Medicom Darth Vader Version 2.0 RAH 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got pics with it? Why you parting with it?

I had bought two, decided just need the one, yes I added two pics in my add, that said it is in perfect shape.just pm me if you have any more questions, cheers.

Another quick one that I forgot about last night:

037.jpg

Got the pose a little tighter on this one (plus you can see my reflection in the dome!). Interesting that there's been more activity today in the SideShow ESB/RotJ Vader thread than there has been in this this thread, even with pics....

144.jpg

I think I might just get this one first while waiting for SSC's one.. really feels like something is lacking without Lord Vader..

For sure^

And final thoughts rubio?

Meh. The only one interested is you.

Heartbreakingly sad to me that no one can bring themselves to get into this figure because it's a Medicom. It's Darth Vader, for God's sakes. And the truth is, it is outstanding in every way. Easily in my top five figures, ever.

I'll pm you.

Heartbreakingly sad to me that no one can bring themselves to get into this figure because it's a Medicom. It's Darth Vader, for God's sakes. And the truth is, it is outstanding in every way. Easily in my top five figures, ever.

I'll pm you.
Hmm, I get what you're saying about the silence on this figure but that's probably better than everyone coming into the thread and thrashing it (I'm supposing a lot of people have opted not to say anything at all). I admit I have acquired a bit of a bias against Medicom due to the scale issues and the NA prices, but I don't hate the company and their products by any means. That said, even with your pictures I can't get past the face mask. There's something really wrong with the proportions and it looks scrunched up or somehow kiddified (for lack of a better word :p) to me. To be honest I'm surprised you don't see it or have any issue with it at all. As I've said previously in this thread, I just feel none of the classic Darth Vader menace with this figure. I'd be just as unsatisfied if it were SSC (and I'm actually bracing myself to pass on that release if it's anywhere near as sloppy as the crummy teaser pics they released a while back) or Hot Toys. Anyway, I don't want to take away from anyone's enjoyment of this figure, least of all yours, but I suspect not a few people here have the same problem with it that I do.

Edit: Although I'm not ruling out OSCORP's point on this. Could be a lot of lurkers that don't want to bother posting that are happy with it. Also, meant to add in the main body that I'm actually impressed with the quality. It looks well made and with great attention to detail. It's just the sculpt of the face shield that ruins this figure for me.

Last edited:

I'll pm you.

That's saying a lot coming from you. I trust your opinion, and hope to see more pics from you in the future.

Love this one BTW. Also is the saber that bright in your pics in person?(would like to see some sculpt pics from ya)

037.jpg

Hmm, I get what you're saying about the silence on this figure but that's probably better than everyone coming into the thread and thrashing it (I'm supposing a lot of people have opted not to say anything at all). I admit I have acquired a bit of a bias against Medicom due to the scale issues and the NA prices, but I don't hate the company and their products by any means. That said, even with your pictures I can't get past the face mask. There's something really wrong with the proportions and it looks scrunched up or somehow kiddified (for lack of a better word :p) to me. To be honest I'm surprised you don't see it or have any issue with it at all. As I've said previously in this thread, I just feel none of the classic Darth Vader menace with this figure. I'd be just as unsatisfied if it were SSC (and I'm actually bracing myself to pass on that release if it's anywhere near as sloppy as the crummy teaser pics they released a while back) or Hot Toys. Anyway, I don't want to take away from anyone's enjoyment of this figure, least of all yours, but I suspect not a few people here have the same problem with it that I do.

Edit: Although I'm not ruling out OSCORP's point on this. Could be a lot of lurkers that don't want to bother posting that are happy with it. Also, meant to add in the main body that I'm actually impressed with the quality. It looks well made and with great attention to detail. It's just the sculpt of the face shield that ruins this figure for me.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Figures it would be you.

Okay, now let's debate this guy. As far as the facemask, it's interesting that you don't care for the sculpt, because that's exactly what attracted me to it in the first place! The face sculpt, along with the dome, which is the only one that nails it pretty well, in my opinion.

I don't want any arguments here, just debate, but I'm just not seeing where you don't care for the sculpt. Care to elaborate? Or is it one of those things that you can't put your finger on that just doesn't FEEL right? I've had a few of those things, from time to time.

I agree with Invictus Sol.

I've seen this figure up close, & it's nice enough for what it is, but it isn't a definitive Darth Vader - at all.

Back