1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Is the acrylic stand integrated with the Fortress of Solitude diorama?
I would like to do flying poses without having the diorama displayed

My suggestions are being forwarded to Hot Toys and hopefully they'll be able to make the adjustments.

I've given them accurate artwork and sizes for the chest and cape emblems and have illustrated what they need to do to the top of the boots to make them better.

You should post some of the illustrations and pictures that you sent Hot Toys here.

65c02e50jw1dhzl7zs1whj.jpg

That to me shows the sculpt is almost as good as the photoshop. (You can see so much more detailing in the face)
Which I am tired of seeing being compared next to the washed out photo, that gives a false impression of a skinny neck

This is going to look so good next to a Keaton Batman. I'll be ready to let my DCD DX Batman go at that point.

I've been waiting for over 30 years for a superman figure that looks like Christopher Reeve. Kinda like when I first got the 12" Mego version. I think Hot Toys did a great job. By the way has anyone seen the back of the cape? I would love to see the yellow "S" on it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wow. Thanks for posting that, Chew74. That really takes me back. I LOVED that figure when I was a kid. To me it was the perfect Supes. That one and the 9" version. Funny how things look to you when you're young. Now it looks pretty terrible, but HT has managed to create a figure that looks now like how I saw that original Mego figure though an 8 years old's eyes. Did that make sense?

QUOTE=gagaliya;3508484]does anyone know if sideshow will ever make a premium format version of this superman? I really want to pre-order this but hot toys to me is lower on the food chain for collectors, i would rather get the sideshow premium format if they plan to make one. Anyone know? thanks[/QUOTE]

There is a Reeve Cinemaquette if you're looking to spend big bucks.

This is the PhilFX custom 1/4 Scale Reeve. IMHO the best likeness of Reeve at any scale. I'm not sure if they are still available. I was lucky enough to get one and at a 1/4 the price of the cinemaquette. Might be worth looking at if you want something similar to the sideshow premium format.

View attachment 36453View attachment 36452
View attachment 36451

Last edited:

^^ Hmm not bad, the sculpt looks great but the paint app is a bit mediocre. Great piece & congrats on having this stat!

Agreed with my pinoy forum-mate. Your Reeve sculpt is not bad (I would say there is still something amateurish about the eyes and brow) but the paint apps definitely detract from it.

Okay, the paintjob is not HT's quality (but hey, no one can match them on them here... except maybe DID or EB), but THAT's Reeve!!! No question here!

Your Supes is definitely a guy with X-ray vision, not CROSS-ray vision! :lol

That's a strange Supes fig on that picture... :(

I have both 12" Supes from my childhood. The generic one and the supposed-to-be CR version.
But they came on different bodies. The generic Superman came with that body while the CR Supes came on a much more muscular body than that!

So anybody had a CR Supes with the skinny body around?

Wow. Thanks for posting that, Chew74. That really takes me back. I LOVED that figure when I was a kid. To me it was the perfect Supes. That one and the 9" version. Funny how things look to you when you're young. Now it looks pretty terrible, but HT has managed to create a figure that looks now like how I saw that original Mego figure though an 8 years old's eyes. Did that make sense?

You put that really well. I remember always going to the market to find that figure and always being disappointed when it wasn't there. Batman and Robin were always easy to find, but Superman was always gone before I could get my hands on him.

Funny how things differ from one country to the other.

Superman was easy to get in France (I must have had several over my whole childhood because I made customs of Cap' America, Doc Strange, Daredevil... and always wanted my parents to buy them for me so I could use the bodies), so was Spiderman.

However, I had (and still have) only one Batman and remember that I saw him ony once in a shopwindow.

But I agree completely about the HT Supes making me feel the same and that in my child's eyes, Mego was my favorite, perfect toy! :D

You put that really well. I remember always going to the market to find that figure and always being disappointed when it wasn't there. Batman and Robin were always easy to find, but Superman was always gone before I could get my hands on him.

My suggestions are being forwarded to Hot Toys and hopefully they'll be able to make the adjustments.

I've given them accurate artwork and sizes for the chest and cape emblems and have illustrated what they need to do to the top of the boots to make them better. All of these things should be very easy to fix and would make the costume look more accurate than it does at the moment (although it's a great effort already).

Hopefully they'll tweak some things on the head sculpt too but it's still going to be an awesome figure.

Chris

https://www.whitewhine.com :wink1:

QUOTE=gagaliya;3508484]does anyone know if sideshow will ever make a premium format version of this superman? I really want to pre-order this but hot toys to me is lower on the food chain for collectors, i would rather get the sideshow premium format if they plan to make one. Anyone know? thanks

Still trolling eh? :nono

This is the PhilFX custom 1/4 Scale Reeve. IMHO the best likeness of Reeve at any scale. I'm not sure if they are still available. I was lucky enough to get one and at a 1/4 the price of the cinemaquette. Might be worth looking at if you want something similar to the sideshow premium format.

View attachment 36451

Disagree. Looks more like the Autobotjohn headsculpt. :dunno

That's a strange Supes fig on that picture... :(

I have both 12" Supes from my childhood. The generic one and the supposed-to-be CR version.
But they came on different bodies. The generic Superman came with that body while the CR Supes came on a much more muscular body than that!

So anybody had a CR Supes with the skinny body around?

Here's the larger, more muscular Christopher Reeve figure from Mego. I still love the Fly Away Action feature.

MEGO12-SUPLOOSE.jpg

QUOTE=gagaliya;3508484]does anyone know if sideshow will ever make a premium format version of this superman? I really want to pre-order this but hot toys to me is lower on the food chain for collectors, i would rather get the sideshow premium format if they plan to make one. Anyone know? thanks

View attachment 36451

I'm sorry, and im sure you were happy with this a couple of years ago, but the texture and paintapp on that is....

Back