Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Literally read a few hundred pages back, the definition of white knight toward this game can be seen. Though I do not recall much criticism from you gaspar, but this thread is like that really bad drunk hangover you want to forget about and never talk about again :lol

I don't see myself getting much merchandise from this game, I almost want to cancel my Nendoroid order...I might get the PAK of Venom Snake, but it's kinda hard to look at the character...

And I'd say our hate wasn't just blind hate, I'd say it was legitimate criticism from long term fans. We've had such long debates in here, that everyone's motives should be clear.

I didn't hate Sutherland at all, but I don't know what the hell was the point to get a pretty known actor... to pretty much have no part in the game as the lead...

Yeah I don't get it either. I'm a few missions in, and I don't see the 'conveyance' he was supposed to do with his mo-cap :dunno:

Oh well. It's all moot at this point now. Were stuck with what we got, whether we like it or not. We can only wish the series gets put in better hands.

Basically, yeah. There's nothing that can be done unless they add in the cut content, though how much that effects things in the long run can vary.

It's pretty clear none of us wants the series to end like some initially said :lol I think I felt it at some point too, but the Fox engine has barely been toyed with to just drop it like that. Supposedly Konami's already working on another one aren't they?

Yeah, I made a thread for it a few weeks ago. I honestly hope Kojima moves on from Konami and does a new IP. I think fresh blood in the director chair might be a good thing. But if this was in the early 2000s, I'd be completely against this of course.

I would definitely want the series to go back to set pieces, heavy stealth and a deep narrative.

If the series doesn't continue, I'd be fine, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. But it would be strange to drop the Fox engine just like that.

I think a combination of both is best, like Peace Walker but more focused on in-doors environments, corridors and stuff like that, less open world but still some.

As for core gameplay mechanics, I don't see them getting any better.

For story, just ****ing close the circle and remake the MG games, I don't care that they don't rely on themes, just finish up the narrative with a well written story and dialogue.

I wonder what would be better, a western director or a Japanese one, Konami will probably get a Japanese director, I'd like Kiefer to Return as BB, and Hayter as Solid.

I also wonder if Shinkawa would return without his bro.

I actually think Kojima's directorial skills are at his very peak, cinematography, acting direction, dialogue, are all so slick and stylish in the game, without mentioning scenes like the jeep ride with Skullface, cardboard Ocelot, and the obvious fact that the story is incomplete, of course.

I've bashed the hell out of PW, but the set pieces and gameplay mechanics were a blast. Sandbox never belonged in MGS IMO.

It really never did. It feels out of place, and bizarre, sort of surreal...

I didn't like the idea of open world stealth in Splinter Cell either, when Conviction previously had the idea, so I Was glad that game went to a more standard design (even though that game has its own problems)

All in all, if this game wasn't written, directed, and produced by Kojima, I would've been more forgiving...

I think everyone would look at this game completely different otherwise. fanboys wouldn't be praising it and ignoring the flaws, regular fans wouldn't hate on it so badly, the reviewers wouldn't have been forced to keep their actual opinions to themselves...

Back