1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Damn that's beautiful.

Whoever posed the figure did a really retarded job with the hand placement though.

Damn that's beautiful.

Whoever posed the figure did a really retarded job with the hand placement though.

"Guess which hand has the quarter." :lol

:lol Exactly.

American bigotry is the worst.

Haha. Good grief. Since when is distaste for MGS "bigotry"? He said he didn't think they would stand the test of time -- where Superman and Batman have already stood the test of time. Seems like a reasonable guess. He may be right, he may be wrong. MGS may not stand the test of time here, even if it does in Japan. Either way, it isn't bigoted.

One might more aptly call a label like "American bigotry" itself bigoted. He's not the one that applied an insulting label to a nationality.

SnakeDoc

I'm just glad I didn't waste any money on the mattel version. Next to the Hot Toys Superman it's sad.

How come we didn't see any photo shopped pictures of that one?
Honestly, it's about expectations. People expect Hot Toys to give us figures that look 100% like the characters they are supposed to represent (even though HT very rarely really perfectly nails it IMO, so those expectations are not realistic). People expect Mattel is gonna look like a cheap kids' toy, so no major complaints when that's exactly what you get.

Honestly, it's about expectations. People expect Hot Toys to give us figures that look 100% like the characters they are supposed to represent (even though HT very rarely really perfectly nails it IMO, so those expectations are not realistic). People expect Mattel is gonna look like a cheap kids' toy, so no major complaints when that's exactly what you get.

I saw the Mattel proto, and it didn't look like the finish product. Not even close.

Those washed out, white background photographs always make the figure look like ____.

But did folks expect that it would?

I sure did. Even join Matty's so I could order it. But when i see the final product I just said I'll wait for Hot Toys. So I'm one of those that's glad I didn't buy the Mattel one.

I sure did. Even join Matty's so I could order it. But when i see the final product I just said I'll wait for Hot Toys. So I'm one of those that's glad I didn't buy the Mattel one.

I was going to go for the Mattel one too. I think it was great for the price. Guess it was a good thing I never had the money all the times it was issued/reissued. Now just to save for this bad boy :)

Haha. Good grief. Since when is distaste for MGS "bigotry"? He said he didn't think they would stand the test of time -- where Superman and Batman have already stood the test of time. Seems like a reasonable guess. He may be right, he may be wrong. MGS may not stand the test of time here, even if it does in Japan. Either way, it isn't bigoted.

One might more aptly call a label like "American bigotry" itself bigoted. He's not the one that applied an insulting label to a nationality.

SnakeDoc

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: Reread his post. It's the assumption that American pop icons are greater than international ones and how dare anybody not agree. It wasn't character "specific" as much as it was the implication that "American POV > World POV."

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: Reread his post. It's the assumption that American pop icons are greater than international ones and how dare anybody not agree. It wasn't character "specific" as much as it was the implication that "American POV > World POV."

So what? He's American. He's allowed to think American heroes are better -- even if simply because they're American like he is. Is it really bigotry to not give cultural heroes from another country an equal shot at your interest? Come on.

Again -- there is more bigotry in the label "American bigotry" than in his post. Only one of the two used a broad brush to paint an entire culture.

SnakeDoc

So what? He's American. He's allowed to think American heroes are better -- even if simply because they're American like he is. Is it really bigotry to not give cultural heroes from another country an equal shot at your interest? Come on.

Again -- there is more bigotry in the label "American bigotry" than in his post. Only one of the two used a broad brush to paint an entire culture.

SnakeDoc

OPEN YOUR EYES! :lol If I say your opinion should have no value because your American and my opinion is better than yours because I'm Canadian, how would that make you feel?

OPEN YOUR EYES! :lol If I say your opinion should have no value because your American and my opinion is better than yours because I'm Canadian, how would that make you feel?

Inferior...

or like General Zod, trapped in that "glass-prism thingy"

Back