1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I really don't want Zod, as honestly, I never really liked the design (nylon parachute pants, anyone?), but if he was released, the completionist in me would probably buy him. I'd like to see a Luthor, but my big 2 from this line are the same as everyone elses: a Clark/Superman 2-in-1 (preferrably a DX), and an updated Jor-El.

The only other figure I want out of this line is Clark Kent. While Hackman's Luthor was great and Zod is well Zod, I'm not really that emotionally tied to this other than Reeve himself.

The only other figure I want out of this line is Clark Kent. While Hackman's Luthor was great and Zod is well Zod, I'm not really that emotionally tied to this other than Reeve himself.

Agreed :exactly:

Honestly even if they do not officially do a Clark, with an extra HT Superman, a custom can be easily made to do a Clark figure. I invision having him ripping his shirt open with the S showing underneath.

Honestly even if they do not officially do a Clark, with an extra HT Superman, a custom can be easily made to do a Clark figure. I invision having him ripping his shirt open with the S showing underneath.

:hi5::hi5:

Not sure how the cape is attached exactly, this may mean unpicking a thread or two to remove it.

Not sure how the cape is attached exactly, this may mean unpicking a thread or two to remove it.
just use small magnets. 2 sewn in underneath the cape, and 2 embedded on the tt body. the cape are folded into the collar of the blue suit so you cant even notice the magnets there.

There is a Reeve Cinemaquette if you're looking to spend big bucks.

$2000? I am all for spending some coins for those dolls, but that's too much, maybe if only 10 were made or something which is not the case.

Yeah in term of other statues, there really isnt any villians or allies in the superman universe that's memorable enough to make a worthy statue. Maybe doomsday? but he's not very well known. Only superman himself.

Hopefully the new movie in 2012 will do justice similar to what batman begins did to the series. The 2006 remake was such a piece of crap.

just use small magnets. 2 sewn in underneath the cape, and 2 embedded on the tt body. the cape are folded into the collar of the blue suit so you cant even notice the magnets there.

I don't think that'd look right.

If Hot Toys would make Nuclear Man from Superman IV i'd buy him for sure.

nuclearman.jpg

and....

slater.jpg

Nuclear Man is a most definite pass for me, but I might actually go after Supergirl. . .despite it being from a horrible movie, she more or less looked like that in the comics.

i'd love HT to make Zod, Non, Ursa, Jor-el, Lex & Lois, but I don't think it's gonna happen. at best, i think they would do Lex, Zod and possibly a 2 in 1 superman and clark.

Of course i'd love to have Zod, Ursa and Non as first villians released, Luthor as well.

Nuclear Man kicked the sh't out of Superman so, i'd say he is worthy to be displayed in my collection, i think he would look pretty cool with a mean looking expression on the sculpt while standing beside Lex Luthor.

umm....yeah ild spring her her, but probably no luthor etc- just something about a superman figure that so cool.

OT but i would like a lynda carter wonder woman to add to a dc display

I could see a Nuclear Man thread now:
"I hate this character, and won't be buying this figure, but if I were a fan, I'd be disappointed. For starters, his fingernails aren't long enough, his mullet isn't poofy enough, his cheekbones are completely different from the ones Bartender Mark has now, and on top of it all, his costume isn't shiny enough!:horror"

so i just did the pre order for the SS exclusive. Since this is my first HT figure i was googling for some of their past work and found this:

https://www.eddiewong.net/2010/02/13/hot-toys-mms-dx-batman-defects/

man wtf? leaking oil on their $200+ flagship product? this is worrisome. Hopefully superman will be strong enough to "hold" the oil inside unlike that wimp batman.

so i just did the pre order for the SS exclusive. Since this is my first HT figure i was googling for some of their past work and found this:

https://www.eddiewong.net/2010/02/13/hot-toys-mms-dx-batman-defects/

man wtf? leaking oil on their $200+ flagship product? this is worrisome. Hopefully superman will be strong enough to "hold" the oil inside unlike that wimp batman.

This is very old news.

And was fixed with HT second batch of DX02's. And I dont see Superman having any problems like this.

Back