Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. Hoping Kief does a good job of Big Boss and I'm fairly confident he will.

Hopefully Hayter will be back to play Solid in a Metal Gear/Metal Gear 2 remake. Although it's fairly possible Phantom Pain could stretch into being Metal Gear from Big Boss' perspective

Have there been any new rumors or official statements that they're indeed remaking them?? I'd really like that to happen as I missed those on their original releases, and only played them later on when I went back to NES gaming.

Have there been any new rumors or official statements that they're indeed remaking them?? I'd really like that to happen as I missed those on their original releases, and only played them later on when I went back to NES gaming.

Zero word on them at all, although two years ago Kojima Productions said they wanted to remake MGS1 yet again.

I started with MGS1. To my little teenage brain it was the first and last of it's kind. I wasn't even expecting a sequel

I didn't find out about MG until much later

I tried to shed some context on the difference in fans, and he's getting cramps about it.

Getting cramps about it? How old are you? Because arguing with 'kids' on a collectible forum doesn't sound very mature. Everyone else has calm debates but you like to think you're the only person who's opinion matters. The opinion was not even MGS related, it was about me and my age.

No talks of an MG, MG2 remake yet but it's possible with how things are going.

In 1998 we only had one MGS game and I didn't get into the originals until after. But even still, we only had one game to digest so of course newer fans have a different take one what's good in the series and whats not.

You played them when they weren't "new." You need to look at it in that context.

You didn't need to build your opinion on the series like the older fans did, you already had multiple games available to you.

Getting cramps about it? How old are you? Because arguing with 'kids' on a collectible forum doesn't sound very mature. Everyone else has calm debates but you like to think you're the only person who's opinion matters. The opinion was not even MGS related, it was about me and my age.

No talks of an MG, MG2 remake yet but it's possible with how things are going.

Please cite where I talked about your age. You're the only one that keeps twisting that screw. And when did I say my opinion is the only one that matters? Don't get pissed at me because you got some inferiority complex.

I've had plenty of calm debates in here, and even heated ones but nothing was personal. I barely even post in here anymore, don't know why you got such a hard on for me.

In 1998 we only had one MGS game and I didn't get into the originals until after. But even still, we only had one game to digest so of course newer fans have a different take one what's good in the series and whats not.

The only thing we've disagreed on is my age :lol

Like I said countless times before,
A serious toned Hayter > Kiefer.

They will most definitely remake them. MGS is big business and Conami will get every last drop of blood from the stone, and then some

If MGSV is a success, which I have no doubt it will be despite my view on the final game

Expect a MGS1 remake eventually, and then probably a MGS3 one while popping out different 'editions' with rehashed artbooks

Still it means they will make MGS figures etc for a while to come

Please cite where I talked about your age. You're the only one that keeps twisting that screw. And when did I say my opinion is the only one that matters? Don't get pissed at me because you got some inferiority complex.

Inferiority? :lol :lol :rotfl

You have talked about my age a lot over the past few pages. Notably when you implied I still got an allowance from my parents. Wow.

For the second time, I have not mentioned your age pertaining to the discussion at hand... only with your unnecessary anger fueled and childish replies.

When have I ever done a childish reply? Please quote one please.

I don't have a 'hard on' for you thanks.

Me and Solidus had a slightly heated then calm debate, you're just being insulting and making me bring up topics I don't want to discuss.

I think he's saying it's different to when you played the game in it's time.

I played MGS1 in 1999, I was 11 years old, that was 14 years ago now. Did I truly understand everything that was going on? No of course not, but I was still participating and soaking up the aura of it's release and what it did to fans back then at it's rebirth if you will.

That in itself is a different experience. Much like I'm sure many got with Big Boss in MGS3 so I can understand the love for BB also

It took years for some of us years to generate the opinions that we have today on MGS - and as fans we may agree or disagree as it's often the case. MGS happens to be a very complex series, with a equally complex creator at the helm of it all. I remember I used to be an avid (almost cult-like) supporter of Kojima prior to MGS 4. But, after I had time to soak in these games, and even the drama surround them (eg. the debacles involving the localizations of MGS 1 and 2) - I've taken a far more critical stance over the years.

The perspectives of the older guys tend to be much different than a general "newbie". I still think it's absurd for someone to have a strong opinion on either Sutherland or Hayter if they got into this thing late in the game :lol.

I don't understand why people need to be tolerant to new fans but old fans are fair game to take ****.

I'll remember this post for a rep :lol. Of course, everyone's welcome to discuss things, but it's a double-standard, indeed.

Last edited:
Being around for a release when it's new is of course a good thing but essentially making out I don't understand something or am not a fan of it purely because of my age is just insulting. I'm getting treat like a child. I'm about done with this forum.

I'm fine with everything you have said! I think you're actually one of the nicest of the thread. It's Snake Plissken who seems to think he's the number one fan :lol

Me and Solidus had a slightly heated then calm debate, you're just being insulting and making me bring up topics I don't want to discuss.

I was calm with all my posts until you started acting like a little boy. I was just talking about the context between fans and you got all bent out of shape because you thought I was speaking about how old you are.

None of those posts are childish. You're the one who got personal and brought in my family and made jokes.

We've never even had a disagreement and I'm sure you even added me as a friend. So don't act like this has been a long running thing because the only thing I haven't liked on this thread is you bringing up a previous argument that was settled.

What the hell are you even talking about?

None of those posts are childish. You're the one who got personal and brought in my family and made jokes.

We've never even had a disagreement and I'm sure you even added me as a friend. So don't act like this has been a long running thing because the only thing I haven't liked on this thread is you bringing up a previous argument that was settled.

:mwaha

A passing comment and he thinks I'm attacking his family. You brought up join dates, I attacked your age. Get over yourself.

What previous argument are you even talking about?

Back