1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I think Karamazov80 said it best:

Yes, you made your point. We get it. At this point, those posts aren't providing any useful contribution to the discussion and just constitute trolling, so let's please cut down on it if you don't mind.

I love the figure, and I think the likeness is great. but, did they have to pick the one photo of it that looks cross-eyed for the promo?

And 90% of it added together isn't as big as Superman: the Movie. The likeness issue being out of the way, it's simply a matter of doing a couple new sculpts and creating a new suit to go on an existing body. Cheap, easy, guaranteed money in their pocket. They essentially made 2 versions of Clark for lame-o Superman Returns. They've made "Mech Test" Tony Stark. They've made Spirit figures. If they don't do a Reeve Clark, then they're dumber than they look.

And 90% of it added together isn't as big as Superman: the Movie. The likeness issue being out of the way, it's simply a matter of doing a couple new sculpts and creating a new suit to go on an existing body. Cheap, easy, guaranteed money in their pocket. They essentially made 2 versions of Clark for lame-o Superman Returns. They've made "Mech Test" Tony Stark. They've made Spirit figures. If they don't do a Reeve Clark, then they're dumber than they look.

A Sabertooth would've been successful. Rorschach and Nightowl would've been better choices than Jupiter. Among those who bought Blade, who wouldn't have wanted a Nomak? Hell, Dillon or Blain for Predator would've been easy sells. How about a Bruce Wayne figure? Or a non-mechtest Tony Stark? Battle Damaged T2 with M134A? Modern Kyle Reese? They seem easy enough, right? What happened to those figures? Guess HT are dumber than they look? :huh

A Sabertooth would've been successful. Rorschach and Nightowl would've been better choices than Jupiter. Among those who bought Blade, who wouldn't have wanted a Nomak? Hell, Dillon or Blain for Predator would've been easy sells. How about a Bruce Wayne figure? Or a non-mechtest Tony Stark? Battle Damaged T2 with M134A? Modern Kyle Reese? They seem easy enough, right? What happened to those figures?
Unknown if Sabretooth would have sold (I could imagine him ending up in 2-Face territory). No Rorschach and Night Owl were functions of the sale of the released characters. I wouldn't have bought Nomak. Or Dillon or Blaine without likenesses (and I'm sure Billy's sales didn't help issues there). Non-MechTest Tony is probably forthcoming, but in any case is not 1/100th as iconic as Reeve Superman.

Terminator lines are still going strong :yess: I expect another announcement. . .any. . .day. . . . . .now. . . :monkey2

Ultimately, Superman isn't comparable to any of those except for maybe Terminator IMO (which is also money in their pockets), because Superman: the Figure is gonna sell way better than all those other figures you suggest, and so would Clark Kent (well, maybe not better than BD T-800 would sell, but. . .). Lieve Shreiber Sabretooth is not Reeve Clark Kent. Dillon from Predator is not Reeve Clark Kent. Etc.

I suspect that if we don't get any more Terminator figures, it was from something like a license expiring.

Unknown if Sabretooth would have sold (I could imagine him ending up in 2-Face territory). No Rorschach and Night Owl were functions of the sale of the released characters. I wouldn't have bought Nomak. Or Dillon or Blaine without likenesses (and I'm sure Billy's sales didn't help issues there). Non-MechTest Tony is probably forthcoming, but in any case is not 1/100th as iconic as Reeve Superman.

Terminator lines are still going strong :yess: I expect another announcement. . .any. . .day. . . . . .now. . . :monkey2

Ultimately, Superman isn't comparable to any of those except for maybe Terminator IMO (which is also money in their pockets), because Superman: the Figure is gonna sell way better than all those other figures you suggest, and so would Clark Kent (well, maybe not better than BD T-800 would sell, but. . .). Lieve Shreiber Sabretooth is not Reeve Clark Kent. Dillon from Predator is not Reeve Clark Kent. Etc.

I suspect that if we don't get any more Terminator figures, it was from something like a license expiring.

Your lack of interest =/= overall interest. :lol But that aside, let's look at a Reese figure. Seemed pretty simple. They even could've just released a generic TrueType with his likeness. Didn't even do that.

Your lack of interest =/= overall interest. :lol But that aside, let's look at a Reese figure. Seemed pretty simple. They even could've just released a generic TrueType with his likeness. Didn't even do that.
OK, "Nomak or whatever the ____ his name was would not have sold except to a niche audience. And unrecognizable Dillon and Blain wouldn't have sold, either. . .to anyone." :lol

Reese with a TrueType could still be released. I'm pretty sure that Gambit wasn't released until awhile after Wolvie was. But given issues with his likeness, that's probably what kept a proper version from being made as much as anything else. I mean, MMS 02 being Reese suggests to me that HT would like to make him if they were able to (same thing with the remaining, iconic T-800 looks they haven't yet released--I haven't given up hope for those yet, since it makes so little sense for HT to drop the line where they did).

One of the most wanted figure is coming. I´m glad to see this guy soon. This will be my first dc figure:panic:

Hope he takes time and watch this one.....:horror

attachment.php

Perfect improvement. 100% Superman Reeves :lecture

With this improvement or whithout it, it's a must have, must buy :hi5:

Is it just me or is that decapitated superman figure banner up there bother anyone else? I say use a horizontal pic of him for that banner. Maybe a flying one.

I know, it looks like the head is the exclusive. :lol

Just preordered the sideshow exclusive and it was 194.00 shipped with my points discount. Really love the kryponite chain it comes with.

This shot reminds me of the helicopter rescue. "Excuse me" and flies off up the building, Williams theme getting into full swing.

The neck looks perfectly fine there. Very impressive detailing on the neck in that shot as well.

I'm going to use that as a posing option actually. The 'excuse me' part. The T-1000 wagging finger hand might be a good bonus hand for this figure.

^ I agree, last pic looks great.

I'm really not interested in a Clark figure to be honest, Supes is all I need but for those that do want Clark maybe HT has something in the works?

I'm going to use that as a posing option actually. The 'excuse me' part. The T-1000 wagging finger hand might be a good bonus hand for this figure.

Heh! Good thinking, Batman.

The neck looks perfectly fine there. Very impressive detailing on the neck in that shot as well.

Yeah, that neck seam is just for the proto body anyway. They'll lose it before production.

No, the width. From all the moaning of it being too thin.

Back