Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It probably would have been that way if that was the case. But, yeah, this series has a special place in the hearts of fans who have been following these games on the journey of their releases. There is a deep sense of emotional attachment and bias (one way or another) that someone won't be able to truly understand if they missed out on those years.

I still remember all the hype from MGS 4 back in 2008 :lol. I deplore the storyline now that I look at it, but it's release was the most memorable time that I can recall for this series. I remember waiting in line to get my game signed by Kojima, and some people were so depressed thinking that Solid Snake was going to die, and one girl actually started crying :lol. That's the type of attachment to a character that you can't understand, if you only started the series several years ago.

In a similar manner, many of the fans are strongly in support for David Hayter, because not only did he provid the voice for Snake, but also because he was on this journey with us for a few decades into the series. And with that said, it was like a slap in the face (or a giant kick to the bawzz) to see him get the boot like that - and in a very disrespectful way, to say the least.

But, regardless of how I feel about Hayter, I just don't think that Kiefer is a right fit for Big Boss. I know his voice so well, and it's going to be impossible for me to play MGS V without getting vibes from 24.

Also about the Kiefer 24 voice thing, I can understand that also. He doesn't have much vocal range, so your skepticism on his casting
Makes sense. I haven't seen an episode, so I'm pretty excited
To see what he can bring to the role of Big Boss.

Yup, there it is, the emotional attachment some newer fans can't really get from playing the game so late. 2 different appreciations come from when you play it, both pretty valuable to how you view the game so I don't really think anyone is losing whenever they decided to get into the franchise.

Everyone can appreciate this franchise to an extent. But, when discussing matters involving it's future - where it was and where it's going, you have to be in a different sort of mindset to truly know what you're talking about, in order to give credence to your arguments. And that only comes from years of experience and having the time to fully analyze things. That's really the issue I took last night, when I was talking to Jackhepburn.

Also about the Kiefer 24 voice thing, I can understand that also. He doesn't have much vocal range, so your skepticism on his casting
Makes sense. I haven't seen an episode, so I'm pretty excited
To see what he can bring to the role of Big Boss.

The problem I find with Kiefer is that he goes from really low, to high-pitched. David Hayter is able to maintain a mellow or gruff tone in his voice, and even when he screams it doesn't sound high-pitched at all.

..... wha.. well I missed the war

post-24630-I-have-no-idea-whats-going-on-COV8.gif

Ok it seems whatever happened is over now, I wouldn't want this threat to reach page 1000 with arguments..

tumblr_me4us75wPT1r9ktnn.gif

I think I already said what I think about everything related to MGSV many times, I can't say anything else about GZ I just want to play that thing !

I will concede something, when being a fan of something, it does require time, maybe years of playing/watching something several times and analyzing the after taste that can take a while to arise, digging for underground info, learning about the people involved, all that gives you a different, *maybe deeper perspective on the subject matter.

That's why most things called "classic" are classics because they've survived years, even generations of close scrutiny.

BUT, that can also create a bias caused by an idealized image of the subject matter over the years, and a fresh perspective can be a good thing.

In my book, Jack has quite the credibility here, because of the way he has expressed his thoughts (before the last argument anyway), I can't say the same about the people on facebook, whose opinions are flashy and just plain alienating, even when they're on the same side as me.

It's worth noticing that I've skipped the last playground fight :lol there's no way there's anything I haven't read there.

Last edited:
I will concede something, when being a fan of something, it does require time, maybe years of playing/watching something several times and analyzing the after taste that can take a while to arise, digging for underground info, learning about the people involved, all that gives you a different, *maybe deeper perspective on the subject matter.

That's why most things called "classic" are classics because they've survived years, even generations of close scrutiny.

BUT, that can also create a bias caused by an idealized image of the subject matter over the years, and a fresh perspective can be a good thing.

In my book, Jack has quite the credibility here, because of the way he has expressed his thoughts (before the last argument anyway), I can't say the same about the people on facebook, whose opinions are flashy and just plain alienating, even when they're on the same side as me.

It's worth noticing that I've skipped the last playground fight :lol there's no way there's anything I haven't read there.

At least you don't try kick-starting the argument again after the dust settled like the reptile LOVES to do :lol

Yup, fandom in general brings out the worst out of people :lol

I proud myself in surviving a huge trolling siege on the movie threads when I said I liked MoS better than Superman the movie :lol

From this thread's inception, it's been nothing but arguing :lol Sure I took part in a lot of it at the beginning, but I honestly think I've toned it down immensely. I just don't want to be bothered.

Pturtle's a good fella, but his veins still pump fire, I've long learned the ways of this thread so the turmoil doesn't disturb me anymore :lol

I just try to even the playing field. I hate
When some
People in here "cough" "cough" Plissky, feel the need to attack people. It happened to Henry, myself and even you at times. But I don't want to ruin the peace in this thread. So I'll stop with the arguing.

I just try to even the playing field. I hate
When some
People in here "cough" "cough" Plissky, feel the need to attack people. It happened to Henry, myself and even you at times. But I don't want to ruin the peace in this thread. So I'll stop with the arguing.

Is that you're pet name when you think of me? :lol I think Dylan pegged you perfectly.

guys lets all go back to love each other and be happy!

large.gif

I know some people don't like friends but i'm just trying to lighten the mood here!

I never found the arguments here to be hardcore.... the ones in the movie section though, make this thread look like Kansas :lol

Well hardcore compared to the RE threats :lol I think the same can be said for DC and Marvel section, I personally never got into an argument there but man... when two people argue there its like WWII

Back