Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I respect both of your opinions. But, let me try to clarify my position, so you don't think I'm a total dirtbag :lol. David Hayter fans grew up with him when he voiced Solid Snake - and for many of us, he played the role as one of our childhood heroes. The same can be said about Kiefer's portrayal as Jack Bauer.

It's true that someone could get caught up on all of the MGS games and all of the seasons of 24. But, it's not the same kind of thing, like those who have experienced MGS (and perhaps even 24) at first hand. Like I said, everyone's entitled to their opinions. But, personally, I think I have more of an affinity with those who grew playing these games - whether they agree or disagree about David Hayter's ousting in MGS V, or on deeper matters concerning the future of this franchise. With that said, pturtle and I have had some extraordinarily insane arguments in this thread :lol. But, at least I know where he's coming from, regardless if we'll never agree on certain things.

:exactly:

Age absolutely plays a factor with these games. If you've been playing the series at the time of release, you'd understand why all the Hayter fans are bent out of shape. We've been playing these games with his voice over for the better part of two decades and now we need to be accustomed to someone else taking the role who honestly, isn't needed at all. Everything that has been said for the reasoning behind it is nothing but a hypocritical ruse for star appeal considering Okio is still voicing Big Boss in the Japanese version. I'd give credit to Kojima if he switched out Okio for some B list movie star in Japan.

On the comments of Kief and Hayters shape.

Kief has been shooting or will be (don't follow 24, just know there's a new season) so he's had to scrub up

I'm pretty sure you can find gross pictures of both fellas when they have let themselves go.

It's not really 'fair' to comment on either of their shapes really anyway I mean, come on what are we woman? Neither looked that bad at their worst anyway.

So I'm less of a fan because I'm young? Okay. :lol

Most of you guys were kids when you started playing MGS, so was I. I've been a fan of MGS for over 6 years which is a third of my life so saying Snake isn't a childhood hero of mine is just a wrong assumption.

I think he's saying it's different to when you played the game in it's time.

I played MGS1 in 1999, I was 11 years old, that was 14 years ago now. Did I truly understand everything that was going on? No of course not, but I was still participating and soaking up the aura of it's release and what it did to fans back then at it's rebirth if you will.

That in itself is a different experience. Much like I'm sure many got with Big Boss in MGS3 so I can understand the love for BB also

I think he's saying it's different to when you played the game in it's time.

I played MGS1 in 1999, I was 11 years old, that was 14 years ago now. Did I truly understand everything that was going on? No of course not, but I was still participating and soaking up the aura of it's release and what it did to fans back then at it's rebirth if you will.

That in itself is a different experience. Much like I'm sure many got with Big Boss in MGS3 so I can understand the love for BB also

Exactly what I'm saying.

Being around for a release when it's new is of course a good thing but essentially making out I don't understand something or am not a fan of it purely because of my age is just insulting. I'm getting treat like a child. I'm about done with this forum.

Dude I'm not treating you like a child at all, I would even go as far as to say 'age' is the wrong word, more so the time when you experienced the game.

And I don't think that makes your experience any less valid, you will have formulated your own view of the games which is what you've expressed here. As you said it's the same, it was just experienced differently but you are still of the same thinking.

No need to feel belittled.

I don't understand why people need to be tolerant to new fans but old fans are fair game to take ****.

Also...

I've been on this forum for longer than you thanks :lol

Didn't realise you were a better person than me for being older. You don't need to be tolerant to me? I'm NOT a new fan. No wonder the MGS fanbase is going to hell, because they're elitist and stuck-up

Dude I'm not treating you like a child at all, I would even go as far as to say 'age' is the wrong word, more so the time when you experienced the game.

And I don't think that makes your experience any less valid, you will have formulated your own view of the games which is what you've expressed here. As you said it's the same, it was just experienced differently but you are still of the same thinking.

No need to feel belittled.

I'm fine with everything you have said! I think you're actually one of the nicest of the thread. It's Snake Plissken who seems to think he's the number one fan :lol

I've been on this forum for longer than you thanks :lol

Didn't realise you were a better person than me for being older. You don't need to be tolerant to me? I'm NOT a new fan. No wonder the MGS fanbase is going to hell, because they're elitist and stuck-up

Really dude? Join dates mean so much :lol You've been here like 5 minutes longer than me. Do you still get an allowance from mummy and daddy?

Your age really is showing through when you're blowing this all out of proportion and misunderstanding what I'm even saying.

Really dude? Join dates mean so much :lol You've been here like 5 minutes longer than me. Do you still get an allowance from mummy and daddy?

5 minutes longer than you? Oh so release dates matter but join dates don't?

No, I don’t because my dad is dead and my mom is out of work. Who do you even think you are?

5 minutes longer than you? Oh so release dates matter but join dates don't?

No, I don’t because my dad is dead and my mom is out of work. Who do you even think you are?

Way to take a joke literally.

I didn't know that when I started into MGS and when I joined this forum were so interlocked with each other :rotfl

Back