Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished this a few days ago ( dont ask ) and its ok i guess. Its really nothing special at all. Alot of people are going on about the ending, and yeah its a bit " oh em gee ".
But only if you played Peace Walker. Other wise it looses all impact. And people wanting to fast forward in to the future and are hoping for some surprise twist where we are playing Metal Gear Remade... Chill. Its not happening. Theres enough great stories to be told prior to getting to play as Solid again.
Id give it 5/10, and the score is only as high because of the ending. Obviously nobody could give it any higher because you can speed run it in the time it takes to run a bath.

Finished this a few days ago ( dont ask ) and its ok i guess. Its really nothing special at all. Alot of people are going on about the ending, and yeah its a bit " oh em gee ".
But only if you played Peace Walker. Other wise it looses all impact. And people wanting to fast forward in to the future and are hoping for some surprise twist where we are playing Metal Gear Remade... Chill. Its not happening. Theres enough great stories to be told prior to getting to play as Solid again.
Id give it 5/10, and the score is only as high because of the ending. Obviously nobody could give it any higher because you can speed run it in the time it takes to run a bath.

Well that's definitely the kinda review that would make me wait.

What would you score it if it was a free game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it hard? How about the side missions? Are they any fun?

Thanks for the review man .

Well if its free thats different, but it would only pertain to me. So wouldnt rank it. Ive been alpha testing something recently, and beta testing it in the last month (not MGS) and the sessions for it were longer than it took me to complete ground zeroes. Dont get me wrong its fun, but if anything id say buy it upon release, use a few days to exhaust it of its playability and then sell it on ebay. Wait until it comes crashing down in price and re-buy it to put on your shelves as something you play close to Phantom pain release

who says he didn’t get it for free:lol

True :lol, Just would like to know because some people don’t care much for the price and more about how good the game is.

Well if its free thats different, but it would only pertain to me. So wouldnt rank it. Ive been alpha testing something recently, and beta testing it in the last month (not MGS) and the sessions for it were longer than it took me to complete ground zeroes. Dont get me wrong its fun, but if anything id say buy it upon release, use a few days to exhaust it of its playability and then sell it on ebay. Wait until it comes crashing down in price and re-buy it to put on your shelves as something you play close to Phantom pain release

Ah, okay got it. I’m going to try it when I get home. Thanks for the review.

There would be no "score" if was was a free game, because review scores are meant to reflect the media's value for money. It's like those "Trailer reviews" people do on Youtube, it should be "impressions."

Take the "Sam and Wolf" DLC from Metal Gear Rising. I love MGR to death, but if I had paid for them, I would give a 5/10 the most as they are not worth the initial asking price. Now that they are free, my final word would be "Get them, they're an hour each of great fun".

There would be no "score" if was was a free game, because review scores are meant to reflect the media's value for money. It's like those "Trailer reviews" people do on Youtube, it should be "impressions."

Take the "Sam and Wolf" DLC from Metal Gear Rising. I love MGR to death, but if I had paid for them, I would give a 5/10 the most as they are not worth the initial asking price. Now that they are free, my final word would be "Get them, they're an hour each of great fun".

MGR's DLC was very meh, only played them once.

Ive seen plenty of free games reviewed. Reviews aren’t just “recommendations”. Anything can be reviewed.

I just wanted to know if Kiva’s score on the game was due to the length or more about the actual gameplay. Seemed like he liked the game, but the length of it ruined it for him. Most of us are going into this knowing the main campaign is about 2 hours. So far Ive already put almost 4 hours into the game and have only finished 2 missions. The gameplay, graphics, voice acting, are all top notch. A lot of collectibles can be found that extend the story, and if you just want to jump into the map and basically try all the new mechanics you can. The mission variety is incredible, and is a glimpse of how broad the missions will be in TPP. If I paid 60 dollars for this game, I would rate this a 4/10, but since I paid half that price, I give it an 8/10 so far.

Maybe Kiva just didn't enjoy it there doesn't have to be a deep thought that goes into it.

wow.. you know i kinda liked what they did for GZ.. at first i was doubtfull.. i missed the lifebar and stuff but i think having it removed made me play it more cautiously.. i also finf enemy AI is smarter than the previous ones in normal mode. unlike before (I think)you can get detected hiding under a crate.. i was just taking a scan of the guy then boom! he spotted me like a peeping tom under that crate.. snaked ipod 'idroid' was ok but you guys were right.. it's kinda out of place for it's time :lol i barely use it tough... only thing i remember using it is for extractions. You can also play music or conversations on the go but i find it risky as you wont be hearing anything around you like if there's a patrolling vehicle coming by...

The thing i mostly enjoyed here is that it made me play through without being too much dependent on a map...you can enjoy it more now cause youll be paying more attention on the actual surroundings instead of a mini map (I dunno cause thats how i used to play mgs games before :lol )
I also find escaping alert mode is easier but the duration of status modes (Alert,evasion,caution mode w/c can be only identifiable with the guard radio conversations) is longer but hey! i just finished it in normal mode ill try it in hard to compare

Maybe Kiva just didn't enjoy it there doesn't have to be a deep thought that goes into it.

He said the game was fun. Most of what he said had to do with the length of the game, which is why he said he couldn't imagine anyone giving it more than a 5/10.

I just wanted to know if he actually enjoyed the game.

Plenty of "free to play" games get reviews.

wow.. you know i kinda liked what they did for GZ.. at first i was doubtfull.. i missed the lifebar and stuff but i think having it removed made me play it more cautiously.. i also finf enemy AI is smarter than the previous ones in normal mode. unlike before (I think)you can get detected hiding under a crate.. i was just taking a scan of the guy then boom! he spotted me like a peeping tom under that crate.. snaked ipod 'idroid' was ok but you guys were right.. it's kinda out of place for it's time :lol i barely use it tough... only thing i remember using it is for extractions. You can also play music or conversations on the go but i find it risky as you wont be hearing anything around you like if there's a patrolling vehicle coming by...

The thing i mostly enjoyed here is that it made me play through without being too much dependent on a map...you can enjoy it more now cause youll be paying more attention on the actual surroundings instead of a mini map (I dunno cause thats how i used to play mgs games before :lol )
I also find escaping alert mode is easier but the duration of status modes (Alert,evasion,caution mode w/c can be only identifiable with the guard radio conversations) is longer but hey! i just finished it in normal mode ill try it in hard to compare

Without any of the handicaps on hard mode the game is absolutely brutal. My only gripe is some animations could be better.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back