1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

FiyfL.gif
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Lol that guy is talking to him and then suddenly he's like

"..wait, where the the Fk am I ?....Am i suppose to kill this guy?! ...purple walls all around me ! "

And the camera guy starts zooming out "..slowly...back away"

Stage director to camera guy "Get out of there- JUST GET OUT NOW!"

I guess it will depend on whether or not they are making modifications to the figure. If they change the face sculpt wouldn't they have to go back for approval? I guess that would also depend on their agreement with the Reeve foundation and the amount of changes made, if any.

I guess it will depend on whether or not they are making modifications to the figure. If they change the face sculpt wouldn't they have to go back for approval? I guess that would also depend on their agreement with the Reeve foundation and the amount of changes made, if any.

Maybe. Lee was also revised but still arrived earlier than scheduled. :huh

Maybe. Lee was also revised but still arrived earlier than scheduled. :huh

Which Lee are you talking about? The DX04 was WAY behind schedule.The Smiling Bruce Lee's came early as the body was done, the clothing is essentially different. All they added were a couple of extra palms. Also remember they are BRUCE LEE... thats a MAJOR someone when you are HK company, specially when a rival making the same license is hitting the market soon. HT released the smiling Bruce Lees so fast as their sale window encompassed EB's GoD sale time.

Aggressive Expansion to say the least...

Which Lee are you talking about? The DX04 was WAY behind schedule.The Smiling Bruce Lee's came early as the body was done, the clothing is essentially different. All they added were a couple of extra palms. Also remember they are BRUCE LEE... thats a MAJOR someone when you are HK company, specially when a rival making the same license is hitting the market soon. HT released the smiling Bruce Lees so fast as their sale window encompassed EB's GoD sale time.

Aggressive Expansion to say the least...

:goodpost::lecture :exactly:

I have to say martin-el that THIS PIC:

Seb_Manip2.jpg

REALLY does make the figure look accurate like CRAZY! Whoever did the manipulation did a great job!

My attempt to get HT to revise the figure slightly before it goes into production -

https://www.supermania78.com/2011/06/open-letter-to-hot-toys.html

Hope you guys like what you see with the changes...!

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have a hard enough time trying to see what you're talking about let alone trying to decipher the blurry text in your images. Might want to add a prompt for them letting them know they can click the images to make them bigger and the text readable.

I have to say martin-el that THIS PIC:

Seb_Manip2.jpg

REALLY does make the figure look accurate like CRAZY! Whoever did the manipulation did a great job!

I've been looking at this for ten minutes . . . what the hell did they change!? It looks a lot better in the after picture, but I can't pick out what was actually done. I feel like the eyes were moved outward more, but then as I stare at it it starts to look the same. That second one looks crazy good, I'm happy with the sculpt but this would put it way over the top.

I've been looking at this for ten minutes . . . what the hell did they change!? It looks a lot better in the after picture, but I can't pick out what was actually done. I feel like the eyes were moved outward more, but then as I stare at it it starts to look the same. That second one looks crazy good, I'm happy with the sculpt but this would put it way over the top.

Looks like the face was widened overall and the eyes were separated a tad. The curl was scaled down too.

As you can probably see from my join date I'm just getting back into collecting, so I'm a Hot Toys noob. Do they really tend to take customer suggestions into account?

As you can probably see from my join date I'm just getting back into collecting, so I'm a Hot Toys noob. Do they really tend to take customer suggestions into account?
Probably not very much. Hard to say with certainty, though. HT does tend to make changes from prototype to final product, but how much of that is due to fan whining vs. their own, independent decisions? Unknown. If memory serves, HT themselves claimed that fan outrage caused them to include the Predator falcon with, er, Falconer. Probably a bad move on their part, since it just reinforced collectors' bad behavior.

Back