MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The eyes are the first thing I notice about 1/6 figures and Hot Toys are miles apart from Sideshows in that respect. The doll dot certainly doesn't help them at all.

Even without the dot, I find that often, the size of the iris or the placement will be wrong for the person being painted. They often come out with generic eyes, like all the factory worries about is getting perfectly shaped little circles. It's nice to have cleanly painted eyes, but if the iris should fill up most of the eye opening and they're painted like tiny dots, it won't look like who it should be.

The paint HT uses is quite expensive. I think I know which ones they use. I did some research for my 1/4 Rambo project I'm starting soon. Obviously it's not only the paint itself....a lot of work goes in to the whole paint job. Sideshow is definitely able to achieve the same quality as HT does but their figures would be a lot more expensive.

Here's one of the better pictures of them together in their prime.

SSAS.jpg

I don't think many have noticed,but Arnie's close friend Franco columbo(In the middle) had a tiny part in Terminator,he played the Terminator that infiltrated the Human's camp in Kyle Reese's flashback from the future.

Barney Ross.. without joints:

1733379x9qd6ti9x6cigal.jpg

I am convinced that, more than one would like that the figure looked like this.... ergo, unjointed and motionless, like a mere statue :slap

I don't think many have noticed,but Arnie's close friend Franco columbo(In the middle) had a tiny part in Terminator,he played the Terminator that infiltrated the Human's camp in Kyle Reese's flashback from the future.

Franco won many a Strongman Competition in his day too.

I hope we see less Rubber Bodies in the future,they are no fun to pose at all unless there are Rubber bodies with joints like Dutch.

I think HT should have photographed him with lighting like that for the official photos, the body looks much more ripped than the proto photos lead you to believe, almost as if the were no abdominal muscle at all.

I'm most impressed with the veins in his temples, really solid attention to details of his face for the sculpt work, it's those small things though that help make the difference between it being 30-40 year old Sly and 60s Sly.

Yeah, I'm really impressed with that, I was stunned when I got Wolverine and saw a subtle shading to all the veins on his arms and neck, I just figured they'd be sculpted only.

LOL yeah its so funny seeing them looking at toys of themselves. someone should caption that.

Back