McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys have they sorted out the head swap problem that we had with the Governor. I had a lot of customers complaining
that they could not swap the Governors head without it breaking.

Not really sure about the head swap on Glenn as I haven't tried it. I had my own issues with the Governer...the neck peg snapped on mine just twisting his head. Didn't really want to take a chance with Glenn.

Found Glenn today at Walgreens. Walgreens must be back to their usual scheme of only sending a figure or two per store instead of getting a whole endcap display like they did for Halloween for series 4.

Glenn is a fantastic figure. He's got all of the articulation we've come to expect since Merle in series 3 and then some. They've given them new cut joints above the wrist joints to give them more flexibility in the hand positions. And the amount of accessories he comes with is fantastic - knife, pistol, rifle, vest, pipe, and alternate head. Its going to really hurt with Zombie Merle coming with NOTHING - not even stand like the Burnt Walker is (plus a gas can!). They could have at least reused some Penny gut accessories for him to munch on. But anyway, Glenn is probably going to be hard to beat/impossible for the other figures to compete with. I know I'll be snagging a second to have the beat up face on. Finally Merle has someone to beat up on :lol

Found Glenn at a local Walgreens today. Just him and the Governor on the pegs. He turned out to be a nice looking figure.

Not really sure about the head swap on Glenn as I haven't tried it. I had my own issues with the Governer...the neck peg snapped on mine just twisting his head. Didn't really want to take a chance with Glenn.

the plastic seems softer than the previous waves so headswapping hasn't been an issue yet but still would try it under slightly warmer conditions (had the house heater on). overall he's able to twist his waist even with his shirt hanging over the front of his belt and i had no real problems getting his weapons into his hands like i did with andrea and the gov which was nice.

Walgreens price?

13.99 at Walgreens. Only 2 Glenns on the peg and no other figures at mine.

Here he is with the Gov and Carl.

0IedSya.jpg

the plastic seems softer than the previous waves so headswapping hasn't been an issue yet but still would try it under slightly warmer conditions (had the house heater on). overall he's able to twist his waist even with his shirt hanging over the front of his belt and i had no real problems getting his weapons into his hands like i did with andrea and the gov which was nice.

13.99 at Walgreens. Only 2 Glenns on the peg and no other figures at mine.

Here he is with the Gov and Carl.

0IedSya.jpg

The worse was Comic Glenn! The riot shield was soooo hard to get in his hand

Next TV series lineup revealed:

https://www.toywiz.com/walkingdead6set5.html

-Rick (new hopefully)
-Hershel (at last!)
-Carol (awesome choice based on this season)
-Abraham (not shown up yet on the show, but big comic character)
-Bungee Guts Zombie (from season 4 premiere helicopter crash I think)

:woo Only think that sucks is waiting until October :( At least there will be the Comic line in the Summer, probably a SDCC exclusive, and maybe even another Negan web site type exclusive to hold us over until then. Hoping for pics at Toy Fair!

dang, reminds me that i need to pre-order Daryl. i really wish mcfarlane went with this style of hips for everyone.

Hey! Dont forget about this! 10 inch RICK GRIMES
2a7aga5u.jpg

Nice! I didn't catch that. I've still got my Daryl sitting in my Pile of Loot, but I did see him at TRU last week and he looks great. I hope we'll get a Governor and Michonne to accompany them. You know, the heavy hitters getting that deluxe scale treatment. No Beths allowed.

Back