1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Further derailing and trolling in this thread will be met with immediate infractions for each offense :)

This was the shot that did it for me. Hell or high water, I'll find a way to pose him like this:

htsupermanpr9.jpg

Further derailing and trolling in this thread will be met with immediate infractions for each offense :)

:yess::goodpost::hi5:

How was your birthday?

(oops thats a derail, isn't it) :panic:

Did anybod else get the email from Sideshow and think that somehow he shipped early... like I did. :mad::cuckoo:

And 90% of it added together isn't as big as Superman: the Movie. The likeness issue being out of the way, it's simply a matter of doing a couple new sculpts and creating a new suit to go on an existing body. Cheap, easy, guaranteed money in their pocket. They essentially made 2 versions of Clark for lame-o Superman Returns. They've made "Mech Test" Tony Stark. They've made Spirit figures. If they don't do a Reeve Clark, then they're dumber than they look.
exactly.

come on namm, you're usually better than this. :) like karamazov said, none of the characters you mentioned, except for bd t-800, is going to sell more than another version of supes.

^ I agree, last pic looks great.

I'm really not interested in a Clark figure to be honest, Supes is all I need but for those that do want Clark maybe HT has something in the works?
i'm not interested in clark in plain cloth either. but what if that clark comes as a 2-in-1 with a better supes? you think anyone here will be able to resist? you only need to look at JRL's ps above to see that this current sculpt is still lacking.

exactly.

come on namm, you're usually better than this. :) like karamazov said, none of the characters you mentioned, except for bd t-800, is going to sell more than another version of supes.

i'm not interested in clark in plain cloth either. but what if that clark comes as a 2-in-1 with a better supes? you think anyone here will be able to resist? you only need to look at JRL's ps above to see that this current sculpt is still lacking.

I can honestly say that I dont need a 2 in 1 CK and Superman from this film. Even if it came with a better Superman. (which would be a really tough act to follow this one)

Yeah, right on, WooooHooooo! I can't hear this enough, I'm glad you brought it up again.

(love the font treatment but the post would have been even clearer had you included the photoshopped image with it - it's still not too late to edit! ;))

exactly.

Oxymoronic. Must be something in the water today. You just proved my point in your own post! :cuckoo: :lol

I was referring to a Clark Kent figure everybody's saying would be an instant money grab, based on HT's statement that Clark isn't even being considered right now. :wink1:

Well to be fair HT said something to the effect that CK wasn't in their immediate plans.

Heh, this thread is being intensively moderated. The post you were referring to is gone.

I'm still angry. :mad:

But anyway...Superman, Superman, Photoshop, Superman, blah, blah, blah...

I hope they change this headsculpt because right now it looks nothing like the Jim Lee superman.. waitaminute!!! :rolleyes2

Anyone know when the pictorial from Milk Magazine from a few pages back is available for download?? Looks like a great set...

:yess::goodpost::hi5:

How was your birthday?

(oops thats a derail, isn't it) :panic:

Did anybod else get the email from Sideshow and think that somehow he shipped early... like I did. :mad::cuckoo:

It was great Marc. Thanks for asking.

It would have been better if Superman had been the reveal instead of the New Goblin :lol

Oxymoronic. Must be something in the water today. You just proved my point in your own post! :cuckoo: :lol
that's because i just cannot see ht releasing clark just as clark. if clark is to be made, it'll be as a 2-in-1. we already have the precedent for this. it'll be the easiest thing to do, to just add another supes costume and another reeve headsculpt and sell it as another version. it's easier to do, and will be a bigger moneymaker, than sabretooth or whatever else you mentioned earlier.

I was referring to a Clark Kent figure everybody's saying would be an instant money grab, based on HT's statement that Clark isn't even being considered right now. :wink1:
ht is just now taking pre-order for a superman fig, and you expect them to reveal their grand plan for the license RIGHT NOW? is ht stupid? r u that gullible? "isnt being considered right now" is not the same as never ever.

Last edited:

ht is just now taking pre-order for a superman fig, and you expect them to reveal their grand plan for the license RIGHT NOW? is ht stupid? r u that gullible? "isnt being considered right now" is not the same as never ever.

The term they used was "near future." Given what's coming in the near future, Cap, TDKR, Green Lantern, new Superman, Avengers, Hulk, etc., plus the figures they're still developing like MGS, Suckerpunch, Avatar, etc., it's easy to see CK gets sidelined. Especially with TDKR.

i wasn't even born when the movie had come out, though I've seen it twice, and so I can't fully appreciate the movie but this figure is unbelievable, Arnie pulled it off again,
and I kind of want the figure though I'm not even a huge huge fan

wow

This figure needs a green crystal. Gonna customize one for my HT Jor-El methinks.

I've got an idea of what it is, but someone tell me what does TDKR stand for anyway.

This figure needs a green crystal. Gonna customize one for my HT Jor-El methinks.

Maybe with a never to be made young Clark. But when does "Superman" ever use it in part I? In know he finds it again in part II . . .

Back