Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i’m guess Kojima didn't think Hayter Could change his voice .

I don’t know what Plissken is talking about the whole voice thing. I am happy Hayter is out because his voice sounds sounded like **** in PW and he got worse with each game. Also his voice would be way too hammy for the new tone Metal Gear is trying to set. Kojima wanted a decent actor, and thats what he got. Hayter isn’t a decent actor. Akio didn’t need to be replaced because his voice is being dubbed over Kiefers Motion capture, so why find someone else? Just to be fair? If anything we are getting the better game.

So far I think Kiefer it perfect for the role, and I don’t know why thats so bad on here. Take of the biased goggle and you guys might be able to enjoy the series again.

Anyone could of done the mocap, it didn't need a different actor. David and Akio could both keep their jobs. And the fact Akio is sticking around goes against the whole "separating the characters" thing so obviously that wasn't the reason for the change despite what Kojima says.

The japanese version it makes sense why they have the same voice. It doesn’t for the American version. which is why Doyle was brought in to voice Big Boss in MGS4.

I don’t know what Plissken is talking about the whole voice thing. I am happy Hayter is out because his voice sounds sounded like **** in PW and he got worse with each game. Also his voice would be way too hammy for the new tone Metal Gear is trying to set. Kojima wanted a decent actor, and thats what he got. Hayter isn’t a decent actor. Akio didn’t need to be replaced because his voice is being dubbed over Kiefers Motion capture, so why find someone else? Just to be fair? If anything we are getting the better game.

So far I think Kiefer it perfect for the role, and I don’t know why thats so bad on here. Take of the biased goggle and you guys might be able to enjoy the series again.

I'd really like explanation on what this setting is supposed to be considering what the last few games have been :lol

The latter is the truth. Kojibro just wanted the western 'star' appeal he thinks he will get from Kief ASWELL as the motion capturing. He just didn't think Hayter was a big enough name for the super budget movie-game he keeps trying to make

Only Kojibro tried to package it differently cuz he knew it would kick up a stink, especially after they announced they would be keeping the same japanese voice actor.

Yea this makes sense, Kiefer Sutherland is a huge star. I mean he is bigger than Robert Downey and Jennifer Lawrence right now

Like I said before, this game is supposed to be Kojima’s reboot to the series.

Doesn't come across as a reboot in the slightest, it's following the same track the previous games have already built.

For me, a real problem would Solid Snake voiced by someone else... I don't really know whats going on in Kojima's mind, but I hope he brings back Hayter IF Solid Snake is back

He's stated he's not done with Snake, but I'll be surprised if Hayter if entertains the idea of working for Konami again.

It isn’t a reboot of course, but he is trying new things, different tone, gameplay mechanics, genre. He said it in an interview. Trying to compare this to the past games, is only going to bother you guys more.

Like somebody said, the MG remakes won't even have Hayter as Solid so it won't even be like MG anyway.

Not to mention the amount they will have to change because of all the retcons

I literally have no faith in the series going forward.

Would I like to? Of course, but everything that made me love the series is slowly being drained from it.

It's what the difference personally was for me between MGS and splinter cell, now MGS looks like it's kinda going there and doesn't feel like itself anymore. It could be any generic stealth game. Which it's already pulled ideas from other stealth games which doesn't help with it's identity

I'd like to know whats going on there... how Hayter realy feels I mean, I'm not following him on twitter so I don't know :lol as long as Hayter doesn't say "**** MGS I'm not comign back" there is still hope :lol I'm sure he would do it for the fans

I think he’s done with the series. I hope is at least. Him continuing in the role would be like a once great boxer, fighting past his prime. PW was horrible and I don’t know why you guys put no blame on him. I bet if Kiefer sucks you guys won’t be saying it’s the voice directors fault.

I don't understand pturtle why you think Hayter can't do VA anymore. He had one bad game PW and MGS4 sounded fine for the tone of the character. Who's to say they didn't tell him to go like that for PW to make him sound more guff than Solid?

5 games and 1 bad one outta the bunch (a game that doesn't even matter either really) that does not indicate somebody who can't do it

Kojima worried about Thermal goggles in MGS3, and now he's got 3D dimensional light images in the 1970s. He went full retard.

He had a lot worse than that in MGS3. Tech has never been consistent with the period the games were set. Not even close.

I think he’s done with the series. I hope is at least. Him continuing in the role would be like a once great boxer, fighting past his prime. PW was horrible and I don’t know why you guys put no blame on him. I bet if Kiefer sucks you guys won’t be saying it’s the voice directors fault.

I don't think he sucked in PW, but I'm not an expert in voice acting. I don't think Kiefer will suck I've said that before, I give him the benefit of the doubt

He had a lot worse than that in MGS3. Tech has never been consistent with the period the games were set. Not even close.

True, it's always been based on stuff that is a few years or even a decade ahead. But look at Metal Gear ZEKE, it's more capable than REX in the 1974 :huh

Back