McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked a Walgreens on the way to work today and found 13 Glenn's and nothing else lol. I think he looks real good. Hope they get the rest of the wave in soon. Also looking at the rumored next wave, maybe that Shane is a zombie version like Merle. I hope so because if they are doing 4 humans to only one zombie that is going to suck.

I actually dont mind 4 humans one walker

2a5eqama.jpg

They put the decal in the wrong spot. :lol :slap

Those cool test shots of these lineups should be leaked soon. They usually do.

Really looking forward to the 10 inch Rick, I loved Andrew Lincoln's work in the first half of S4.

So really they just left off the SS symbols. I'm Ok with that. Makes getting custom decals easier to use :rock

Now, anybody know a decal guy? :lol

Apparently they weren't aloud to put that on the bike because its the kkk symbol. that's the universal sign for " I hate black people" remember, this was Merle's bike

It's not the KKK symbol, it's the symbol for the Waffen SS , which was equally (if not more) despicable. Like the swastika, this symbol has been adopted by white supremacist groups (who along with lacking any human decency, also lack in originality).

Yeah, I know the reasoning behind the symbol and it being Merle's bike (his racism was one of the many reasons I hated him in season 1). I just hate the double standard that its OK to have it on the show, but not on the toy. Oh no, little Jimmy is going to end up a skin head because his Daryl toy had some painted ss on his bike! :lol But he's just fine playing with his zombies that rip in half, have screwdrivers shoved in their eyes, and heads explode :rolleyes: Those horrible letters!

I mean nobody throws a fit over Kiss having the SS in their logo (though I do know they change those out when they play in Germany). Its just sad that there is no trust in the public to understand the use of the symbol. Or its sad that there are people in the public that are so ignorant that they will throw a fuss over a little thing like that. I mean, look at the Django figures. Its Ok for the film to exist, but don't you dare think about making any products of it other than the DVD!

But like I said, I'm glad they just left it blank (as far as them having to do something about the symbol). It makes it that much easier to pop on a custom decal to make it screen accurate. It would have been annoying to have had to paint over a logo first.

yeah, following the Django point I'd be really sad if somehow the figure was recalled because random folks who have no investment in or understand adult collectibles, the comic, or the show decide to rail against McFarlane all because they accurately put a symbol on a bike since they think all toys are for kids.

I didn't get the 10 inch Daryl, but I will definitely get the 10 inch Rick, Specially if it is Prison Rick, I LOVE that look the most.

Well he seems to be talking about a 6" line, which the current TWD line isn't. I don't imagine them making c listers in a larger scale. Unless the idea is to transform the current scale into the c lister line and focus on 6" figures from here on out. Toy Fair will definitely be interesting for this line.

Its good to know at least that Herschel will happen at some point according to that. I hope it also opens the door for more variant outfits of big characters like Rick and the Governor. I just hope they don't blow it by switching up scales. Less articulation or C characters I could live with though. Maybe they are following in Hasbro's footsteps. I know they've currently got Star Wars 2 packs out right now that includes figures with less articulation (more like the classic Kenner articulation). So that might be an option - c lister and walker two pack? Build your cast and zombie horde at the same time?

Back