Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regenerating health is basically catering to the younger generation of COD gamers who need their hands held when playing these games.

Rations and regenerative items are like a stapled trademark of MGS (heck, even MG 1 and 2 had rations) and by excluding it, the series is just deviating further away from its identity.

Yup, thats was my thoughts exactly. It is good to have certain things tied into a game franchise, Mgs with the codec/mech fights, Halo's online voiceover guy (KILLING SPREE!), need for speed with its car modifications. These things keep you drawn to the game, sure tweak things to go with the ever changing times, but dont forget what got you to where you are!

I'll be definitely playing first runthrough without the target marking system

Well with MGS3 we knew way ahead of time the Boss defects. And with MGS4 they gave away that Shadow Moses was in it, and we piloted REX.

Big Boss' x-ray vision is stupid, I hate how it looks and I hate what it does.

I have no problem with this. The tagging and the slow mo we never have to use, so I think Kojima putting it in for to make the game easier for certain people or whatever doesn’t hurt the hardcore players one bit.

It can be turned off. It's not a big deal. Kojima has said that hardcore players can turn off a lot of the stuff they do not like. I am getting anxious for GZ. I am ready to dive into this one.

Same here, this will make the wait for TPP a bit easier.

https://www.computerandvideogames.com/451052/mgsv-ground-zeroes-unlocks-for-phantom-pain-detailed/

All Ground Zeroes players will be able to transfer prisoners of war and VIPs rescued in the game to The Phantom Pain, where they will join the Mother Base staff. Any unlocked character skins will also transfer over.

Konami also detailed second-screen features for Ground Zeroes: an iDROID app available for free on iOS, Android, and Smart Glass will let users search maps, call air support, and play cassette tapes found around the environment.

Konami also announced a price drop for the boxed retail versions of Ground Zeroes on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

A prologue to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Ground Zeroes will act as a bridge between the linearity of existing series entries and the open-world environments of the upcoming fifth instalment.

Konami has confirmed a Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes release date of March 18.

Well unlike the current-gen versions, you can still get GZ for as low as 20 dollars on last gen.

Pturtle, please learn to multi-quote.

It doesn't give away too much of the plot, really. Sort of. I dunno. :lol

Well, we know that:

1. Big Boss infiltrates Camp Omega on a rescue mission for Paz and Chico.
2. Skull Face, the leader in charge of Camp Omega (and I guess, "XOF") uses it as a distraction to attack mother-base (aka. Outer Heaven) while Big Boss is away.
3. Paz is tortured, raped, and has a bomb implanted inside of her stomach.
4. Big Boss and Kaz are heavily injured, and Big Boss is left in a coma for nine years.
5. Shortly after Big Boss awakes from his coma, XOF attacks the hospital (maybe they just found out his location).
7. Psycho Mantis uses telekinesis powers to prevent Big Boss's escape.
6. Big Boss is rescued by Ocelot.
7. Ocelot advises Big Boss to rescue Kaz Miller in Afghanistan.
8. Miller is missing an arm, a leg, and as the trailer suggests, his eyesight.

I might be wrong on a few details, and may have looked over some things, but that's just the general gist of what I'd consider spoilers :lol.

Last edited:
Agreed, all of that is made too obvious for me. I'd rather it was almost all a surprise. Also there's two cutscenes in GZ and we've already seen the first one and some of the second one. I must have seen the first cutscene about 100+ times now :lol

Agreed, all of that is made too obvious for me. I'd rather it was almost all a surprise. Also there's two cutscenes in GZ and we've already seen the first one and some of the second one. I must have seen the first cutscene about 100+ times now :lol

The trailers basically told us the major plot points of how GZ starts and ends :lol. This would have been unacceptable if it were a theatrical movie.

The trailers basically told us the major plot points of how GZ starts and ends :lol. This would have been unacceptable if it were a theatrical movie.

Not really Kojima even said that GZ would amount to the pre title sequence of a film. Like the opening of a Bond movie. But extended because of the media. Movies, especially big blockbuster releases, may release the first 10 mins of a movie as an exclusive to drum up interest. Captain America: Winter Soldier has apparently screened about 10 mins of footage.

Back