Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly, when was the last time another Konami franchise was actually successful? Castlevania maybe, but other than that.... They're desperate.

:goodpost: :exactly:

They only have MGS. And on another note, it's such a shame that Kojima has so much talent, but they wouldn't even allow him to branch off into another series. He could have made an IP and returned to complete a FULL MGS game, instead of having to release it in parts.

Heyyyy, Ryan!!

Just relieved to know that hideosutherland isn't you. No offense to the guy, but the name sounds like a clear giveaway of a joke account. :lol

They only have MGS. And on another note, it's such a shame that Kojima has so much talent, but they wouldn't even allow him to branch off into another series. He could have made an IP and returned to complete a FULL MGS game, instead of having to release it in parts.

Which reminded my by how I was I was genuinely sad that Silent Hill is nothing nowadays, I can't believe such a brilliant series that I love dearly fell apart when the original team disbanded.

Speaking of other IPs, I never played Zone of Enders, is it good?

I haven't played the games in over a decade but they're both good! ZOE2 is probably some of the best action games I've ever played.

Speaking of other IPs, I never played Zone of Enders, is it good?

ZOE: The 2nd Runner is INCREDIBLE! It ranks as the best single mecha game I've ever played, and it truly shows that Kojima is capable of a lot more than what Konami gives him credit for.

Have you ever seen the intro trailer?

And here's the updated trailer for the HD Collection. The animation was done by Sunrise Inc. - the same company that produced Gundam.

It looks reaaaally good, I'll have to try it sometimes, the gameplay looks fun, and that tune in the trailers is very catchy :lol it's a lot better than Paz's song :lol

Mecha animes are a tough sell for me, don't find the characters interesting enough, and the story kinda looks like it, does it have interesting characters? I've only watched a handful of mech animes (including Eva) because of the characters themselves.

Just relieved to know that hideosutherland isn't you. No offense to the guy, but the name sounds like a clear giveaway of a joke account. :lol

I have a feeling, some people in here are still skeptical :lol. I logged on this afternoon, and suddenly I see everyone thinks I'm trolling the thread with a secondary account :slap.

Signed,

hideosutherland

Which reminded my by how I was I was genuinely sad that Silent Hill is nothing nowadays, I can't believe such a brilliant series that I love dearly fell apart when the original team disbanded.

Yeah, it was tragic what happened to Silent Hill. Although, I haven't followed the series after Silent Hill 2.

I haven't played the games in over a decade but they're both good! ZOE2 is probably some of the best action games I've ever played.

And it's such an underrated game. It's like the hidden gem from KojiPro.

Last edited:
It looks reaaaally good, I'll have to try it sometimes, the gameplay looks fun, and that tune in the trailers is very catchy :lol it's a lot better than Paz's song :lol

Mecha animes are a tough sell for me, don't find the characters interesting enough, and the story kinda looks like it, does it have interesting characters? I've only watched a handful of mech animes (including Eva) because of the characters themselves.

Yeah, there are definitely some interesting characters (Dingo Egret and Ken Marinaris, especially), although they're somewhat undeveloped. This game really needed (and deserved a sequel). Have you ever heard "Flowing Destiny"? It's the theme song from ZOE 1. I really love the OST from this series.

Here's the instrumental version:

The last good SH game to come out was shattered memories, it's a re-imagining of the 1st one, it's a really personal experience.

I'll have to check that out. SH is a series that I haven't followed intensely (as say, MGS). I definitely enjoyed the first game, though.

Guy sounds like a lame. Anyway, I'm new here. Love anything and everything Metal Gear. Anyone else excited for Metal Gear Solid 5?

I'll have to check that out. SH is a series that I haven't followed intensely (as say, MGS). I definitely enjoyed the first game, though.

The first 3 games were a work of art, SH4 was good except that the gameplay was torture, which was explained in the narrative of the game but doesn't really make it a valid excuse regardless. Silent Hill Shattered Memories and Origins were great considering the original team had left by then but I never finished Homecoming nor have I tried Downpour because I just don't feel the magic anymore.

It's truly a series worth investing time and effort into, which makes the fact that is now mishandled by Konami all the more depressing. Only two series have ever made me sad to see it go- Silent Hill and Tomb Raider. Oh well.

I don't know you think I am. I am just one man, excited to defeat Zero in Metal Gear Solid 5. It's been way too long since we had a new Metal Gear game to play.

Cool then. Let's see some ID, or as we go about on SSF, what MGS collectibles do you have? I mean, since you're new we might as well see what your collection no?. Cheers mate.

Cool then. Let's see some ID, or as we go about on SSF, what MGS collectibles do you have? I mean, since you're new we might as well see what your collection no?. Cheers mate.

I just moved, so I can't until everything arrives in my new huge house.

What is everyones favorite Metal Gear Solid title here?

2qSYo.gif

I just moved, so I can't until everything arrives in my new huge house.

What is everyones favorite Metal Gear Solid title here?

I see, what do you collect then? PAKs? HTs?

Everybody's favorite MGS game is kinda divided all across the boards. That's what makes us special. :lol

Where you hail from, man?

Back