Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And still, so much of the fanbase utterly refuses to acknowledge how flawed it is. I find, the best fans are the ones that can pick it apart for what it is but still love it to a degree... but I don't love the game whatsoever.

More like respect it for being an all right game that tried something completely different and nothing more. The fact that people call it 'perfect' and 'a master piece' is beyond me.

Among the games I've played this year - even including remasters - this is probably the biggest disappointment I've seen. Oh it's fine, but this is such a missed opportunity.

Right because MGS games were never just ok, they were typically ground breaking both in terms of gameplay/graphics but even more so in the story, development of the characters, mature themes, and anti war/ nuclear proliferation agenda.

It's not even just that. As anything - a sand box game, a stealth game, a metal gear, a story driven game - it just isn't that special.

Also imo a lot of franchises were ground breaking in many areas, and they can't really keep that up forever so I let the game slide there.

Let's put it like this- as a hardcore MGS fan, I'm so disappointed by it that I feel like I've been robbed. Not to mention this is the most expensive "regular" game I've ever bought, let's see-

$20 for GZ on PS3 and I didn't had a PS4 yet.
$30 for GZ on PS4.
$60 for TPP

That's $110 for me just to get the full experience. Because of that I REFUSE to buy anything MGSV related, be it toys, posters, clothing, condoms, whatever. Konami is laughing at me, as they walk away with my money- and enough is enough.

MGS V condoms probably exist. And some fans probably bought it.

That's the sad part.

Maybe because I bought it digital, and I force myself to like em; but I actually dig the game. Sure it is extremely stupid at plenty of points, but I enjoy going out and taking out bases and stuff. A nice breather since Fallout.

Not an amazing game, but not something I'll dismiss. Just got Quiet, so I shall see.

Maybe because I bought it digital, and I force myself to like em; but I actually dig the game. Sure it is extremely stupid at plenty of points, but I enjoy going out and taking out bases and stuff. A nice breather since Fallout.

Not an amazing game, but not something I'll dismiss. Just got Quiet, so I shall see.

Come back when you beat the game. :lol

I will say, Mother Base is too ****ing and unnecessarily big. And it's a *****.

True story: My friend came over few days ago, he's not that much of a gamer but he loves MGS since the first one. He played this for about 6-7 hours at my place and asked me if the whole game was a simulation. Confused, I asked why and he replied "Because the world feels dead and there's nothing much to interact with". I told him that's not the case so he asked, "So when am I'm getting out of Mother Base and do some real adventuring like the old MGS games? "This Motherbase/dropping into missions are just for a few hours, right?"

I replied "Nope, that's the whole game" :slap :lol

Didn't anyone notice the current page number for this thread? :lol

It would be a cool time for a mod to just shut this thread down, along with the memories of this pos game. Just saying...

Funny how all the white knights that posted in here for years defending it, have completely gone MIA for some time now :lol

No kidding. Everytime I visit this thread now, I'm like

giphy.gif

Back