1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

65c02e50jw1dhzl7zs1whj.jpg

Nice hi-res. Is there a hi-res of the other flying one that was posted with that one? :wave

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: Reread his post. It's the assumption that American pop icons are greater than international ones and how dare anybody not agree. It wasn't character "specific" as much as it was the implication that "American POV > World POV."

Are you guys still mad at me? I dont even know how nationality and bigotry got into this. My whole point was to counter the OP by stating the poll was done only in japan so obviously the american heroes would be less popular and not a very accurate barometer.

I have no issue with japanese heroes, dbz is one of my all time favorite both the comics and statues, i still have my collection in original japanese from many years back. But all those new video game figures are exactly that - crap. Both american and japanese - mgs, final fantasy, tombrider etc..even if the video game is quite good. They will not stood the test of time and fade into junk status overtime. The only exception is the starcraft marine statue, that has reached cult status.

PS mattel stuff are for little kids, they have no place in a collector's inventory.

PS mattel stuff are for little kids, they have no place in a collector's inventory.

You are quite opinionated aren't you? Who are you to decide what has a place in a collector's inventory and what doesn't? Surely it's up to each collector to decide.

You are quite opinionated aren't you? Who are you to decide what has a place in a collector's inventory and what doesn't? Surely it's up to each collector to decide.

He'll fit in here nicely ;)

Are you guys still mad at me? I dont even know how nationality and bigotry got into this. My whole point was to counter the OP by stating the poll was done only in japan so obviously the american heroes would be less popular and not a very accurate barometer.
I have no issue with japanese heroes, dbz is one of my all time favorite both the comics and statues, i still have my collection in original japanese from many years back. But all those new video game figures are exactly that - crap. Both american and japanese - mgs, final fantasy, tombrider etc..even if the video game is quite good. They will not stood the test of time and fade into junk status overtime. The only exception is the starcraft marine statue, that has reached cult status.

I don't know, Spider-Man is HUGE in Japan. He may beat out a few Japanese heroes in popularity. Not Ultraman or Son Goku mind you but Spidey carries some weight.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

I don't know, Spider-Man is HUGE in Japan. He may beat out a few Japanese heroes in popularity. Not Ultraman or Son Goku mind you but Spidey carries some weight.

I would think Batman, with his whole "antihero" status would be fairly successful there as well.

OPEN YOUR EYES! :lol If I say your opinion should have no value because your American and my opinion is better than yours because I'm Canadian, how would that make you feel?

I really wouldn't give a damn. Happens all the time, actually.

Without opinionated people, we would not be able to witness the glory of anti-opinionated people that just don't like unqualified opinions -- on constant patrol for those that don't type "IMO" before they tell you what they think. Who are you to decide who he is to decide what has a place in a collector's inventory? Surely it's up to each decider to decide what they think they should decide.

Lighten up.

SnakeDoc

I put my foot down on my woman!

I told her that I bought 2 and that's that....end of story..final!

She said nope, only 1 was allowed.

I immediately cancelled the second one :monkey2

:lol :rotfl :lol

I decided to cancel this too. Not crazy about the sculpt and the Supes character anyway. I do think this will sky rocket on the secondary market but I don't buy collectibles just to flip them.

I've been waiting for over 30 years for a superman figure that looks like Christopher Reeve. Kinda like when I first got the 12" Mego version. I think Hot Toys did a great job. By the way has anyone seen the back of the cape? I would love to see the yellow "S" on it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That looks like John Travolta in a Supes disguise.

The back of the cape does, in fact, have the yellow S symbol. There are pics. . .somewhere.

:lol :rotfl :lol

I decided to cancel this too. Not crazy about the sculpt and the Supes character anyway. I do think this will sky rocket on the secondary market but I don't buy collectibles just to flip them.

Superman is special because there really isnt many collector quality statues made, and this is as clean and high quality reproduction as you can get to the original classic, very authentic. Compare this to marvel/ironman / starwar *troopers where you cant sneeze without blowing into one of 10000000 different colored versions of them. Just search superman in ss website, then search for ironman or troopers. See the difference?

That's why superman is super! I pre-ordered 2 and plan to keep them both. 1 exclusive 1 regular.

The only thing bugging me is that the wrist joints ate always showing so far, almost as if the suit is slightly too short.

But wow those new pics are super.

My suggestions are being forwarded to Hot Toys and hopefully they'll be able to make the adjustments.

I've given them accurate artwork and sizes for the chest and cape emblems and have illustrated what they need to do to the top of the boots to make them better. All of these things should be very easy to fix and would make the costume look more accurate than it does at the moment (although it's a great effort already).

Hopefully they'll tweak some things on the head sculpt too but it's still going to be an awesome figure.

Chris

My suggestions are being forwarded to Hot Toys and hopefully they'll be able to make the adjustments.

I've given them accurate artwork and sizes for the chest and cape emblems and have illustrated what they need to do to the top of the boots to make them better. All of these things should be very easy to fix and would make the costume look more accurate than it does at the moment (although it's a great effort already).

Hopefully they'll tweak some things on the head sculpt too but it's still going to be an awesome figure.

Chris

FiyfL.gif

Nothing to be confused about. The artwork they've used for the chest and cape shields needs to be improved so I have supplied them with the correct versions.
The detailing at the top of the boots is wrong too so I've advised them about how this needs to be changed.
This is not just some Photoshopping exercise. I've researched the Reeve Superman costume for many years so I've given Hot Toys some constructive input based on all that research.

It's all good.

Back