Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the "Boycott Konami" **** heads are in full force on Facebook. Boycott how? They don't even give a **** about their games :lol

I can read the article since my work blocks the site, but is this absolutely confirmed... or speculation?

I wonder if he slept with the President's daughter or something...

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima was instructed he was not permitted to attend The Game Awards 2015 ceremony to accept any awards for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, host Geoff Keighley has revealed.

“As you noticed Hideo Kojima is not here with us tonight and I want to tell you a little bit about that,” explained Keighley. “Mr. Kojima had every intention of being with us tonight but unfortunately he was informed by a lawyer representing Konami just recently that he would not be allowed to travel to tonight’s awards ceremony to accept any awards.”

“He’s still under an employment contract and it’s disappointing, and it’s inconceivable to me that an artist like Hideo would not be allowed to come here and celebrate with his peers and his fellow teammates.”

Metal Gear Solid V won best action/adventure game during the show. The award was accepted on behalf of Kojima and the Kojima Productions team by Kiefer Sutherland, voice of Snake in MGSV.

It was reported in October that Hideo Kojima had finally parted ways with Konami after a long-running saga between the two, although Konami officially denied Kojima had left, insisting Kojima remained listed as a company employee.

This makes me pretty happy, but all this does is bolster his weight with the moronic Facebook bleeding hearts.

You can say alot about Kojima,but Konami is only hurting their own image when the creator of their most successfull game franchise is not allowed to go.What a joke...
Allthough MGS5 had it's flaws,what Kojima has done for the franchise as a whole deserves praise.

Indeed. But this does show something happened, and I think Kojima had to have done something

That said yeah I agree that he probably doesn't deserve this...all of this at least

Not having anyone from Koji Pro is just crazy. I really, really want to know what the hell happened that caused this.

Yeah, same.

Oh God, I really hope this doesn't make people start praising MGS V again...

Yeah, same.

Oh God, I really hope this doesn't make people start praising MGS V again...

People will praise it more now than before because of what just happened.How great Phantom Pain is and this is how Konami show their gratitude to Kojima.

People will praise it more now than before because of what just happened.How great Phantom Pain is and this is how Konami show their gratitude to Kojima.
Basically my point. It's stupid though, but that's the state of MGS's fanbase :slap:

I know Konami is despicable, but I can't just take Kojima's side when I know how friggin weird and narcissistic he is. I'm sure it had to be much more than going over budget.

I know Konami is despicable, but I can't just take Kojima's side when I know how friggin weird and narcissistic he is. I'm sure it had to be much more than going over budget.
That's my point exactly. That and we all know something big had to happen, and that Kojima's not innocent. Everyone's just trying to act like he's fine because 1. dudebros 2. Konami is **** lately 3. Kojima SEEMS like he's being abused, but people aren't really reading into anything like his twitter and so on.

I was very put off, just by how he was blasting his name all over the place on Kojima Station, and all those selfie pics on Twitter, and the photos with him and celebrities. The funny thing is, I remember thinking, "Yes, I know you're Kojima, the #1 video game director of all time and space, you don't need viral self-marketing everyday to remind us about it". And then there was MGS V with the credits...

It did suck that they took his name out from the box art, though. Complaints aside, he's practically the last video game auteur in an industry, that's been completely take-over by faceless corporate entities. Can anyone name a familiar face behind Assassin's Creed, Halo, or COD? Me neither :lol.

All I see is how Phantom Pain fell short of its potential, and how Kojima fell short of my expectations. It's not a great game man. Not with all the cut content, barren environments, and sparse dialog and plot (that's not MGS). Kojima got a raw deal from the corporate heads, but people need to smell the roses about this game and see it for what it really is. Quite frankly, if it were up to me personally, I wouldn't assign it any awards, whatsoever.

Back