looking forward to Pirates 5 and maybe some new Sparrow dolls :monkey2

Thor 3 is exciting to me because of the gladiator plot on some other planet. Sounds like it could be interesting, plus I want to see Jeff Goldblum as the Grandmaster.

GOTG 2 is exciting because of Ego the living planet, Stallone and Kurt Russell, and maybe an update on what Thanos is doing.

Blade Runner, because I'm a fan of the first film and Ryan Gosling. I'm also curious about Leto's role.

- Guardians 2, seen it
- Power Rangers, garbage
- Kingsman 2, who cares

For the most part, I have to agree. I miss movies being spaced out, it gave you time to forget and get excited again. Pirates gets bonus points for understanding this.

- Guardians 2, looks fun, but I just don't get the excitement behind them. Sure the first was good, but not that good.
- Spider-Man Homecoming, third reboot within a decade, seen it Yup.
- Thor 3, not even remotely looking forward to it, I guess Hulk is in it tho- cool.
- Wonder Woman, probably the one on your list with the most potential. It looks pretty cool IMO, and I've never been a WW fan.
- Logan, looks good, but I'm done with the character after this. Yup, too many of em.
- Alien: Covenant, should be cancelled.
- Power Rangers, ABSOLUTE garbage
- War of the Planet of the Apes, i'll give the third one a go as the first two were pretty epic, but it does look like more of the same.
- Kong: Skull Island, had my attention until that horrible cheesy trailer came out. I thought it was going to be closer to the first 1/3rd of PJ's.
- Omitted
- Kingsman 2, never saw the first one.
- Omitted
- The Mummy reboot, Brendan Fraser > Tom Cruise yup, bring back Brendan, and set it in the 40's. Much better.
- Omitted
- Pirates 5, Looking forward too. It's been long enough since the last one. And the franchise still has a solid track record IMO.

- Pirates 5, Looking forward too. It's been long enough since the last one. And the franchise still has a solid track record IMO.

Q4Zzog3.gif

I'd rather be getting Lone Ranger 2 than Pirates 5. *ducks*

SS7OW97.gif

BR 2049 THE movie of the year or more for me- but yes most of this is going to be same old thing in slightly different package..Ep VIII better be darn good to beat out how good RO was...and RO might be the last of the line of big chance-taking by Disney

I couldn't give a flip about new Spidey or good golly Thor......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Episode 8 is going to be nothing new. It'll come and go and be forgotten. People will move on to Episode 9 after a month.

Justice League is going to be nothing new. It'll come and go and be forgotten. People will move on to The Batman after a month.

- Guardians 2, seen it
- Power Rangers, garbage
- Kingsman 2, who cares

I don't see how some guys here muster excitement for this stuff year after year, not to mention wanting expensive dolls from them. What's your secret? How do you stay hyped for the same movies on a yearly basis? When I was a kid it felt like it took forever to get sequels when they were three, four years apart. Now they pump them out like it's nothing. It's like television at this point. The releases are so close together that you're better off just marathoning them on Netflix.

Hm
Sometimes I wonder why some you love the movie threads so much.

Back