Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand pturtle why you think Hayter can't do VA anymore. He had one bad game PW and MGS4 sounded fine for the tone of the character. Who's to say they didn't tell him to go like that for PW to make him sound more guff than Solid?

6 games and 1 bad one outta the bunch (a game that doesn't even matter either really) that does not indicate somebody who can't do it

PW was horrible, MGS4 while I understand the need for his voice to change, he didn’t even sound human. But my thing is, he has gotten worse each game. And he also sounded like crap in the graphics novels. That is about 4 times in recent times, he hasn’t sound that good. We haven’t heard him do the MGS1 voice since that game, so there is no reason to believe he can still do it. Why not do it in the MGS1 graphic novel? Either he’s lazy and doesn’t want to do it, or he can’t.

But I am happy he’s not Big Boss anymore. Whether Hayter was still great or not. I always felt Big Boss needed another voice actor.

I don't think he sucked in PW, but I'm not an expert in voice acting. I don't think Kiefer will suck I've said that before, I give him the benefit of the doubt

If you think he was good in PW, I have no problem with that. It is all subjective anyway. I just think he is really past his prime and not as consistent as guys Conroy.

MGS1-2-3 didn't get progressively worse so I don't really think you can use that as means to fortify your opinion. He did it for along time with breaks In between.

The inconsistency would be more apparent if that was the case, and wouldn't he have been worse in MGS4 judging by your reasons

Now I'm not saying he didn't find it harder to do and maybe he was lazy in PW or they asked him to do it like that

If you think he was good in PW, I have no problem with that. It is all subjective anyway. I just think he is really past his prime and not as consistent as guys Conroy.

I dunno, I don't like and I don't hate it :lol he was was meh in PW.

Yeah maybe..

..Saying this for the 40th time now but I do like the fact that Big Boss has a different voice, thats how things should be. We don't know what will happen in the future so, for now, I don't think I have a reason to complain

MGS1-2-3 didn't get progressively worse so I don't really think you can use that as means to fortify your opinion. He did it for along time with breaks In between.

The inconsistency would be more apparent if that was the case, and wouldn't he have been worse in MGS4 judging by your reasons

Now I'm not saying he didn't find it harder to do and maybe he was lazy in PW or they asked him to do it like that

I think he did get worse and worse each game. Sure the voice in MGS1 2 and 3 were still good but each game he wasn’t as good as his last. Then PW came and I wanted to be deaf.

I dunno, I don't like and I don't hate it :lol he was was meh in PW.

Yeah maybe..

..Saying this for the 40th time now but I do like the fact that Big Boss has a different voice, thats how things should be. We don't know what will happen in the future so, for now, I don't think I have a reason to complain

Same here. Thats why I feel like most people should even be upset, because Big Boss already had a different voice actor. I getting a new VA for this game was a smart idea, and Kojima’s reason for it makes a lot of sense.

But there's barely any difference in mgs2 and 3

And people are mildly upset Hayter isn't voicing but that's not where the hate is coming from.

I agree they should never have used Hayter in the first place and should have done it before his supposed last game as protagonist

It's the way it say done and the bull**** excuses Kojima gave

Kojima worried about Thermal goggles in MGS3, and now he's got 3D dimensional light images in the 1970s. He went full retard.

Some of the tech in MGS 3 was fictional, such as the use of microfilm and NVGs. But, it was done in such a subtle way that most people didn't even realize that didn't belong in the time period. Fast forward to Peace Walker in the 70s, where there are flying, singing robots, and a gigantic mech that thinks its human - and the ridiculousness becomes truly apparent.

Just as an analogy: imagine if flying spaceships and dudes with lasers suddenly showed up in an episode of CSI. And for those who aren't aware, CSI frequently uses sci-fi tech that doesn't exist. But, it goes back to what I said before about "subtlety" and being able to incorporate such tech into a storyline without it becoming immediately noticeable :lol. With that said, Kojima went full retard with Peace Walker, and it's apparent that he's doing the same with MGS V - with the holographic maps, and x-ray tagging systems, that make Solid Snake's Soliton Radar look primitive in comparison.

But there's barely any difference in mgs2 and 3

And people are mildly upset Hayter isn't voicing but that's not where the hate is coming from.

I agree they should never have used Hayter in the first place and should have done it before his supposed last game as protagonist

It's the way it say done and the bull**** excuses Kojima gave

I understand that, but I am not Hayter’s friend, I don’t care about the man personally. He did a voice in a video game I liked playing, all the real world crap he deals with I couldn’t care less about.

Metal Gear Solid 3 also had invisible camo. I guess that existed in the 70’s and nobody told me.

Then you obviously didn't care that much about the voice acting in the first place, so shouldn't have that much to say about it now :huh

I didn’t care about his voice acting because I don’t care about his real world problems? I would be upset if this game was about Solid Snake and Hayter was coming off of great performances, but thats not the case. I’m a fan of the series, not David Hayter.

But Hayters voice was such an integral part to the series how do you not understand? What your saying doesn't make sense. I'm talking about the series here not what you think of the series

He IS the Kevin Conroy of MGS. No question, you only need to ask pretty much every MGS fan that.

But Hayters voice was such an integral part to the series how do you not understand? What your saying doesn't make sense. I'm talking about the series here not what you think of the series

He IS the Kevin Conroy of MGS. No question, you only need to ask pretty much every MGS fan that.

I understand that, but he has gotten worse in my opinion and I appreciate his removal, why don’t you get that. I’m not saying its a fact, but it is just my opinion.

When Conroy got recasted in Arkham Origins and I heard the new guy, I didn’t care, I thought the new guy and Troy Baker did an excellent job and I enjoyed the game.

If MGSV is a good game, then thats all I care about.

On Facebook they tell you to shut up about Hayter, and then you're banned from the page :lol

Back