MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more shots 2.jpg1.jpg

^^ that second pic looks awesome!:clap. Haven't messed around with this yet, just took it out the box and put in detolf cabinet. Can't wait til this weekend to have some time with my dollies!

Mine was just delivered. Actually Lasership delivered some other person's package instead of mine and was off before I could tell him. Luckily the address was only a couple minutes from mine and I was able to drive by and switch them with the other person with the intro 'you didn't happen to just get the wrong package delivered to you by any chance?'

Luckily yes and was able to get my Iron Man. Super stoked about this figure and have been looking forward to him for a while. Mark III is my favorite armor and I have always had seller's remorse after selling off the first version and BD version.

Mine was just delivered. Actually Lasership delivered some other person's package instead of mine and was off before I could tell him. Luckily the address was only a couple minutes from mine and I was able to drive by and switch them with the other person with the intro 'you didn't happen to just get the wrong package delivered to you by any chance?'

Luckily yes and was able to get my Iron Man. Super stoked about this figure and have been looking forward to him for a while. Mark III is my favorite armor and I have always had seller's remorse after selling off the first version and BD version.

:rotfl :rotfl

Thanks.

Excellent lighting Rook - how did you do it? pic of your setup will be highly appreciated

2-point lighting perhaps?

Four lights: Two large soft boxes flanking the figure, a somewhat harder light source for fill in the front (you can see the reflection of this on his right shoulder), and a light for the backdrop.

Also a 2.5-second exposure to allow the LEDs on the armor to shine.

After some thinking on selling mine, finally decided to repaint it.
Just added some smoke and black paint over the red with the airbrush. Light layers of shading enhancing the shadows a bit more.
Now i have started to weather it a bit making some scratches. Need to add more and also some dirt.
Also changed to a more satin finish. You can see the difference in darkness and glossiness in the side by side with the original helmet.
Will also share when weathering is finished.
Also trying to make the helmet top rectangle a bit longer. Need to add red. Just black by now. Probably will make it longer.
Hope you like it :)

PD: No color post retouching.

Iron Man repaint by inigou, en Flickr

It's amazing how a satin finish can make something look even more expensive. Nice job! It's bugged me that the suits have never been so high gloss, yet HT persist with it.

Wow, that's a beauty!

Thank you!

It's amazing how a satin finish can make something look even more expensive. Nice job! It's bugged me that the suits have never been so high gloss, yet HT persist with it.

Yeah. Less gloss would be better IMO. Hope Hot Toys think about it for future releases. And hope they release a 1/4 Mk3. Would be my definitive IM for sure if they make a nice job like they are doing with Mk 43.

After some thinking on selling mine, finally decided to repaint it.
Just added some smoke and black paint over the red with the airbrush. Light layers of shading enhancing the shadows a bit more.
Now i have started to weather it a bit making some scratches. Need to add more and also some dirt.
Also changed to a more satin finish. You can see the difference in darkness and glossiness in the side by side with the original helmet.
Will also share when weathering is finished.
Also trying to make the helmet top rectangle a bit longer. Need to add red. Just black by now. Probably will make it longer.
Hope you like it :)

PD: No color post retouching.

Fantastic work. Repped. :duff

Back