Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah okay. You can also get MGS1, 2, 3 and PW on the Vita, just so you know. If you're in Europe, you can play MPO on the Vita as well.

Looks like I finally have a reason to invest in a Vita. MGS machine :lol

I've watched plathroughs of GZ, and it's music is pretty under whelming. Where-as the trailer music for TPPis meh at best, too generic to care. However, nothing beats Snake Eater. So cheesy...yet addictive >.> the music really is pretty sweet in MGS games, even PW and 4 had solid tunes.

I was expecting good things when that first GZ trailer had Here's To You by Joan Baez playing over the top of it. Also the trailer with the Garbage track was pretty great. Maybe the final game will make use of prior music like that in its soundtrack.

I love MGS3 a lot. The mix of serious character-driven narrative and 60's spy movie cheese just works, somehow.

Are we talking about compositions or songs here? Because GZ has great songs; Here's to you, Sins of the Father, Not Your Kind of People and Nuclear, 3 of them being licensed tracks. As for compositions, MGSV is composed solely by Fossel during gameplay and Harry Gregson-Williams during cutscenes.

I love all MGS songs except for that thing Paz sings in PW. Brrr..

Y u no like kawaii?

Ryunikun?! :monkey4 I am a dissapoint.

52803402.jpg

Seriously, though, Peace Walker was way too Japanese for its own good, especially for a setting in Latin America.

Seriously, though, Peace Walker was way too Japanese for its own good, especially for a setting in Latin America.

MGS2's Can't Say Goodbye to Yesterday was an acquired taste, but any adult would enjoy such classy jazz. That PW J-Pop would make my grandpa think we're being invaded again.

And isn't Big Boss an American soldier? It's as awkward as having J-pop in a scene from Rambo. :slap

That's what happens when a Japanese man, writes a story about an American soldier in a Spanish speaking region of the world.

vGqISRq.png

GZ's in-game songs are boring, Ryan. That's what I meant. Regular MGS in-game songs are pretty good though, like Ocelot's boss fight theme in MGS 3, most of the Big Shell tunes in MGS2, and Cavern in MGS1.

Oh god, everything with Paz in PW is...something, I think we can agree on that :lol that song is just another thing to add to the list. Solidus brings up a good point about the writing too :lol PW just gets weirder and weirder whenever we talk about it.

Pliss, you must embrace the singing AIs :lecture they are the future and they are beautiful!

I completed GZ today... meh. I hate how disinterested I am in the story, and Kief completely takes me out of it. Gameplay is fun, and I like the sandbox idea actually... but outside of that...

The gameplay is the only good thing as far as I can see. The music sucks, the choice of actor sucks, and most of all the story sucks.

The gameplay is the only good thing as far as I can see. The music sucks, the choice of actor sucks, and most of all the story sucks.

Well there barley any story ahaha. I thought the tapes were quite good in developing the characters. Paz miraculously became more likeable than in PeaceWalker and Keifer was not bad in the 5 words he said haha

I completed GZ today... meh. I hate how disinterested I am in the story, and Kief completely takes me out of it. Gameplay is fun, and I like the sandbox idea actually... but outside of that...

It's like you're reading my mind...

mind_blown.gif

But, I'm sure that TPP's story is going to be a lot better than GZ's. Love the gameplay, too, it was really fun.

I expected that reaction from Pliss, or even worse :lol but I think you were predisposed to not like it, Pliss.

Story in GZ was okay for what it was, it wasn't bad at all imo.

Can we all agree that this game wouldn't get so much flame here if it's price all along was $10 or $5? :lol

Back